The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary 2011 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lemonyspongecakeII
Hey so two questions: Does everyone applying for English get interviewed? And also: I got ANOTHER email today from the Admissions people at QMUL saying they've recieved it and processing it right now and that I will be replied to shortly, anyone got anything like this??

Oh and good luck everyone :smile:

I think everyone who meets the Entry Requirements gets interviewed - not sure. And I don't think I ever got an acknowledgement - just an invitation to interview.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 381
Original post by hannah12
As soon as they've made a decision, they'll let you know. They probably haven't processed your application yet so haven't decided. No news is good news atm, because if they've looked at your application, and don't want to make an offer.. they wouldn't make you wait unnecessarily. I think/heard/hope.

Thanks!

Yeah I do hope they won't make us wait any longer than absolutely necessary lol.
got the offer for maths from queen mary, its conditional but the condition is i have 320 ucas points from 3 gce which i already do, so its pretty much unconditional 2 me :smile:
Reply 383
Original post by sahil112
got the offer for maths from queen mary, its conditional but the condition is i have 320 ucas points from 3 gce which i already do, so its pretty much unconditional 2 me :smile:

It's updated on track for you? Mine still hasn't yet :frown:
Reply 384

For Maths G100? xx
Reply 385
Original post by Chekur
I was informed by one of the student guides that those invited were all people that Queen Mary were definitely interested in! So in essence, I suppose an invitation does constitute an offer :smile:

Do you mind me asking when you sent your UCAS application off? :smile:
English - Have my interview on the 15th. (:
I applied to Medicine. :biggrin:

Hi fellow Queen Mary applicants.
Original post by __xSB
For Maths G100? xx

yh :smile:
Original post by implus
It's updated on track for you? Mine still hasn't yet :frown:

yh i cheked it todai :smile: got all 5 offerz so now to decide what to chooseeee
Original post by Alexandra289
I think everyone who meets the Entry Requirements gets interviewed - not sure. And I don't think I ever got an acknowledgement - just an invitation to interview.

Oh wow ok, didn't know that.. 'k thanks for replying :smile:
Original post by ABCDemily
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Nuff said tbh.

OMG OMG i'm not applying to QM anymore :redface:
Reply 392
Original post by Alexandra289
Thank you for giving me some hope - although it's easier to assume I won't get in so I won't be disapointed. At least I answered every question even if it was utter bull coming out my mouth!

I'm sure you'll be fine, I had my interview as well but lucky to have had a lovely lady interviewing me, everyone I spoke to on the day had different interviews, some had texts to analyse other current affairs so we're all in the same boat! :smile:
got conditional for mechanical engineering yes
Original post by curly_wurly
I went to the Open Day for Law yesterday, and I've chosen to study Law and Politics there. My mum just spoke with Jake Duffin on the phone and everyone who went yesterday is getting an offer!! Yayy :biggrin:

Has your law offer come through yet?
He told us after the campus tour (when we were stuffing our faces :colondollar:) that the offers have already been sent and if they're not processed within 10 days, we need to contact him, so that he can sort it out with UCAS. (The more I wait, the more I feel like me being invited to the Open Day was a typo on QM's part, lol.)
Original post by trude.kiho
He told us after the campus tour (when we were stuffing our faces :colondollar:) that the offers have already been sent and if they're not processed within 10 days, we need to contact him, so that he can sort it out with UCAS. (The more I wait, the more I feel like me being invited to the Open Day was a typo on QM's part, lol.)

Mine hasn't come through yet. Waiting patiently, but it's very difficult, as you said!! I just want to see it for real!
Reply 396
yh :smile:

Aww congratulations :smile: I'm hoping for the same offer lol!! Are you going to the Maths visit day on Weds? ..x
Original post by trude.kiho

No offer yet :frown: I'm getting kind of impatient :tongue:
Oh I left quickly after the campus tour and didn't stay for refreshments which is why we called him the next day. But I really liked the look of the Uni and hopefully we'll hear soon :biggrin:
Original post by __xSB
Aww congratulations :smile: I'm hoping for the same offer lol!! Are you going to the Maths visit day on Weds? ..x

thank you thank you andd aww dnt worry der lazyyy wid da offerz jus gve it tym :smile: and yess i am :biggrin: are u ?
Reply 399
Anyone else going to the Queen Mary open day for Maths on the 24th, next Wednesday?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending