The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Next Left
I got an e-mail too. Are you going to a Vue cinema?

:hello: Hi

I am indeed going to a Vue cinema.
Iv'e seen it :biggrin:

any thoughts on the film? post me here please....

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1469607
Must refrain from stalking this before I've seen the film :tongue:
I thought it was really good. Some people I know found it disappointing as well, but honestly it was amazing. Probably my favourite one so far.

I liked how there were still some funny parts in the film.
Seen the first 35 mins, going to the cinema to see it all next week. Based on what I've seen things I didn't like:

Spoiler

That's just some of the stuff, I've not mentioned the stuff which was missed out but had to be for time constraints. My last point is the worse as they are doing HBP again and skipping major important parts. Based on what I've seen so far it will be another **** film.
Reply 365
The little things they missed out annoyed me because they could've easily included it, but compared to the others it did include a lot from the book, and I liked it.
It was crap.
Lots of uneeded ****.But the again even the book is stupid.
Harry is like a friggin scyzophreniac.I also hate the deus ex machina bull****.
THey always seem to get saved by someone or miraculously discover stuff.
****ty book,****ty movie.
Also part 1 and 2? LOL money whores.
80% of part 1 was useless generic stuff.
Original post by Hampsey83

Waiting till Orange Wednesday :biggrin:
BRILLIANT! Oh christ, it was good.
My friend said that they 'hardly' follow the book.

Is this true?
My whole post is one big spoiler, so please only read if you don't mind knowing what they've changed etc.

Spoiler

Original post by sandys1000
Must refrain from stalking this before I've seen the film :tongue:

:five:
Reply 372
Why was it disappointing?
I'm going to be watching it end of Nov/early Dec.
I found Half Blood Prince disappointing because they didn't really add much on, except for the Horcrux mention.
Reply 373

Spoiler

Reply 374
saw it this morning, quite enjoyable. it got a little slow at a few points, but i think this is the best one so far, it focusses much more on the mission, rather than the "school kids" stuff of previous movies/books. it plays out a lot more like an action/fantasy movie which i liked, it seemed like the other movies/books were really just the backstory to this. i don't like what's gone on with voldy's voice though, he sounded better in 4/5, seemed much more leering and aggressive back then. overall very good, the next part should be good too, although the slightly dodgy elements from the story could negatively affect part 2 more so than part 1.
You know the man who smelt Hermione? Was that Greyback? 'Cause if it is, he looks different.
Original post by Bektas
My friend said that they 'hardly' follow the book.

Is this true?

It has a few parts missing and a few parts changed so on the whole its similar to the HBP. Pretty much the same storyline but the book detail just isn't there.
Original post by SophiaKeuning
You know the man who smelt Hermione? Was that Greyback? 'Cause if it is, he looks different.

No I don't believe it was.
Reply 378
omg, i hate you all who have seen this film already. hopefully going to see it tommoorw, fingers crossed.
Original post by Pedus
omg, i hate you all who have seen this film already. hopefully going to see it tommoorw, fingers crossed.

I'm going to see it again tomorrow LOL!

Quick Reply

Latest