The Student Room Group

Post your desk!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by lareneg
Yes, computer science is such a stressful subject. If I hear anything more about proof theory I might just kill a rabbit.

what's the typical work in computer science?

and what's proof theory? :confused:

set my camera on timer so I could be in picture- for the ladies

comp now gets the basic model of the game on which snake was supposedly based, dno if its just a rumour tho
Here's mine! It's a bit messy but it does have a bubblegum machine and (if you can make it out) a smiley face "I Love Latin!" badge.

Original post by KingofSpades

set my camera on timer so I could be in picture- for the ladies

comp now gets the basic model of the game on which snake was supposedly based, dno if its just a rumour tho

Hahaha your awesome.

I didn't expect this thread to have a big response like it has!
Some good desks there :tongue:
Ill post mine soon
Original post by LemonPi
Did it come with the Dairy Milk Easter egg?

Mine did :biggrin:

Oh yes! I got that last Easter with the little egg.. I got a yellow one too. :biggrin:
Reply 125
Thought I'd join in :smile:

My old school tv, laptop, work that I need to start and some 'healthy' snacks :p:

TSR on my laptop (this thread to be precise) and my teddy bear collection :moon:
Original post by Kaykiie
Thought I'd join in :smile:

My old school tv, laptop, work that I need to start and some 'healthy' snacks :p:

TSR on my laptop (this thread to be precise) and my teddy bear collection :moon:

My desk on your desk XD.

LOL, bad, I know. Got lots to do this week so can't be arsed to do some tidying. Normally, there's just the computer screen and the printer on the desk and nothing else. I can be both extremes :colondollar:
Original post by gamer91
crap quality due to phone, but you get the idea...

Samsung SyncMaster P2450 by any chance? :p:
Absolute pig sty, but I have been working very hard lately!
Not as big/classy as many of them on here, but it does me :tongue:

This thread is inspiring! I shall try to put a pic up tomorrow. At the moment, though, my desk is very messy.
Reply 132
Original post by W.H.T
what's the typical work in computer science?

and what's proof theory? :confused:

CS involves quite a bit of nasty maths. We're doing Java, SQL and Mathematical Structures at the moment. Proof theory is part of the maths we're doing... it involves alot of horrible notation :P
Reply 133
Original post by win2kpro
Samsung SyncMaster P2450 by any chance? :p:

got it in one (including its craptastic stand) also a 2043BW (which is currently in portrait mode for programming and the like - god bless HAS stands!).
Reply 134
Sorry these are so over-exposed, the room is a bit dark and the iPhone camera more than a tad crap. :p:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 135
Why do so many people have/need 2 monitors??
Reply 136
Original post by Kash:)

In my case, the one on the right doubles up as a TV. Dual monitors is pretty much essential for video editing as well, you get a much better lookout using two monitors instead of just one. Plus, the bigger monitor was bought after the smaller one, and since the smaller one still worked it seemed stupid to just get rid of it, so I figured I might as well continue to use it. :p:

I was wondering the same thing? :s-smilie:

explain people, why?
Reply 138

mostly because we can, but its rather useful for programming; code on one, pdfs/web/writeup/documentation on the other
Original post by Kidms001
Not as big/classy as many of them on here, but it does me :tongue:

Snip

What is that laptop riser/stand/thing you've got? I'm looking for a decent one but can't find much :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending