The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Seeing it tomorrow night at half 11 after they've switched the lights on in the city centre. Excited! :yep:
I'm seeing it tomorrow.. but may have a problem. My nus card hasnt arrived, it's been over a week and I need it for tomorrow as I'm picking up student ticket. :frown:
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
That's true. It just makes me laugh how JK had to tell them not to write Kreacher out altogether (in ootp) as that's what they were planning on doing :mmm:

I'm going to see it tomorrow :woo:

I know! Hilarious!

CANNOT WAIT GUYS! Plus I'm going with a fellow TSR-ian which makes it extra exciting because hanging with TSR-ians is always good fun!

Tho I've got a nasty cough at the min and don't wanna ruin film for everyone, so hope it'll be gone by tomorrow!! Mrs Weasley would know how to fix it :frown:

:wizard::wizard::wizard:
The cutting is not too bad, it's been far worse. I've tried to imagine how they would've done it in just one film ..... oh well, not really important now, is it? Thankfully!
They've simplified the plot and there's one rather big hole at the end but that might be filled at the beginning of part 2. Otherwise I would suppose the motivation for some actions are not so well explained, but I don't know .... seen it just once so far.
And the noise from the audience was terrible! They disturbed the whole film and I somehow didn't think it was real, I was never enthralled by the movie as I would normally, it never really captivated me. From what I've read in reviews other people have felt very different about it, therefore I'm attributing it to the circumstances, but it felt rather bland.
Reply 344
Seeing it in 12 hours :excited:
Ah I can't wait to see this tonight......even though I know it's likely i'm going to be disappointed anyway. I am trying to keep an open mind. I know some people say you can't expect it to be fully like the book but I can't help it, it pisses me off when they change it. But it's one of those things you can't help looking forward to and have to see it.
Original post by xsarahhh
Im dying to see it but nobody I know likes harry potter:eek: I will need to convince someone to come see it with me as watching it online is just naee good!

Poor excuse. Why don't you just go on your own?
Bleh they skimped on the most important parts and the pacing of most of the scenes was just weird.
Seeing it in 2 hours 10 minutes :wizard: :wizard:

Cannot actually wait!!

Last night when I got back from night out I fell asleep listening to it being read by Stephen Fry, hence had Harry Potter dreams =D I love it when that happens =D
I see it at half 9 tonight :biggrin:
Reply 350
MERLIN'S SAGGY LEFT..

TODAY :awesome: I cannot believe it.

about 4 hours now!
Original post by Luceria
MERLIN'S SAGGY LEFT..

TODAY :awesome: I cannot believe it.

about 4 hours now!

"And what in the name of Merlin's most saggy y-fronts was that about?" - Ah Ron, you crack me up! If they leave that line out of the film I will cry!
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Seeing it in 2 hours 10 minutes :wizard: :wizard:

Cannot actually wait!!

Last night when I got back from night out I fell asleep listening to it being read by Stephen Fry, hence had Harry Potter dreams =D I love it when that happens =D

You can actually fall asleep to it? :wink:
Original post by mafia dude
You can actually fall asleep to it? :wink:

Stephen Fry's voice beats any lullaby :colondollar:

Plus since end of A2s I've listened to / read the 7th book 9 times, so I know what is going on :tongue:

And also since uni after a night out I always try and fall asleep listening to it so I get epic Harry Potter dreams :wizard:
Reply 354

I agree, he's awesome!! I fall asleep to it every night :smile: I'm currently on book 5 and want to finish 7 again before I see the movie - refresh my mind! I'm struggling to contain my excitement though, it was out here on Wednesday and so many people have told me it's amazing!!
Still 7 12 \frac{1}{2} hours to wait. Got a email telling me to be there early, I wonder how busy it'll be.
I saw this 2 days ago? Did Finland have earlier premier than you or what? I try to avoid any spoilers but I feel like I expected too much of it. People who saw it before me said that the story was very similar to what it was in the book. In reality there were really random scenes and the whole "undesirable number one" aspect didn't control the movie as much as it did the book (I hope someone understands what I'm saying because I don't want to make massive spoilers).

I love Jim Dale's voice, I always fall asleep while listening to him. Haven't heard any other reader so I can't say which one is better :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 357
was going to watch it today but I'm busy, I'll try on the weekend.

P.S. let's face it, Wizard's of Waverly Place has got more magic than the last two HP film's had, I'm wishing for a bit more excitement in the last two.
Original post by sandys1000
Still 7 12 \frac{1}{2} hours to wait. Got a email telling me to be there early, I wonder how busy it'll be.

I got an e-mail too. Are you going to a Vue cinema?
Reply 359
saw it this morning, quite enjoyable. it got a little slow at a few points, but i think this is the best one so far, it focusses much more on the mission, rather than the "school kids" stuff of previous movies/books. it plays out a lot more like an action/fantasy movie which i liked, it seemed like the other movies/books were really just the backstory to this. i don't like what's gone on with voldy's voice though, he sounded better in 4/5, seemed much more leering and aggressive back then. overall very good, the next part should be good too, although the slightly dodgy elements from the story could negatively affect part 2 more so than part 1.

Quick Reply

Latest