The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Anyone got an offer for Biology, yet?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Anyone applied for a degree course in the Scandinavian department?
Original post by joe1105
I got a rejection today, pretty devastated.

I'm sorry :frown: What course was it for?
Reply 1103
Original post by sportycricketer
Anyone doing Statistics, Economics and Finance? Any Feedback?

Hey ! Another person applying for stats of some sort finally. What are your grades and such? I've applies for the international statistics programme so I can follow any of the usual stats degrees with a year aboad. I'm thinking either stats econ and a language or and finance. I'm pretty sure I've no chance of getting in despite good grades. Hears anything back from them yet?
Reply 1104
It was for Law, i thought I had a good chance but clearly not. I really wanted to go there. :frown:( xx
Original post by bownessie
Anyone got an offer for Biology, yet?

Biology interviews are tomorrow, the first set anyway.
Original post by Salastico7
I went to a school with a 6% pass rate

As in 6% of students pass their GCSEs? How is that school even open?
Original post by joe1105
It was for Law, i thought I had a good chance but clearly not. I really wanted to go there. :frown:( xx

Ah man I am so sorry! Don't let it get you down too much.
Reply 1108
Original post by antantoon
Biochemistry, just an acknowledgement so far.
7 Chem HL
6 Bio HL
6 Maths HL
40/45 predicted

How are other IB pupils getting along with UCL?

wow, I'm doing the same highers:
7 chem HL
7 bio HL
7 math HL
predicted 42/45. Applying for chem eng in UCL, still yet to receive a reply. In reality I may end up getting a 6 in math HL, but i think i could get all 3 bonus points instead of 2.
Reply 1109
Original post by Salastico7

I applied for Phil/Econ so I assume so.

I haven't heard anything from them :frown: I know they don't interview international students, but I was expecting at least an email saying, "we've sent you questionnaires bla bla bla"
Reply 1110
Original post by i_hate_teeth
cool, when was your interview?

I had it on November 4th, so it's taken them about a week and a half to get back to me with a decision, which was fortunately a good one :biggrin:.
Original post by homer6
wow, I'm doing the same highers:
7 chem HL
7 bio HL
7 math HL
predicted 42/45. Applying for chem eng in UCL, still yet to receive a reply. In reality I may end up getting a 6 in math HL, but i think i could get all 3 bonus points instead of 2.

Oh wow, good luck with it. Im officially fed up with my highers and IB in general, jsut 5 months until exams though :s seems so soon. I reckon I could get 7 in Bio HL if I really studied everything, but realistically I think Ill get a 6. I just want some sort of reply from any of my Uni's
Reply 1112
Original post by antantoon
Oh wow, good luck with it. Im officially fed up with my highers and IB in general, jsut 5 months until exams though :s seems so soon. I reckon I could get 7 in Bio HL if I really studied everything, but realistically I think Ill get a 6. I just want some sort of reply from any of my Uni's

know what you mean man, i have TOK presentation next weekend, EE, tests, IAs all due in by december. And the thing is it never stops :mad:
anyone applied for politics and east european studies? honestly with my grades (See below - i have to do a couple of resits for history and maths) do you think that i stand a chance? i didnt make much reference to the east European studies part in my personal statement and im really scared about that... :s
I'm thinking of applying to UCL but don't know if it's worth it :redface:

I have just withdrawn my deferred entry (which I got last year) because I think I chose the wrong course.

I'd really like to do Anthropology or Anthropology and Archeology, and I have AAB as my A Levels, is it worth it?

The Anthrop requirements are AAA-AAB and Anthrop and Arch are AAB, which I have, but I'm sure lots of other things are in consideration when they're thinking about giving you an offer :smile: And I hear UCL is really hard to get into, so I'm not feeling confident! :frown:

I just can't really afford to apply to a uni if it's most likely I won't get a place so...any advice? Should I? :biggrin:

:hippie:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1115
Original post by Rimbitshim
I'm thinking of applying to UCL but don't know if it's worth it :redface:

I have just withdrawn my deferred entry (which I got last year) because I think I chose the wrong course.

I'd really like to do Anthropology or Anthropology and Archeology, and I have AAB as my A Levels, is it worth it?

The Anthrop requirements are AAA-AAB and Anthrop and Arch are AAB, which I have, but I'm sure lots of other things are in consideration when they're thinking about giving you an offer :smile: And I hear UCL is really hard to get into, so I'm not feeling confident! :frown:

I just can't really afford to apply to a uni if it's most likely I won't get a place so...any advice? Should I? :biggrin:

:hippie:

If the course strongly appeals to you why not just go for it? After all, it's only one option out of five :dontknow: (I am, however, slightly unable to take my own advice, as I'm in the same position for English. I've come across lots of people on here that have MUCH better grades than me who've been rejected, so now I'm unsure :tongue:)
Reply 1116
I'm applying for Law (M100).
AS: aabb
A2: History, Economics, Mathematics, Accounting (don't knw my predicted grades)
anyone has any offer from UCL?
Original post by dylanandmid
Had an interview for masters in chemistry on Tuesday. Got a letter last night saying I am going to recieve an offer! Yay! Does anyone know how long this will be?

mine was 6 days after my interview, but the admissions tutor said up to 10 days :smile:
Reply 1118
Original post by Kaskade
is it not easier to do it this way? save many questions :biggrin:

Username: Kaskade
Course: LLB Law
GCSEs: 1A* 6A's 2B's 3C's
AS's: ABBB (History, RE, ICT, Psychology
Subjects continuing to A2: History, RE, ICT. Predicted A*AA.

I'm aiming high, but it's what I want! anyway relevant info is on there if you dont like format :P

Have you heard anything from LSE or any other uni?
Reply 1119
Maths with statistics rejection :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending