The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary 2011 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
I'm applying for English and Drama, and I have my interview in... 3 hours :smile:.
I applied last year but just missed out on my English grade, so I'm reapplying.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 321
I am applying for Law 2011 entry.
AS: aabb (b in History and Economics)
continuing all 4 subjects in A2.
Anyone got an offer/rejection for business management??
I've only got an acknowledgement!
'provisional offer' + invite to open day from QMUL for History! :woo:
Re: The Law Faculty Open Day today, did I miss anything important about the admissions process? There was an accident on the underground so I turned up about 15 minutes late. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't appear to mention anything about offers etc, because everyone seemed to be under the impression that an invitation to the Law open day constituted an offer. Any ideas?
Original post by LornaSandison1
Re: The Law Faculty Open Day today, did I miss anything important about the admissions process? There was an accident on the underground so I turned up about 15 minutes late. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't appear to mention anything about offers etc, because everyone seemed to be under the impression that an invitation to the Law open day constituted an offer. Any ideas?

It does! We asked the admissions tutor later and he said everyone who was invited received an offer! (or should do in 10 days' time)
They didn't really talk about admissions, they just had societies' representatives talk about the things they do, so you didn't miss anything!
Original post by trude.kiho
It does! We asked the admissions tutor later and he said everyone who was invited received an offer! (or should do in 10 days' time)
They didn't really talk about admissions, they just had societies' representatives talk about the things they do, so you didn't miss anything!

I'm relieved now! So we will receive one in exactly 10 days' time, or by 10 days' time?
I was there for all the societies' representatives talks, although I have to admit I was struggling to keep awake towards the end (that could have been due to the effects of my Espresso wearing off though!!).
I'm relieved now! So we will receive one in exactly 10 days' time, or by 10 days' time?
I was there for all the societies' representatives talks, although I have to admit I was struggling to keep awake towards the end (that could have been due to the effects of my Espresso wearing off though!!).

Well, what he said is that if it doesn't come through within the next 10 days, just call him and get him to sort it out with UCAS. The only reason we haven't received them now is because UCAS is taking its friggin time processing it.
Well, what he said is that if it doesn't come through within the next 10 days, just call him and get him to sort it out with UCAS. The only reason we haven't received them now is because UCAS is taking its friggin time processing it.

Is that Jake? And nice one UCAS - don't they realise what stress they put students through by being so darn slow!?
Is that Jake? And nice one UCAS - don't they realise what stress they put students through by being so darn slow!?

Lol, yess, Jake. (I just realised, his initials are "J.D." Aaaaaaah, duuuuuude..)
All they actually talked about in the beginning was the structure of the course. Then came the society representatives. (My main worry during the speeches was that the whole row of chairs seemed to wobble. I was pretty sure I was going to die then.) :erm:
Original post by Olivia_Lightbulb
'provisional offer' + invite to open day from QMUL for History! :woo:

awwwhh me too! 8th of december, right?
i'm so excited, i can't wait to go.
Reply 331
Hey, everyone. :o:

So sorry I've been neglecting this thread...don't hate me. :o:

Do people want to be added to the OP or just use this as a discussion thread?

Also, who got e-mails from which teams? :biggrin:
Is there actually a rejection team like I've been hearing? :s-smilie:

Also, I wasn't invited to the open day (sent my UCAS off following the day that people received their invitations, maybe that's why...? I also don't live on the continent.) should I be worried?

How is everyone? :smile:
Lol, yess, Jake. (I just realised, his initials are "J.D." Aaaaaaah, duuuuuude..)
All they actually talked about in the beginning was the structure of the course. Then came the society representatives. (My main worry during the speeches was that the whole row of chairs seemed to wobble. I was pretty sure I was going to die then.) :erm:

Oh, I noticed that too!! I was sat on the far right row at the back. I thought it was because the guy behind has his foot on my chair, but I guess the whole room was moving! :eek: That's strange.
Original post by snowshine
Hey, everyone. :o:

So sorry I've been neglecting this thread...don't hate me. :o:

Do people want to be added to the OP or just use this as a discussion thread?

Also, who got e-mails from which teams? :biggrin:
Is there actually a rejection team like I've been hearing? :s-smilie:

Also, I wasn't invited to the open day (sent my UCAS off following the day that people received their invitations, maybe that's why...? I also don't live on the continent.) should I be worried?

How is everyone? :smile:

Don't worry, they have lots of these open days throughout the year, depending on what time you applied. :smile:
Reply 334
Applied for V101 History and got a sort-of offer today. Anyone else headed to the Open Day on the 8th of December? I'm really happy, Queen Mary's course is amazing and I like the area the university, despite what loads of people seem to think about it!
Reply 335
Just got invited for a visit day for Maths on the 24th November!
reckon that the invite=offer is for every department?
Reply 336

Don't worry, they have lots of these open days throughout the year, depending on what time you applied. :smile:

Oh, okay, thanks so much. :smile:
Reply 337
Original post by LadyLondoner

I got an offer for Business Management sometime last week :smile:
Reply 338
Original post by LadyLondoner

no news is good news! If they definitely didn't want you, they would have rejected you by now!
psychology offers anyone?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending