The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jing_jing
o__o I definately hope they don't interview then! Checked the website and they said they don't interview unless it's in exceptional circumstances so we should be alright. I'd like to visit though, I've not actually seen it.

They will probably invite you to some applicant open day which you might want to go to :biggrin:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by darkestskies
I'm really not sure... I've been looking at both of the syllabuses but I don't know yet! :s-smilie: I'll be talking things through with my teacher tomorrow; I'm sure he'll have an opinion. :tongue: How about you?

Im doing the DipLCM, which isnt that prestigious but is something i suppose
its in two weeks :O
Original post by LukethePianoMan
Im doing the DipLCM, which isnt that prestigious but is something i suppose
its in two weeks :O

Oh wow! :O Good luck! Yes, it absolutely is - pffft to prestige, a diploma in itself sounds bloody impressive. XD

(Also, a lot of love for your avatar! :biggrin:)
Original post by darkestskies
Oh wow! :O Good luck! Yes, it absolutely is - pffft to prestige, a diploma in itself sounds bloody impressive. XD

(Also, a lot of love for your avatar! :biggrin:)

Cheers, I love the Avatar, I want a poster of it in my room!)
Ye, the Diploma sounds cool to anyone who doesnt do music, and if I pass, which is unlikely, I get letters after my name and the right to wear a certain gown, which is good going when I am not even 18!
They will probably invite you to some applicant open day which you might want to go to :biggrin:

:p: Not if I get rejected! Still, not heard anything from them yet so I guess no news is good news!
Geography BA
Hild/Bede
Reply 1046
I just got confirmation from St Aidan's :smile:

Does anyone know anything about St Aidan's/are there now? I've never seen it/don't know much about it.
Original post by Jing_jing
:p: Not if I get rejected! Still, not heard anything from them yet so I guess no news is good news!

ye ok, if u say so!
Though no news is not always good news, for youth enterprise we are doing an X Factor style show, and are only going to let the successful auditionees their outcome, a bit mean, but we don't want to tell them t their facesm, it will upset them!
u should get a place though
Original post by Hnk2401

Does anyone know anything about St Aidan's/are there now? I've never seen it/don't know much about it.

Nice!

Did they send an email?
Reply 1049
Original post by adam0311
Nice!

Did they send an email?

Nah I got a letter in the post :smile:
Did you also apply there ?
ahhh!! just got an offer for biomed!! aes still says at department... mmm??!
Cheers, I love the Avatar, I want a poster of it in my room!)
Ye, the Diploma sounds cool to anyone who doesnt do music, and if I pass, which is unlikely, I get letters after my name and the right to wear a certain gown, which is good going when I am not even 18!

(It is some seriously beautiful album artwork! Gotta love Muse.)

Absolutely! The letters-after-name bit especially makes the prospect/suggestion of doing a diploma instantly awesome, I've found. :biggrin: What pieces are you playing for it?
theology at van mildert.... haven't heard anything yet!
Original post by Hnk2401
Nah I got a letter in the post :smile:
Did you also apply there ?

Ahh really? It could be awhile for me then since it will have to get to the US. Mail usually takes 5-7 days. No, I applied for castle.

On your AES, if you go to links, does your college come up under the college section or does it just say "Successful applicants will receive confirmation of their college via UCAS track/"
Reply 1054
Ahh really? It could be awhile for me then since it will have to get to the US. Mail usually takes 5-7 days. No, I applied for castle.

On your AES, if you go to links, does your college come up under the college section or does it just say "Successful applicants will receive confirmation of their college via UCAS track/"

Ah right that's kl.
Yea I just checked: it says St Aidan's :smile: So you'll probably be able to find out there before the post arrives!

Which course did you apply for?
Original post by Hnk2401
Ah right that's kl.
Yea I just checked: it says St Aidan's :smile: So you'll probably be able to find out there before the post arrives!

Which course did you apply for?

Alright I'm really hoping then because University College showed up under there last night:colondollar:. I've applied for law, how about you?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1056
Alright I'm really hoping then because University College showed up under there last night:colondollar:. I've applied for law, how about you?

Geography :smile:
Looks good then!
Alright I'm really hoping then because University College showed up under there last night:colondollar:.

I am really hoping this means we're in!!! Agh do you think ucas will update, or we'll get an email or letter or what?? I'm so anxious! =P
Original post by Hnk2401

Congrats! Were you updated via track?

Edit: Sorry I meant I had read you got a letter but was wondering if track updated to let you know as well =P
(edited 13 years ago)
Mine says St Cuthbert's but no actual confirmation yets :smile:

Latest