The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BeckyIsOptimistic
I'm applying for Modern Languages (German & Spanish) any other linguists here? :smile:

Yep! French, Russian & hopefully Spanish!!

Have you heard anything yet?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
anymore english lit offers?? im still waiting.
Reply 1102
Any offer holders received a weird change? Apparently there's a slight change in my conditional offer!... the conditions are... "None"... weirdddddddd

It used to be "Grade A in Sociology", but now it's just blank! Anyone else had the similar situations? O.O Are they gotta retract my offer? T.T
OFFER :biggrin:
natural sciences, not sure which college yet, I picked St Marys though I might have been pooled
and they want an A in further maths which will be tricky
but overall, I'm relieved!
Reply 1104
Original post by manthew
Any offer holders received a weird change? Apparently there's a slight change in my conditional offer!... the conditions are... "None"... weirdddddddd

It used to be "Grade A in Sociology", but now it's just blank! Anyone else had the similar situations? O.O Are they gotta retract my offer? T.T

Mine too. I think it's the change because we've got allocated in a college.
Look at that page, there's a campus code.
So we have somewhere to sleep now:smile:
Reply 1105
Original post by manthew

Yeah it happened to mine aswell.. :/ our grades won't change will they? :/
Original post by manthew

This happened to me too. The day after I received a letter from my college in the post.
Ok I got an offer at the beginning of this month from Durham and right now I opened my mail and saw a Track update email. I nearly had a heart attack because today is apparently "Rejections Friday" for LSE applicants and I opened Track expecting to see an "unsuccessful" next to lse! Everything was still the same, except that the "conditional" next to Durham was now red and when I clicked on it and stuff, nothing had changed, but it doesn't say my conditions anymore, if that makes sense :s-smilie:
It isn't unconditional, don't get me wrong, it's like it says "The conditions of the offer are" and "This offer is subject to you obtaining" and then there's a blank space, the AAA seems to have disappeared! What the hell is going on lol, the only thing I thought that might have changed is that maybe I was allocated a college, but I can't seem to find that anywhere. Is Durham's system perhaps a little messed up because even when I first got my offer, they had it put down as conditional and they stated the conditions of my offer. They also however stated a reason for a possible rejection, which completely confused me. I have got the official email from Durham confirming my offer though.
This is really weird and random lol, does anyone have any sort of explanation? My heart seems to have finally recovered to normal haha, oh well it prepared me for my potential rejection to lse.
Reply 1108
Original post by saks10111
Ok I got an offer at the beginning of this month from Durham and right now I opened my mail and saw a Track update email. I nearly had a heart attack because today is apparently "Rejections Friday" for LSE applicants and I opened Track expecting to see an "unsuccessful" next to lse! Everything was still the same, except that the "conditional" next to Durham was now red and when I clicked on it and stuff, nothing had changed, but it doesn't say my conditions anymore, if that makes sense :s-smilie:
It isn't unconditional, don't get me wrong, it's like it says "The conditions of the offer are" and "This offer is subject to you obtaining" and then there's a blank space, the AAA seems to have disappeared! What the hell is going on lol, the only thing I thought that might have changed is that maybe I was allocated a college, but I can't seem to find that anywhere. Is Durham's system perhaps a little messed up because even when I first got my offer, they had it put down as conditional and they stated the conditions of my offer. They also however stated a reason for a possible rejection, which completely confused me. I have got the official email from Durham confirming my offer though.
This is really weird and random lol, does anyone have any sort of explanation? My heart seems to have finally recovered to normal haha, oh well it prepared me for my potential rejection to lse.

I got this as well. I got an offer a while back and have been allocated to a college officially and received the official acceptance email. It's probably just a mess up in the system.
Original post by Holybacon
Got a letter today telling me I'm pretty much guaranteed to be made an offer - however it has to be confirmed by the college (which is castle lol) - if not I'll be reallocated

Yes! My AES updated recently and I'm now in the same situation, so if Collingwood likes me then I'll have my offer.
Original post by manthew

I just had the same thing happen to me! Maybe I should've skimmed through the latest posts on this thread before posting the paranoid essay above haha. I'm guessing its some sort of error with the system or something, hopefully we have nothing to worry about. I just wish I hadn't been sent a track update email about it, causing my heart to race nervously at a dangerous speed.
I was just here to post about the same thing as everyone else. Thanks for the heart attack, Durham! :frown:
For those with the funny thing going on, when did you receive your initial offer?
Original post by manthew

Same thing. Weird. I think it has something to do with the college.

Yeah I was about to **** my pants because I was convinced it was an unsuccessful from LSE.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by adam0311
Yeah I was about to sh*t my pants because I was convinced it was an unsuccessful from LSE.

We're still in the running for lse whoo! (Watch us get rejected now haha)
We're still in the running for lse whoo! (Watch us get rejected now haha)

lol. I think I'm prepared now at least.

For those who had the change, is the campus code still the same?
Reply 1117
Original post by krugeroj
Mine too. I think it's the change because we've got allocated in a college.
Look at that page, there's a campus code.
So we have somewhere to sleep now:smile:

There always has been a campus code... :s

Original post by OMGWTFBBQ
This happened to me too. The day after I received a letter from my college in the post.

Really? Does it mean we've been allocated to a college?
Original post by adam0311
Same thing. Weird. I think it has something to do with the college.

Don't tink so cos it's happened to me and I have a college assigned. It's just blank where the AAB used to be. Maybe they're putting in A*s :frown::frown::frown:
Reply 1119
My AES has been like,

You application has been sent to a college
A decision has yet to be made etc..

since Sunday! I've had no emails from UCAS or Durham and no letters in the post!

Does this mean I have got an offer? If so can anyone give a rough estimate of when i will find out? Should I worry that the college is taking so long?

I'm panicking!! :P

Latest

Trending

Trending