The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1080
Has anyone got an offer for accounting and finance at Durham and for those with offers what requirements did you get? Accounting and Finance is in the Stockton Campus :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Just got conditional for Combined Hons (Arts)!! Resisting jumping up and down and omggz cliches... :banana2::bl:
felt the need for a crazy emoticon there
Anyone else got offers for St Cuths starting in Oct 2011?
I've applied for Business with a foundation year at Durham but no reply even acknowledgement of my application yet. :frown: Anyone else doing this course?
Original post by alphaeta08
Mine said that a couple days ago, and I think it's generally a good thing (but not a guarantee), because I got an offer yesterday!
Music, 3.0 cumulative GPA, 3.3 in music classes!
I'm so relieved to have an answer from my first choice!!!:biggrin:

Nice! I'm assuming you are in college right now? Are you at a 4 year or 2 year? I got a similar offer for law, except it's 3.3 all the way across.
Original post by magicalyoghurt
Letter from St Cuth's today :biggrin: Feels more official now that I have a conditional lols :smile:

Congrats!
Original post by Noodlzzz
Psychology - AAA so happy I'm shaking! :biggrin:

Congrats! I was ecstatic when I got an offer. I think I screamed. Fortunately no one was at home.
Reply 1086
Original post by kthanki
Has anyone got an offer for accounting and finance at Durham and for those with offers what requirements did you get? Accounting and Finance is in the Stockton Campus :frown:

I got an offer for accounting and finance on tuesday. Im post A Levels so got an unconditional.
Yeah the downside of the course is that its based in stockton and not actually in durham.
Good luck in your application! :smile:
COME ON POLITICS :frown: I haven't seen anyone else here with a Politics response? I really want to get Durham in the bag before Cambridge decisions but after I got rejected from Bristol the other day I am feeling decidedly less confident :frown:
I really want an offer :frown:
Original post by LukethePianoMan
I've given up with 'no news is good news', cuz I want to make plans!
And you won't get rejected :P

:biggrin: That's fair enough, I'm already thinking about travel time from Bristol to Warwick :p:
^^ I hope not, it's still not gone to a college though =/
My UCAS Track finally updated. Conditional offer for L100 Economics! Funny thing is my AES status has not changed. Still not sure about the college alone, hope I get allocated to Castle.
Original post by rohitronaldo
My UCAS Track finally updated. Conditional offer for L100 Economics! Funny thing is my AES status has not changed. Still not sure about the college alone, hope I get allocated to Castle.

AES only updates once a day, not instantly. So if AES updates at 8 in the morning and you received an offer at 12 on UCAS(for example), it makes sense that it won't have updated yet.
Original post by adam0311
Nice! I'm assuming you are in college right now? Are you at a 4 year or 2 year? I got a similar offer for law, except it's 3.3 all the way across.

Hi, I've seen you around! I'm doing my history undergrad at Purdue right now, graduating a year early. The plan was to go to law school (history major, duh!:wink:), but I had a huge mind-change in the spring, so music it is! I looked into the LLB at some point (I think that's what you're doing?).

It's cool that our offers aren't too tough (or at least my major isn't very difficult... I literally don't know what I'd have to do to go down to a 3.0). I'm sure my super impressive sorority positions got me the offer in the end.:rolleyes:

Is Durham your first choice? I said somewhere else that I'll probably end up there unless hell freezes over and Cambridge says yes. I don't think I'd have the strength to say no!
Original post by sentiment
COME ON POLITICS :frown: I haven't seen anyone else here with a Politics response? I really want to get Durham in the bag before Cambridge decisions but after I got rejected from Bristol the other day I am feeling decidedly less confident :frown:

Politics here too! :smile:
Original post by alphaeta08
Hi, I've seen you around! I'm doing my history undergrad at Purdue right now, graduating a year early. The plan was to go to law school (history major, duh!:wink:), but I had a huge mind-change in the spring, so music it is! I looked into the LLB at some point (I think that's what you're doing?).

It's cool that our offers aren't too tough (or at least my major isn't very difficult... I literally don't know what I'd have to do to go down to a 3.0). I'm sure my super impressive sorority positions got me the offer in the end.:rolleyes:

Is Durham your first choice? I said somewhere else that I'll probably end up there unless hell freezes over and Cambridge says yes. I don't think I'd have the strength to say no!

Oh nice! I lived in Indiana for 8 years. Used to always wear purdue apparel until I switched over to being a michigan fan.

Yup, the LLB it is! Very interested in EU anti-trust law. I feel like I'd get a better career start through a UK law school in that area of practice than I would if I started at a law school here in the US.

Yes, very satisfied with my offer. I was getting nervous it would be something higher because when I emailed admissions over the summer they had suggested that the offer might be in the 3.5-3.75 range. Not that it would be unattainable, but still....

LSE would be the other option (on the off chance I get an offer), but I think I like Durham a lot more. I think the career prospects are so menial between the two that going to LSE wouldn't justify being in a highly anti-social environment.

I'm sure I've seen you post it, but which college did you apply for?
I'm applying for Modern Languages (German & Spanish) any other linguists here? :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
* Your application has been received by a College
* A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details

GET IN!
Original post by Revolution is my Name
GET IN!

Mine just turned to the same thing!!
This means a pretty much guaranteed offer right?
& also o/t but Hi! Haven't spoken to you in aaaages :smile:
Original post by Jing_jing
:biggrin: That's fair enough, I'm already thinking about travel time from Bristol to Warwick :p:
^^ I hope not, it's still not gone to a college though =/

Mine has gone to a college but I think I'll be pooled now which is risky business!
Bristol to Warwick isn't too bad, I live in the Midlands so Warwick is half an hour away from me and Birstol is 2 hours :smile:
Original post by darkestskies
I pretty much love ALL of their artwork, full stop! And the music of course - I'm a huge fan. :colondollar:

Oh god, Bach Preludes/Fugues kill me; I'm hopeless at them. :redface: They sound lovely though! And that Debussy piece is beautiful. :smile:

WOO, the songs are actually amazing tbf! Stuff for every mood!
I have only mastered the one I am doing now, I tried number 1 book 1 but the fugue is really hard!
ye, the debussy piece is nice and easy and apparently I play it well, though I make too many mistakes when playing, and apparently and I am expected to play flawlessly

Latest

Trending

Trending