Drama School/University Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Applied to:

Bristol
Surrey
UEA
Exeter
Queen Mary

has anyone else applied to these Unis?... Has anyone got any offers or auditions/interviews for wherever they've applied - (UCAS track has become my life!)

UEA were the only one who came right out and said - yes we will audition, all the others just referred to it as an 'interview'... I know there are only 16 places at UEA, 30 for Bristol and QM and around 20 for Surrey... that's not many :eek:...
fingers crossed for everyone :smile:
Original post by kittenwithawhip
Applied to:

Bristol
Surrey
UEA
Exeter
Queen Mary

has anyone else applied to these Unis?... Has anyone got any offers or auditions/interviews for wherever they've applied - (UCAS track has become my life!)

UEA were the only one who came right out and said - yes we will audition, all the others just referred to it as an 'interview'... I know there are only 16 places at UEA, 30 for Bristol and QM and around 20 for Surrey... that's not many :eek:...

If you have any questions about Queen Mary, just let me know. I've studied there for my BA and I'm now an MA student there. I can confirm that there is no audition at QMUL. It doesn't matter if you can act or not - it is not that type of course.
also, CSSD applicants, please take note that the BA Hons Acting: Acting for Stage and Screen has changed its name to BA Hons Acting: Acting

yeah, I know it's retarded and I have no real idea why they changed it, but there you go.
Reply 23
Original post by FluffyLion
Where do everyone's interests lie with drama/theatre? What sort of experience do people have (such as performing etc)?

Stage Management and I have experience from school productions concerts etc. Also from shadowing stage managers in fringe theatres and West End productions.

(is this what you meant?)
Original post by TaffyBexx
Stage Management and I have experience from school productions concerts etc. Also from shadowing stage managers in fringe theatres and West End productions.

(is this what you meant?)

Yes, exactly! :smile:
I have an offer from Loughborough! So excited :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by allaboutdrama
I have an offer from Loughborough! So excited :smile:

Congrats!! :smile:
Original post by luke2008
I'm at Birmingham School Of Acting...so If anyone has any questions they want to ask about it I'm happy to help

Hey!
I was wondering, does the BA involve much dance? It says that there's a module in 'Physical Skills', I wondered if this incorporated any dance? Oh and do you get any one-to-one singing lessons? Thanks :biggrin:
Original post by EclipseHorse
Still contemplating applying to GSA for Production skills, Just doubtful i'd get in.

Well you definitely won't get in if you don't apply......... Never try, never know!
Reply 29
Who else is applying for Central's BA acting?
Its beautiful.

Wish it wasn't so prestigious! x
Original post by Mr. Mortell
If you have any questions about Queen Mary, just let me know. I've studied there for my BA and I'm now an MA student there. I can confirm that there is no audition at QMUL. It doesn't matter if you can act or not - it is not that type of course.

:O no audition???
this is for the Drama Ba right? :O I have applied there

please tell me more about the course lol?

Original post by Thugnificent.
:O no audition???
this is for the Drama Ba right? :O I have applied there

please tell me more about the course lol?

Yeah. On your interview day you will have a workshop, which is unassessed.

The course is a theory course. This is not to say that you will not undertake practical work, but you should understand that the practical work is a means to an end, and not the end in itself. You will not ever be taught how to act/perform at Queen Mary. It is not that type of course. You may, of course, experiment with the performance styles of a particular practitioner or performance group. For example, in my 3rd year I took a course called "Adaptations" in which we created an adaptation of 'Tis Pity She's a Whore in the style of the Wooster Group.

More than this, the QM Drama department is, in many aspects, a "Performance Studies" department. Which means that your definition of performance will be expanded. In the simplist way you will study things like Live/Performance Art and Happenings. But this expands further to Tourism, Culture, Anthropology.

For a good description of the course read this: http://www.drama.qmul.ac.uk/Undergraduate/index.html

If you have any more specific questions, just ask.
Original post by katie_apple
Well you definitely won't get in if you don't apply......... Never try, never know!

Definitely applying now, just out of crewing an amateur musical and theres a massive gap in my life. Off the the Yvonne Arnaud for a week tomorrow so shall take my forms dierct to GSA :smile:
So im applying for Technical Production Arts / Variations on a theme.. :P

RSAMD - Technical Production Arts
RADA - Technical Theatre and Stage Management
RWCMD - Stage Management
Guildhall - Technical Theatre
Applied to:

Bristol
Surrey
UEA
Exeter
Queen Mary

Have and interview offer for Exeter!... 2 day workshop - can't wait!.. 1 down 4 to go! :biggrin:
Have and interview offer for Exeter!... 2 day workshop - can't wait!.. 1 down 4 to go! :biggrin:

ahhh well done so do i! when is yours?
Original post by Jez_the_cheetah
So im applying for Technical Production Arts / Variations on a theme.. :P

RSAMD - Technical Production Arts
RADA - Technical Theatre and Stage Management
RWCMD - Stage Management
Guildhall - Technical Theatre

good choice any questions or queries on rwcmd I will try and help as im there at the moment =]
Reply 37
Yaay I got an interview at CSSD!!! so excited :biggrin:
Also got one at ALRA :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by TaffyBexx
Yaay I got an interview at CSSD!!! so excited :biggrin:
Also got one at ALRA :smile:

Awesome! Good luck!
Reply 39
Does anyone know roughly any statistics on how many applicants get invited to audition vs. those who don't make it past the application stage? I know some schools/unis invite everyone who qualifies to attend to an audition, but not all do and I was just curious about the statistics :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest