BSc or BA? I've applied for Geography BSc :biggrin:

Bsc, its the only way to go
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 1001
Original post by potatonater
I just applied because it was small (im from a small village so ....) and because it was in the centre, damn - thats the second college ive picked that has a reputation for being posh :frown: im not doin very well ...

I picked it because when I visited I really liked it - small, central, reeeally pretty. I'm sure it'll be fiiiiine, there are nice people where ever you go. And hey, i'm guessing you're nice and not posh, and neither am i, and we've applied :smile:
Reply 1002
Bsc, its the only way to go

Same :smile:
Original post by rohitronaldo
Yup, I'm international which might explain why they got back to me much earlier. My school doesn't tell us our predicted grades, so no clue there :s-smilie:. I do the IB program so I guess its around/above the Durham requirement of 37 points for Economics. Not sure about the A-Level equivalent of that.

Oh good luck with your application, I am sure Durham will start notifying very soon!

Oh, and my AES updated on a Thursday evening, not Sunday.

Ahh yes, they often answer international students back earlier for obvious reasons! It's probably equivalent to 3A's I'm guessing?

How many days after your AES change did your UCAS change?
sammmeeeeeeee
Original post by eve_m
I picked it because when I visited I really liked it - small, central, reeeally pretty. I'm sure it'll be fiiiiine, there are nice people where ever you go. And hey, i'm guessing you're nice and not posh, and neither am i, and we've applied :smile:

Yeah should be good - is Durham ur first choice or ...?
Original post by Hnk2401
Same :smile:

What college was your preference?
Original post by appleschnapps
This. :biggrin: Is your AES still saying "A decision has not yet been made." though?

Haha, nice one! I've only just looged onto my AES (relying on UCAS Track to keep me updated), and it's said the same thing.

Congratulations again on the offer; which college did you opt for?

----

I've also applied to medicine, so I handed it in earlier than most other applicants. Around the 12th October, something like that.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by triggietrigtrig
Has anyone had any strange IB offers from Durham?
I had one for 37 BUT 777 at HL, which is ridiculous. No one has that kind of standard offer.

37 with 777 is absolutely absurd. What courses are you doing and what have you applied for? I do IB and my offer is for languages but it's only 36 with 6 in HL French.

Original post by antantoon
Nice Ive applied to Durham and Mcgill, what did you apply for? Would you choose Durham over Mcgill?

I've applied for languages (French, Russian and Spanish), how about you? And yeah I definitely would, while I love Montreal, I'd rather be in the UK.
Original post by adam0311
I applied to UMich, GW, NYU and Fordham. Then a couple safeties like Rutgers and IU.

Since I doubt I'll get into LSE, I'll most likely be at Durham come Oct 2011.

Yeah I highly doubt I would get an offer from Oxford so I'm hoping that'll be where I am as well come October =]
Reply 1010
What college was your preference?

St Aidan's. You?
What's your offer?
Original post by MorningElegance
I got an offer for BSc Geography last week (WOOOOP!), and am waiting to hear from St Johns!

We seem to be having a lot of geographers around these parts... My AES says its at a college :smile: - nothing off UCAS yet :/
Original post by Hnk2401
St Aidan's. You?
What's your offer?

I dont have an offer yet - its on AES gone to college so not definite - but im post a level applicant so unless they really hate me, it should (if they do give me an offer:P) be unconditional. - What was yours?
Oh and the college was ermm Hatfield
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by RupertTheBear
Maths at University College

Are you doing the STEP test?
Original post by Seasick Steve
Haha, nice one! I've only just looged onto my AES (relying on UCAS Track to keep me updated), and it's said the same thing.

Congratulations again on the offer; which college did you opt for?

John Snow, for deep and meaningful reasons that are not in the slightest bit shallow. I took Social and Economic History at GCSE and I learned more than enough about George Stephenson and his gauge to last a lifetime.
Original post by playxsailxliv

I've applied for languages (French, Russian and Spanish), how about you? And yeah I definitely would, while I love Montreal, I'd rather be in the UK.

I applied for Science major in Biochemistry or major in Microbiology & Immunology. I have family in Canada/USA and family in UK so it depends if I get reasonable offers or Ill probably have it as my back up, Mcgill that is, if I get in :smile:
Hey, I'm applying for Theoretical Physics at Durham, and I was wondering what would the best college to live in would be? So far I've put no college preference down on my UCAS (late I know) but I was considering changing it to either Grey College or St Cuthbert's.
Original post by <3 Music
Are you doing the STEP test?

HA how far back did you go to find this comment, I am not even applying to durham any more...

No I am not planning to sit STEP any more as no university will ask me to and I want to travel. I thought Imperial might ask me to do it but they don't seem to be fussed about me sitting it. I am going to practice the papers as if I were sitting it though.
Reply 1018
Yeah should be good - is Durham ur first choice or ...?

2nd after Cambridge, but I would sooo love to go :smile: actually I really want to go to all my unis - even if I get into Cambridge i'll still be sad not to be going to the others. sounds a bit silly. oh well :smile: is it yours?
Original post by appleschnapps
John Snow, for deep and meaningful reasons that are not in the slightest bit shallow. I took Social and Economic History at GCSE and I learned more than enough about George Stephenson and his gauge to last a lifetime.

I chose John Snow as well, but purely because I preferred it from the info given in the prospectus. Even though I've gone for three med school choices, I'm almost tempted to declare Durham as my favourite :smile:

Latest