The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1200
Original post by Noodlzzz
Was all that stuff about grades on your reference? If not I could they might not think your capable of the offer and it looked like your teachers were overly optimistic. Where else are you applying?

Similar GCSEs - 6As 3Bs 2Cs & 4 As at AS with A*A*A*A* prediction, hopefully they'll look over my GCSEs :/ best of luck with your application.

I hope so :s-smilie:. If not, that may have cost me. I don't know if there's any point emailing them about it as they've already changed my track? Hmm maybe. Nottingham twice for Law and English. I won't hear anything until at least January from them.
Ooh well done you have amazing grades - you'll be fine :smile:. I just think it's silly how they put their grades as AAA but even if someone was predicted that, they would reject them as their grades aren't high enough etc :frown:.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I'm a bit too lazy to trawl over all the boards, so can someone give a quick update on where replies to Economics (L100) are at? I also got an invite to interview for ESPS today much to my surprise (I live in Australia and haven't learned a foreign language) so was wondering if the Economics Department had made headway into decisions yet.
Original post by Ultimate1992
congrats!!!! btw did you get any updates from ucas about that? or an e-mail from UCL? I mean, was it just a letter by post?

It was just a letter in the post. To be honest i had completely forgot about interviews for other universities because they day i recieved the letter i was on my way to london anyway for an interview with Queen Mary, and the day i came back i had a letter from cardiff. Even though on my UCAS application i said no to post >.< But im not complaining! UCAS hasnt recognised anything different, my application hasnt updated since 15/10/10 and i have only recieved acknowledgements in email terms. All interviews and open days are from the post! Hope this helps
Original post by FruitsPunchSamurai
Just to inform those waiting ->A friend of mine applying for computer science got invited for an open day on 1st December. He applied on the Oxbridge deadline.

I wish the physics department would hurry up :frown: The wait is traumatizing.

Hey fellow physicist!
I applied the 15th of Oct, recieved achknowledgement on the 19th, and on the 15th of november i recieved a letter inviting me to a physics based open day (with no interviews or exams). The letter implies that iv already got the offer and the reason for the open day is so that they can sell their university to me (because i havent seen it yet). They do these open days as early as december and as a late as like march time. So dont worry, youll get into one if your PS was good enough! What have your grades been like? So far everyone i know has got into the open day at UCL, they arent that picky for physics because lucky for us, the country need us! Its one of the most employable degrees out there, biological sciences is more than 50% unemployed graduates, physics is not even 10% =P
Original post by TheSingingMute
Anyone heard anything on Physics (straight)?

Hello hello physicist!
Yes, i have. I applied (F300, with the idea to get onto the F303[need to achieve grades worthy of 2.1 in first year]) Oct 15th, acknowledged on Oct 19th, then invitation to an interview-less open day in february. People i know that have applied later has been given open days earlier, and they stop open days as late as march time. The letter (via post, not email/ucas) implies that iv already got the offer but the open day is compulsory before i recieve an offer (a sneaky chance to show off their university so i reject oxford... not gonna happen >.<). What are your grades like?
GCSE - 1xA* 3xA 6xB 1xC
AS - AABB (Maths Phys Bio Chem)
A2 predictions - A* A* A (Maths Phys Bio)

Hopefully youll see my grades arent that fantastic and iv managed to get an offer, so goodluck to you =D
It should be fine. The country is in dire need for physicists, its one of the most employed degree. Only 10% of graduated physicists are unemployed and it can be as high as 50% for biology.
so just to confirm, everyone seems to be saying UCL's invites to open days/offers are coming through the post? oh great, this means I'm gonna have to start harrassing the postman now!
Hey guys, just letting those people asking about Biomed know that I recieved an e-mail last night saying that I lived too far away from UCL, so instead of going for an interview they recommend an offer to be sent to me from ucas instead which will be confirmed in writing.

So to all those still waiting, don't worry they'll let you know very soon :smile:
Reply 1207
Original post by bigonrice
Hey guys, just letting those people asking about Biomed know that I recieved an e-mail last night saying that I lived too far away from UCL, so instead of going for an interview they recommend an offer to be sent to me from ucas instead which will be confirmed in writing.

So to all those still waiting, don't worry they'll let you know very soon :smile:

OMG CONGRATS!! :smile: hehe I thought UCL's life sciences department hibernated or something :P
Eeeeek! lol I still havn't heard anything, but I hope I do soon, even if it is a rejection. :frown:
Reply 1208
:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:just got an offer from ucl~ L100 ECON!
Reply 1209
Original post by zyuan1
:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:just got an offer from ucl~ L100 ECON!

Congrats!!!! :smile:
Reply 1210
Can't believe I missed this, might as well join in while I can - BMAT was horrible xD

Username:Kolbe
Planned Course: Medicine (A100)
Planned Entry: 2011

Results on Wednesday!!! Arrrgggghhhh!!!
Username: Cutieapple44
Planned Course: Pharmacology MSci (B211)
Reply 1212
Original post by Cutieapple44
Username: Cutieapple44
Planned Course: Pharmacology MSci (B211)

Hey! I've applied for Pharmacology MSci at UCL too! I got a letter in the post today inviting me to an interview/open day on 15th December :biggrin: i'm nervous now :eek:
Original post by lou12
Hey! I've applied for Pharmacology MSci at UCL too! I got a letter in the post today inviting me to an interview/open day on 15th December :biggrin: i'm nervous now :eek:

When did you apply? I only applied a few days ago.
Just got invited to the Linguistics open day on December 6th! :biggrin:

They said "Please note that we expect to make an offer to all applicants who attend our Open Day"

:woo:

But I can't go.. I'm in America. Which means that I have to talk to them over the phone.. :yikes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1215
When did you apply? I only applied a few days ago.

Oh I applied 3-4 weeks ago. I'm sure you'll hear from them soon:smile:
Original post by lou12
Oh I applied 3-4 weeks ago. I'm sure you'll hear from them soon:smile:

What subjects are you taking? What other unis are you applying to?
:confused:I'm in the same boat, I've received an acknowledgment but that's it so far:frown:

Original post by a daedalus
Been waiting over a month now for English ... acknowledgement then nada. Anyone else?
Reply 1218
What subjects are you taking? What other unis are you applying to?

I've applied to UCL for Biochemistry, KCL for Biochem and Pharmacology, and Queen Mary for Biochem. I really want to study in London :smile:
Yourself?
Original post by blahblah16
Applied on the 4th of October! And I applied for French on its own. What did you get for your A levels?

You might not need an interview even if you are applying pre-a level. I got a conditional offer to study french and had no interview. I do IB, but I doubt it makes a difference! Hang in there! (oh and I applied 2nd October)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending