The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Going to see it tomorrow after uni :smile: 8 oclock showing :biggrin:
Reply 321
Original post by green chica
haha! whenever that happens i tell them really loudly to be quite. usually they become embarrassed and stfu.

I do the same, I don't mine people asking to pass popcorn or whatever but whats the point in coming to the cinemas and then having a full on conversation...
Original post by XxCBxX
I do the same, I don't mine people asking to pass popcorn or whatever but whats the point in coming to the cinemas and then having a full on conversation...

exactly! when i went to see the third harry potter, i went with a group of friends, and none of them were really that big of fans of the series. two of the girls in the group sitting to the right of me wouldn't shut up if their life depended on it. i kept telling them to shut it, but my one friend said our other friend was explaining the movie to her. i told her to just watch the movie and it would explain itself to herself. lesson learned: friends don't take you seriously when you tell them to be quite in the theater. just go with one or two other die-hard fans in order to make sure they aren't yacking away the entire movie.
Original post by sandys1000
Sorry, I was saying that I couldn't watch it online because it would ruin the cinematic experience for me.

Ohhh I see. Actually, I watched it in the cinema. (I live in Singapore so perhaps the release dates/time are different? :tongue:) I never watch movies online.. the quality sucks and it's just not right...
It was released in Germany yesterday, most of my friends when to see it. I'm going on Saturday.
I can't believe it's been released in other places BEFORE in the UK...after all J.K. Rowling is BRITISH, it's set in SCOTLAND...

Not impressed :noway:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by greeneyedgirl
I can't believe it's been released in other places BEFORE in the UK...after all J.K. Rowling is BRITISH, it's set in SCOTLAND...

Agreed.
I wsent to see it last night (it is released earlier in Germany...).

My favourite film yet! SO funny! And it was actually really true to the book (which I liked). I thought all the actors were pretty good- especially Helena Bonham Carter. The animation of the snake made me scream a bit, though :tongue:
Going to see it Saturday evening! So excited :biggrin:
Just booked my VIP seats for tomorrow :biggrin:
VIP is all that was left...pfft
My mums letting me take my sister out of school early to see it :p:
I'm going to see it tonight!! I'm that excited I might just wee.
Original post by Interpretation
Ohhh I see. Actually, I watched it in the cinema. (I live in Singapore so perhaps the release dates/time are different? :tongue:) I never watch movies online.. the quality sucks and it's just not right...

Lucky sod :smile:

Completely agree. So jealous :unimpressed:
Going to the cinema to see it but have seen the leaked 35 mins which my friend got and it's not looking good, just in that time they miss too much out and change too many things. I'm suspecting another disaster like Half Blood Prince tbh. Oh look the films called the half blood prince, I know lets not even mention the half blood prince except for two minutes, we can also miss out a number of major parts. Yeah because that's a good idea....

RIP Harry Potter.
Original post by theronkinator
Going to the cinema to see it but have seen the leaked 35 mins which my friend got and it's not looking good, just in that time they miss too much out and change too many things. I'm suspecting another disaster like Half Blood Prince tbh. Oh look the films called the half blood prince, I know lets not even mention the half blood prince except for two minutes, we can also miss out a number of major parts. Yeah because that's a good idea....

RIP Harry Potter.

99% of the reason I go to see the films is to complain about how **** they were and to pick up on things such as changed lines, wrong positionings (as well as the major differences...I mean honestly, when was the Burrow in a corn field let alone burnt down? where was the battle scene? where was the FUNERAL?)...

Plus I'm interested into how they are going to get round issues in this film, no S.P.E.W. has been mentioned in the films (issues when Hermione talks about it to Griphook), no mirror was given by Sirius (how will they escape from Malfoy Manner?), there has been nothing about how badly Sirius treated Kreacher (so how can Hermione point this out to Harry to show he has to treat Kreacher nicely to gain respect?)...
Reply 334
exactly! when i went to see the third harry potter, i went with a group of friends, and none of them were really that big of fans of the series. two of the girls in the group sitting to the right of me wouldn't shut up if their life depended on it. i kept telling them to shut it, but my one friend said our other friend was explaining the movie to her. i told her to just watch the movie and it would explain itself to herself. lesson learned: friends don't take you seriously when you tell them to be quite in the theater. just go with one or two other die-hard fans in order to make sure they aren't yacking away the entire movie.

Yeah I'm the same :smile:

99% of the reason I go to see the films is to complain about how **** they were and to pick up on things such as changed lines, wrong positionings (as well as the major differences...I mean honestly, when was the Burrow in a corn field let alone burnt down? where was the battle scene? where was the FUNERAL?)...

Plus I'm interested into how they are going to get round issues in this film, no S.P.E.W. has been mentioned in the films (issues when Hermione talks about it to Griphook), no mirror was given by Sirius (how will they escape from Malfoy Manner?), there has been nothing about how badly Sirius treated Kreacher (so how can Hermione point this out to Harry to show he has to treat Kreacher nicely to gain respect?)...

That's true. It just makes me laugh how JK had to tell them not to write Kreacher out altogether (in ootp) as that's what they were planning on doing :mmm:

I'm going to see it tomorrow :woo:
ridiculously excited to see this tomorrow :wizard::wizard:...

That must have been so annoying. If someone does that tomorrow night I will murder them :tongue: I suppose I'm lucky that my friends are all HP fanatics :smile:
Tomorrow after uni :woo:

I reckon I'm going to be rather scared of "Old Dusty" at Grimmauld Place...eek!
Saw it today at the staff showing where I work, it's very good and stays true to the book for the most part, despite some of the obvious omissions as mentioned by xXxBaby-BooxXx. I enjoyed it.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest