The Student Room Group

Girls: what is your dream wedding dress?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ColdWishes
I don't really want the traditional white wedding dress. My dream wedding dress would be quite "rocky" and my ideal color would be black.

Awesome! I love that it's so unique, tired of the whole white wedding cliche, nice to see someone wants something diffrent! Never thought much about a wedding dress really :s-smilie: though i'd like to do something diffrent as well not so traditional :biggrin:
Oh, an awesome site for people interested in non-traditional, yet still beautiful and meaningful weddings and brides is offbeatbride.com It's become compulsive for me to check it :p:
Reply 22
Never thought about it. Don't care much for weddings.
To be fair I've never really thought of that one 'dream' wedding - especially since I don't really believe in marriage.

However, I had a quick look and I'd probably go for something like this;
[got me written all over it haha]

I had a quick look on google images and these caught my eye:

Spoiler

I'm not a big fan of dresses that go out at about the knees - I want to hide my hips as much as possible! I also don't like a load of ruffles/lace
Reply 25
I really want to wear a traditional dress for my wedding, with pretty sequins and colour and nicely fitted.

Course, if I can't, I'd probably settle for a western-style wedding dress. Some of these look amazing.
This was the only pic I could find of something vaguely similar to what I want, the one on the left:

Except I'd want a sweetheart neckline with a halterneck instead :smile:
Ultimate choice

Spoiler

Others:

Spoiler

:love:
Reply 28
I am already married, this was my dress: (not putting a pic of me on here, so this is on the model)

http://image1.dhgate.com/upload/20108/90/ff80808123049c6001230502a2f13433/productimg1281320088514.jpg

Wish I could do it all again though so I could go dress shopping again :frown:
Reply 29
Most wedding dresses are beautiful, especially with the thought that you'd spend one of the most important days of your life (in some peoples opinion) in it.
My sister is getting married in August and she'll be wearing a fitted dress, that has a green ribbon around the waist, the ribbon then goes round the back and becomes the train (it's hard to explain) so she can detach the train/ribbon for the night time. Best of both worlds. Plus it's really quirky which really suits her and her personality.

For me, i'd like something a bit different too, but elegant. Maybe vintage inspired? I'm really into that.
Can't find any pictures of one's that i love (good job i won't have to look for a few years!) but yeah, all are beautiful really.
Reply 30
This is something similar to what my dream wedding will be...

Original post by sharpesparkle
Charlotte Balbier!

They're always so classy, romantic and gorgeous, with a vintagey feel. Lovely lace and silks, and not too many strapless dresses (they're just not for me!)
My favourite two:

Tabitha:

I adore this dress!

I would love a vintage inspired dress. Something lacy and tight fitting. My mum makes wedding dresses so it would mean a lot to me if she made mine.

It would be something like this:

Probably strapless and knee length with and flared skirt. I'm quite short and the full length ones tend to drown me!
http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm-img/309093722-Beach-Lace-Wedding-Dress-Bridal-Gown-C1-Knee-Length-Short-wholesalers.html
Kind of like this, but better!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 34
wedding dress.jpg

:love: :love:
Reply 35
I don't really like wedding dresses... I'll be watching this thread though. :teeth:
Everyone seems to wear strapless these days. I have a scrapbook with pages and pages of wedding dresses but my current favourite is:
Reply 37
i quite like strapless dresses, but i only ever planned my wedding when i was really little.
now i dont think i really know what i want! probably best to try lots on & see what looks best.
eeek, i cant wait! :biggrin: have to keep my fingers crossed somebody wants to marry me :p:
Reply 38
I don't think I'm the type to ever get married really, but during those certain times when I have wondered... :wink:

It would be something similar to this, or with thicker sleeves, since I'd want to get married somewhere snowy. It's one thing I would not budge on, I love the snow. :tongue:
In a perfect world, where I would be 5'9 and could afford any dress...
The one and only

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending