The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary 2011 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Meron
I just had a short interview at Qmul for Msci physics.

Who was your interviewer, and how did it go? I had one yesterday!
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 361
i have an interview for Geography on the 1st of December, has anyone got any advice?
Reply 362
just received an offer for maths with statistics! got called for the open day on the 24th too :biggrin:
Just had an english interview yesterday. My interviewer (the nicest woman in the world - Shahidha Bari) said that she would pass on positive feedback to admissions, so I'm just wondering if anyone knows when we should get news from that front? Is anyone else in this boat?
Reply 364
Received an offer for economics. Really happy!!
Original post by hendershott
Just had an english interview yesterday. My interviewer (the nicest woman in the world - Shahidha Bari) said that she would pass on positive feedback to admissions, so I'm just wondering if anyone knows when we should get news from that front? Is anyone else in this boat?

I was there yesterday. Everyone I spoke to told me how easy and friendly their interview was. I got the interviewer who asked me about books I'd never read by authors I'd never heard of. He asked me some pretty deep questions about literature and I absolutely fell apart. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be seeing you there next year but hope we hear back soon. I've been told it should be about a week.
Original post by *Zep
Hey :smile:
How did you find the interview?

I think I'm the only one who found it horrific. Where you there?
Reply 367
Original post by Alexandra289
I think I'm the only one who found it horrific. Where you there?

Yes I was, an noooo you weren't! I think mine went terribly
Original post by *Zep
Yes I was, an noooo you weren't! I think mine went terribly

Who interviewed you? Everyone else said there's was really easy and friendly then I had an interviewer who really grilled me and I fell to pieces.

Sorry yours went badly too but I have to admit, I'm glad not everyone thought it was super easy! Bit more reassuring :smile:

Let me know when you get a reply! Good luck! x
Who interviewed you? Everyone else said there's was really easy and friendly then I had an interviewer who really grilled me and I fell to pieces.

Sorry yours went badly too but I have to admit, I'm glad not everyone thought it was super easy! Bit more reassuring :smile:

Don't worry, though the field be lost, all is not lost. Okay, loose quoting there, but there is a point to this. Some interviews seem to go badly, but turn out well! For example, this girl who left last year (I think she went to Birmingham in the end) was telling me about the most horrible man in the world who really tried to make it an awful and uncomfortable experience. But she tried her best to respond and ended up getting in. I'm sure that your interviewer was testing how you work under pressure or trying to get you out of your comfort zone/prevent planned answers. I'm sure it was better than you though!
Original post by hendershott
Don't worry, though the field be lost, all is not lost. Okay, loose quoting there, but there is a point to this. Some interviews seem to go badly, but turn out well! For example, this girl who left last year (I think she went to Birmingham in the end) was telling me about the most horrible man in the world who really tried to make it an awful and uncomfortable experience. But she tried her best to respond and ended up getting in. I'm sure that your interviewer was testing how you work under pressure or trying to get you out of your comfort zone/prevent planned answers. I'm sure it was better than you though!

Thank you for giving me some hope - although it's easier to assume I won't get in so I won't be disapointed. At least I answered every question even if it was utter bull coming out my mouth!
Reply 371
Original post by LadyLondoner
I've applied to kings, queen Mary, Surrey (offer), royal holloway and Brunel (offer) :smile:
what about you?

I have applied to lse, kings, ucl, city and queen mary. Hopefully things will be ok with other universities...
I had my English interview on the 17th as well. I was *so* nervous, and obviously so, haha. my interviewer was a guy called Bill Schwarz. Did any one else get Bill? How'd he come across? I can't tell how well I did; I'm having mixed feelings about the whole thing! Eek.
Reply 373

I cant remember his name! o.o i think I blocked that out, after because I was so upset. What about you?
Yes that's how it was for me too :frown: . But Good luck to you too! :smile: x
Reply 374
Guys - quick question:

Do universities make rejections sooner than they make offers? Like, if they're making us wait so long is it more likely to be an offer?

Ugh I hate waiting!

Congratulations to everyone with offers!
Reply 375
I've also been invited to the Maths Visit Day on Weds 24th Nov :smile::smile: In the e-mail, the lady put "We have either already made you an offer or, if not, we expect to do so in the near future" -- I haven't got an offer yet, but does this mean they're going to give me one? :smile::smile: xxxxx
Reply 376
Original post by niddlez
Guys - quick question:

Do universities make rejections sooner than they make offers? Like, if they're making us wait so long is it more likely to be an offer?

Ugh I hate waiting!

Congratulations to everyone with offers!

As soon as they've made a decision, they'll let you know. They probably haven't processed your application yet so haven't decided. No news is good news atm, because if they've looked at your application, and don't want to make an offer.. they wouldn't make you wait unnecessarily. I think/heard/hope.
Original post by SayNoMore
Nope havent visited the university at all!..it was a last minute choice :smile:
good luck with all your others aswell :biggrin:

the area's a bit rough but it's a good place, and good departments ... good choice, last minute or not! :smile:
Hey so two questions: Does everyone applying for English get interviewed? And also: I got ANOTHER email today from the Admissions people at QMUL saying they've recieved it and processing it right now and that I will be replied to shortly, anyone got anything like this??

Oh and good luck everyone :smile:
Original post by *Zep
I cant remember his name! o.o i think I blocked that out, after because I was so upset. What about you?
Yes that's how it was for me too :frown: . But Good luck to you too! :smile: x

I had Matt someone (Rubery??) - an American man. He seemed pretty nice but asked me such tough questions. We can keep our fingers crossed together :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending