The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by katieb1
Ive applied for History and Im still waiting! Im predicted A*AA and have offers from Southampton, Cardiff and Nottingham but Im just waiting for Bristol and Exeter!
:s-smilie:
Have many people heard from the History Dep.? The wait is killing me!

I'm predicted the same as you, am applying for History and haven't had an offer from Bristol either! (I think they hold on until January usually????) .. :huff:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Just got an Unconditional Offer for Engineering Mathematics!!
Reply 262
economics.

got an email saying i won't know until january-ish :/
Original post by emilyanne2010
Just got an Unconditional Offer for Engineering Mathematics!!

I attended an interviewed today. I was in group B. So how long after your interview did you get your offer? I see in your profile that you've already got your A-levels, which explains the unconditional offer. Anyway congratulations!:wink:
Original post by Salt&Vinegar
I attended an interviewed today. I was in group B. So how long after your interview did you get your offer? I see in your profile that you've already got your A-levels, which explains the unconditional offer. Anyway congratulations!:wink:

I was in group A and i was told in my interview that he wasnt supposed to tell me but that they would be giving me an offer. and we would reiceve letters in the next 3 days.
good luck! i am sure you got one too!
Reply 265
Original post by sentiment
I just got rejected for Politics with A*A*A already achieved...whuuuuut?!

sorry to hear that but dont be too worried about your application. From hearing previous experiances I get the impression bristol sometimes reject candidates who are likely to go somewhere else other than bristol, if you get what i mean. ie not firm bristol. Also did you go to a private school?
I'm applying for Physics with Astrophysics and I just got a letter inviting me to an Open Day in December as they INTENDED to make me an offer.

If I don't attend will they change their minds? That is my mock exam week at school and I'm already missing one day for an interview at UCL.
I could change the date of the open day but i'm worried they might think I'm flaky or I don't care as much and I know my school will let me take me mock exam another day.

Do you think I should just go in December to ensure I get a solid offer?

Thankss
Reply 267
Original post by theths
economics.

got an email saying i won't know until january-ish :/

I'm applying for economics and accounting, but my acknowledgement email didnt say that. I guess it must be slightly different.
Reply 268
Original post by Wezzler
I'm applying for economics and accounting, but my acknowledgement email didnt say that. I guess it must be slightly different.

yahh, i imagine economics would have a few more applicants
Reply 269
Original post by Wezzler
sorry to hear that but dont be too worried about your application. From hearing previous experiances I get the impression bristol sometimes reject candidates who are likely to go somewhere else other than bristol, if you get what i mean. ie not firm bristol. Also did you go to a private school?

No, I went to a pretty good sixth form college but to a below-average comprehensive before hand. I'm wondering if they rejected mme based on my GCSEs which were okay but not great, or my AS grades, which were also okay but not great (though that seems silly when you've surpassed them at A2). Thanks for your reply though :smile: hopefully I wouldn't have firmed them!
Reply 270
I think in general no news is good news with Bristol... last year there were loads of people at my school who were rejected within a month of sending their application; the ones who had to wait 3 - 6 months for a reply were the ones who had offers.
Reply 271
Original post by hayley22
I think in general no news is good news with Bristol... last year there were loads of people at my school who were rejected within a month of sending their application; the ones who had to wait 3 - 6 months for a reply were the ones who had offers.

Oh, great! So now it's been a month and I've heard nothing, I'm in the clear? Sweet!

(Inb4 rejection this afternoon)
Reply 272
Original post by Muffinz
Oh, great! So now it's been a month and I've heard nothing, I'm in the clear? Sweet!

(Inb4 rejection this afternoon)

Ohh I hope so! :smile: Haha I wish that were the case 100% of the time... just an observation from last year. Good luck - is the waiting killing you?
Reply 273
Original post by hayley22
Ohh I hope so! :smile: Haha I wish that were the case 100% of the time... just an observation from last year. Good luck - is the waiting killing you?

Yeah lol I remember last year, one of my friends applied to Bristol before the Oxford deadline and got rejected in December. I can dream, though!

I don't like the waiting, no. I'm just trying to keep myself occupied.
Reply 274
I've got a seconde acknowledgemet from bristol. They said that I should expect to hear from them after the ucas dead line.

'I wanted to take this opportunity to tell you a little bit about our admissions process. We will be assessing your application shortly. However, in order to be fair to all our applicants, we will be making the majority of our offers after the UCAS application deadline, 15 January 2011. So please expect to hear from us by the beginning of February.'

I'm applying for math. is this a good sign or a bad one?
Original post by RADWAN
I've got a seconde acknowledgemet from bristol. They said that I should expect to hear from them after the ucas dead line.

'I wanted to take this opportunity to tell you a little bit about our admissions process. We will be assessing your application shortly. However, in order to be fair to all our applicants, we will be making the majority of our offers after the UCAS application deadline, 15 January 2011. So please expect to hear from us by the beginning of February.'

I'm applying for math. is this a good sign or a bad one?

I got a similar email. I would say it's a good sign. If you're definitely not what they're looking for then they'll reject you. So atleast you're not in that camp.
Reply 276
Original post by theths
yahh, i imagine economics would have a few more applicants

Economics is 47-1. In related news, I got an A*AA offer today for it!
Conditional offer for Law AAB! International applicant. :smile:

They sent me an email about having to wait until Jan too, don't worry too much about it!
Reply 278
Original post by Mdawg
Economics is 47-1. In related news, I got an A*AA offer today for it!

ahh, congratulationsss :biggrin:

also, i swear you were in the cambridge thread?! or is that just my imagination. where else have you applied?

also, for my peace of mind, are you international?
Reply 279
Original post by theths
ahh, congratulationsss :biggrin:

also, i swear you were in the cambridge thread?! or is that just my imagination. where else have you applied?

also, for my peace of mind, are you international?

Yes, Cambridge Jesus college. No I'm domestic, state school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending