Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mknox669
My AES has been like,

You application has been sent to a college
A decision has yet to be made etc..

since Sunday! I've had no emails from UCAS or Durham and no letters in the post!

Does this mean I have got an offer? If so can anyone give a rough estimate of when i will find out? Should I worry that the college is taking so long?

I'm panicking!! :P

From the AES website:

"If the department decides you are to receive an offer (or be invited to attend an interview) your application will be forwarded to a college. If you have stated a college preference the form will go to that college for consideration, provided that the college has space available. If your preference college is unable to make you an offer, your application will be passed to a second college selected by the department. The first and second college will be selected by the department for applicants who have made an open application.

Please note that occasionally some applications are unsuccessful despite being sent to a college as the University is restricted in the number of home offers it can make and is committed to ensuring that departments and colleges do not make too many offers. Occasionally, a department may inadvertently make a few too many offers, as our monitoring systems are updated on a daily basis rather than in real-time. These applications are recalled within the University and, even though the AES may have shown that an application has been passed to a college for consideration, the University will not be in a position to make an offer and an unsuccessful decision will be recorded at UCAS."

So if you've reached this stage, you've basically received an offer unless something extraordinary happens.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 1121
Original post by sentiment
COME ON POLITICS :frown: I haven't seen anyone else here with a Politics response? I really want to get Durham in the bag before Cambridge decisions but after I got rejected from Bristol the other day I am feeling decidedly less confident :frown:

i'm also waiting to hear from the politics department :frown: wish they would hurry up!
Original post by saks10111
I just had the same thing happen to me! Maybe I should've skimmed through the latest posts on this thread before posting the paranoid essay above haha. I'm guessing its some sort of error with the system or something, hopefully we have nothing to worry about. I just wish I hadn't been sent a track update email about it, causing my heart to race nervously at a dangerous speed.

I've had exactly the same thing happen! Got the email just now saying there's been an update, and when I checked back, the conditions for my Durham biomed. course had vanished. I thought they'd rejected me because I hadn't acknowledged my offer. Thank God I'm not the only one who's had this happen to them this evening!!
(edited 13 years ago)
joins the glitch club.

Thank goodness I decided to check here before sending them an email :redface:
Law. Moved to college this morning. Bad LNAT. Relieved!
Reply 1125
wooop accepted by castle!
Original post by LukethePianoMan
OFFER :biggrin:
natural sciences, not sure which college yet, I picked St Marys though I might have been pooled
and they want an A in further maths which will be tricky
but overall, I'm relieved!

Wow, well done. You must be one of the first natural sciences offer on here. When did your status change to be sent to a college, because for me it has been over a month (sent on 13th October) and it is still at the department! :frown:
Original post by Yellowstone
Law. Moved to college this morning. Bad LNAT. Relieved!

Ya! Fellow lawyer. Is Durham your number one?

Original post by edjaru
wooop accepted by castle!

Awesome! Did you get the letter by post?
Reply 1128
Original post by manthew
Any offer holders received a weird change? Apparently there's a slight change in my conditional offer!... the conditions are... "None"... weirdddddddd

It used to be "Grade A in Sociology", but now it's just blank! Anyone else had the similar situations? O.O Are they gotta retract my offer? T.T

The same thing happened to me today so it's probably just a
Glitch in the system!
Original post by adam0311
Ya! Fellow lawyer. Is Durham your number one?

A very, very good second!
Original post by Yellowstone
A very, very good second!

Which college did you apply for?
Which college did you apply for?

Collingwood. So many people seem set on Castle, but I thought I'd rather be in a hill college so that college is somewhere other than Palace Green.
Original post by Hnk2401
The same thing happened to me today so it's probably just a
Glitch in the system!

yea that happened to me too. i had some conditions but now it's blank. i think i'm going to call up, just to check. but its probably just a UCAS mistake....
Reply 1133
Just got an unconditional offer to study Politics :biggrin:!

Anyone else??
Reply 1134
Original post by sentiment
COME ON POLITICS :frown: I haven't seen anyone else here with a Politics response? I really want to get Durham in the bag before Cambridge decisions but after I got rejected from Bristol the other day I am feeling decidedly less confident :frown:

I am! Just got my unconditional today :smile: x
Original post by playxsailxliv
Yep! French, Russian & hopefully Spanish!!

Have you heard anything yet?

My application got 'moved to a College' this morning, the AES is so confusing so I won't get my hopes up!
Ah I really want to do Russian too! I only put down German and Spanish on my app but I'm guessing they'll be some flexibility to add a third if I got in, considering Russian would be the only ab initio.
Do you have an offer?/did you pick a particular college? (so many questions, but language people seem to be a rarity these days :tongue: )
Original post by BeckyIsOptimistic
My application got 'moved to a College' this morning, the AES is so confusing so I won't get my hopes up!
Ah I really want to do Russian too! I only put down German and Spanish on my app but I'm guessing they'll be some flexibility to add a third if I got in, considering Russian would be the only ab initio.
Do you have an offer?/did you pick a particular college? (so many questions, but language people seem to be a rarity these days :tongue: )

Very cool =] Yeah I do! I was so happy when I got it I absolutely love durham. I specified university college, how about you?
Original post by Vintage05
yea that happened to me too. i had some conditions but now it's blank. i think i'm going to call up, just to check. but its probably just a UCAS mistake....

Ooh, please tell me what they say if you do call! The exact same thing happened to me.
Oh nice! I lived in Indiana for 8 years. Used to always wear purdue apparel until I switched over to being a michigan fan.

Yup, the LLB it is! Very interested in EU anti-trust law. I feel like I'd get a better career start through a UK law school in that area of practice than I would if I started at a law school here in the US.

Yes, very satisfied with my offer. I was getting nervous it would be something higher because when I emailed admissions over the summer they had suggested that the offer might be in the 3.5-3.75 range. Not that it would be unattainable, but still....

LSE would be the other option (on the off chance I get an offer), but I think I like Durham a lot more. I think the career prospects are so menial between the two that going to LSE wouldn't justify being in a highly anti-social environment.

I'm sure I've seen you post it, but which college did you apply for?

As long as you weren't wearing dirty, disgusting IU stuff, I'm cool with Michigan!:biggrin:

I applied to Hild and Bede, mostly because I wanted a bigger college, and they seem hardcore (well, even more hardcore than the rest of Durham) in sports. I feel like 500 or fewer people would be like a) a really big sorority, or b) a really small high school, both of which I've outgrown (she says while wearing leggings, a long sweatshirt, and knockoff Uggs. I wish I were joking :rolleyes:).

Did I make this up in my head, or are you at UCLA? I know it says Atlanta on your thing, but I thought I read it somewhere...
Original post by treyno
I am! Just got my unconditional today :smile: x

May I be pesky and irritating and ask about your grades and blah blah blah? Since I got my first rejection I'm feeling a bit insecure about GCSEs/AS grades. Congrats by the way! You must be so happy.

Latest