The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by isrox08
No, you're not doomed! You don't know your score yet!
It was specifically due to my LNAT. This is what they said:
"Regrettably, your performance in the LNAT does not meet the required level for further consideration of your application".

To be honest I thought my LNAT went horrifically so I am still shocked that Birmingham accepted me, but from what I have gathered from TSR they don't require as high of a score. I sent my UCAS on 12th October. I am actually relieved I got rejected from UCL... in a wierd way! I have heard from all 5 of my choices now. 4/5 offers isn't bad so just gotta get AAA!

I sat my LNAT on October 26th. Good Luck! Remember the LNAT is only one part of your application!

(I know this should be on the discussion but i'll put it here quickly)

Hmm.... If your LNAT went terribly (or so you say) that makes me feel a little better. Hopefully my offer will come through this week. :smile:
Reply 241
[QUOTE="Fer'Flo'Fly;28533037"]
Original post by isrox08
No, you're not doomed! You don't know your score yet!
It was specifically due to my LNAT. This is what they said:
"Regrettably, your performance in the LNAT does not meet the required level for further consideration of your application".

To be honest I thought my LNAT went horrifically so I am still shocked that Birmingham accepted me, but from what I have gathered from TSR they don't require as high of a score. I sent my UCAS on 12th October. I am actually relieved I got rejected from UCL... in a wierd way! I have heard from all 5 of my choices now. 4/5 offers isn't bad so just gotta get AAA!

woww welldone..which 4?
i sat my LNAT on the 16th of October i think, i didnt know UCL had a cut off mark :s-smilie:

Are you just a regular applicant? As in not a reapplicant? Maybe reapplicants are given offers later... haha! well done on your offer :smile:
Reply 242
Offer from Exeter!
AAB
sent it on the 4th, got it yesterday
and an offer from Northumbria, ABB, recieved last week :smile:
Course: LLB Law with International Studies
University: Surrey
Offer: ABB

UCAS Application sent: 11th November
Offer Received: 12th November (I'm shocked too)
Original post by chantelligent
Why not do IB instead then?

Mate, I'm from a local comprehensive and we don't even offer too many A-Levels let alone IB!
Original post by aarora

Original post by aarora
wow Warwick offered you AAB? What are your prredicted grades?

4As I think. Or A*AAA
Not sure because some teachers didnt tell me.
But yeah, even I was surprised when I saw a B in my offer. Must have lucked out somehow. (or maybe because i'm an int. student...I dont really know)
Original post by ufochaffeuress
Mate, I'm from a local comprehensive and we don't even offer too many A-Levels let alone IB!

If your local comprehensive doesn't offer too many A-levels how on earth are you managing to do 10 "worthwhile" ones.
Reply 247
Original post by pepperpocky
4As I think. Or A*AAA
Not sure because some teachers didnt tell me.
But yeah, even I was surprised when I saw a B in my offer. Must have lucked out somehow. (or maybe because i'm an int. student...I dont really know)

Wow anyway yeah your really lucky you wouldn't expect Warwick to offer B's but well done and good luck :smile:
If your local comprehensive doesn't offer too many A-levels how on earth are you managing to do 10 "worthwhile" ones.

At my school, I study 7 subjects; Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Geography and Music. I independently study Chinese, Sociology and Critical Thinkinh at home with a study guide.
Course: LLB Law
University: UEA
Offer: AAB
UCAS Application sent: 9th November
Offer Received: 17th November

Quite relieved! I have somewhere to go! :biggrin:
Reply 250
Offer from cardiff
conditional-AAA or AABB
ucass sent- 01/11/10
offer recived 17/11/10

First offer! :smile:
Interview from UCL!!!!!
December 15th wooooo
Interview from UCL!!!!!
December 15th wooooo

hi can i ask when you sent your ucas off, pridicted grades and did you already do the LNAT,
it's just i applied to UCL 2 weeks ago got offers from cardiff and reading and my LNAT is in december
Reply 253

Interview from UCL!!!!!
December 15th wooooo

Interview? I didn't know they interviewed for law!
Reply 254
York Law Unconditional.

Now, I know I'm off to uni :wink:
Reply 255
Original post by JH-QC
Interview? I didn't know they interviewed for law!

If it's like last year, they only typically interview borderline and mature candidates for Law.

They do routinely interview Law and a language applicants though to ensure they're at a decent standard of the language they've applied for.
Reply 256
Got two offers back so far, from Sussex (AAB or A*BB) and LSE(A*AA).
I've got an interview for Cambridge next week and I'm really stressed! Anyone know of any likely questions???
Course: Law with French
University: Leicester
Offer: AAA
LLB Law
Surrey! woo can't wait guys :smile:
Reply 259
Original post by Emilykk1
Got two offers back so far, from Sussex (AAB or A*BB) and LSE(A*AA).
I've got an interview for Cambridge next week and I'm really stressed! Anyone know of any likely questions???

What is your name?
Why Law?
Why Cambridge?

Apart from that, no-one will be able to say much, you'll have to wing it.

Latest

Trending

Trending