The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FamousFourTops
Hey, I've applied to UCL for Anthropology, and my As grades are so appalling that I doubt I'll get in. But I applied anyway, because you never know! If you don't apply you will always wonder if you could have made it and regret it, so why not go for it? :smile: Good luck!

you think yours are bad!

I agree though apply anyway. M school is so against the idea of me applying because I have the ABB for my course and not higher. I know I won't get in but you never know take the risk!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 1121
Original post by yilyn
Have you heard anything from LSE or any other uni?

Got an offer from Liverpool but that's it :smile: Heard tha people have been rejected from both UCL and LSE for Law already, but I haven't done the LNAT so UCL or kings cant really do anything till that's done! How about you?
Original post by FamousFourTops
Hey, I've applied to UCL for Anthropology, and my As grades are so appalling that I doubt I'll get in. But I applied anyway, because you never know! If you don't apply you will always wonder if you could have made it and regret it, so why not go for it? :smile: Good luck!

Thank you, I'll do it! :biggrin:

Then we're in it together, yeah? :biggrin:

Good luck to you too! Have you sent your application off? :smile:

I'm really late with it all now I've decided to reapply :redface:
Reply 1123
Original post by mir3a
Maths with statistics rejection :frown:

Woow how did you not get in with those grades! Guess my AAAA predictions wont be good enough then : /
Reply 1124
Original post by mashman9
Woow how did you not get in with those grades! Guess my AAAA predictions wont be good enough then : /

I'm really shocked! Ill email them and ask them what it was which made them reject me. What are you applying for?
Reply 1125
Your personal statement .....

So sorry for you ... i haven't send off my application yet >< (maybe next week !)
(edited 13 years ago)
L101 rejection!
Original post by mir3a
Maths with statistics rejection :frown:

Original post by georgiemuc
L101 rejection!

Sorry to hear that :frown:...
Anyone heard anything from Geography at all? The wait is killing me!
Reply 1129
Original post by Kaskade
Got an offer from Liverpool but that's it :smile: Heard tha people have been rejected from both UCL and LSE for Law already, but I haven't done the LNAT so UCL or kings cant really do anything till that's done! How about you?

I've submitted my application through college and yet to receive the welcome letter from UCAS so I guess my college is still processing the reference. A few of my friends applying for Oxbridge started to receive their offers from Reading, Warwick, Exeter, Cardiff and Oxford Brookes.

Haven't done my LNAT yet too so UCL won't be able to do anything even if they have my application. :wink:

Applied to LSE, Nott, QMUL and Cardiff too. :biggrin:
Reply 1130
Original post by mir3a
I'm really shocked! Ill email them and ask them what it was which made them reject me. What are you applying for?

yeh do, they must have a pretty good reason. Ive applied for MMATH at ucl, kings, nottingham (offer) exeter (offer) and surrey (interview) ucl was a shot in the dark really, expecting rejection. how about you? :smile:
Reply 1131
Original post by mashman9
yeh do, they must have a pretty good reason. Ive applied for MMATH at ucl, kings, nottingham (offer) exeter (offer) and surrey (interview) ucl was a shot in the dark really, expecting rejection. how about you? :smile:

dont expect a rejection, think positive! ive applied to Imperial(pending), UCL(rejection), LSE(pending), Queen Mary(pending), Royal Holloway(informal interview). I guess if UCL rejected me, what are the chances of Imperial or LSE accepting me lol =/
Reply 1132
Original post by georgiemuc
L101 rejection!

sorry to hear! I know how you feel, just got rejected too for maths =/
Original post by mir3a
dont expect a rejection, think positive! ive applied to Imperial(pending), UCL(rejection), LSE(pending), Queen Mary(pending), Royal Holloway(informal interview). I guess if UCL rejected me, what are the chances of Imperial or LSE accepting me lol =/

If you don't mind me asking; What were your module scores?
Reply 1134
Original post by Ultimate1
If you don't mind me asking; What were your module scores?

in which subjects?
Original post by mir3a
in which subjects?

In MAths/Further Math.
Reply 1136
In MAths/Further Math.

c1-100
c2-96
s1-89
FP1-100
s2-92
m1-88
Original post by mir3a
c1-100
c2-96
s1-89
FP1-100
s2-92
m1-88

Are you sure they haven't rejected you by accident? Those are excellent UMS. Did you send your UMS to them?
Reply 1138
Are you sure they haven't rejected you by accident? Those are excellent UMS. Did you send your UMS to them?

yes i sent them my UMS scores. I shall ring them tomorrow and send them an e-mail tonight. Right now, I am really pissed off about the whole thing, and want to cause havoc lol
Original post by mir3a
yes i sent them my UMS scores. I shall ring them tomorrow and send them an e-mail tonight. Right now, I am really pissed off about the whole thing, and want to cause havoc lol

Yh, if you got rejected with that, then wow I'd reckon most people don't have a chance. What were your GCSE grades?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending