The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by diamonddust
Glad it has gone! Let the waiting commence lol :smile:

lol :smile: already got an acknowledgement from york! :biggrin:
Original post by glitterphobia
lol :smile: already got an acknowledgement from york! :biggrin:

Me too :smile:
Hi everyone :smile: Just a quick question, I got an acknowledgement email from York St John as soon as my application had been processed, but another university I am applying to say they don't get the application 4 - 10 days until it has been sent to UCAS. I'm confused! Does anyone know why this is? Thank you :biggrin:
Original post by urbanshoemyth
Hi everyone :smile: Just a quick question, I got an acknowledgement email from York St John as soon as my application had been processed, but another university I am applying to say they don't get the application 4 - 10 days until it has been sent to UCAS. I'm confused! Does anyone know why this is? Thank you :biggrin:

Hi, sent my UCAS off yesterday morning, I got an acknowledgement at 7am this morning from St. John (as I think you realised :wink:), think maybe the other uni's are saying it as a kinda insurance thing, just in case they're really busy. People are less likely to complain if they get an acknowledgement early and it saves people from panicking if it takes a while for them to process it!
Original post by glitterphobia
Hi, sent my UCAS off yesterday morning, I got an acknowledgement at 7am this morning from St. John (as I think you realised :wink:), think maybe the other uni's are saying it as a kinda insurance thing, just in case they're really busy. People are less likely to complain if they get an acknowledgement early and it saves people from panicking if it takes a while for them to process it!

Thank you :smile:

I got my acknowledgement at 7am as well!
Reply 1145
Original post by diamonddust
Looked at your choices and it's as I suspected! :tongue:
Uber competitive unis! Good luck! :hugs:

Yes, but although I expected to wait for a long time, a reply would be great! :biggrin:
Thank you very much for your luck! :h:
Got an offer for Oxford Brookes :smile: and its unconditional wooooo
Reply 1147
UNCONDTIONAL FROM PLYMOUTH!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'm so excited!
Has anyone else recieved any offers?

xx
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1148
Just received a conditional from Keele for Biomed. Exciting times!
Reply 1149
Original post by redrose_ftw
Got an offer for Oxford Brookes :smile: and its unconditional wooooo

Ah congratulations!! :biggrin:

xx
Original post by Sianelly
UNCONDTIONAL FROM PLYMOUTH!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'm so excited!
Has anyone else recieved any offers?

xx

Congratulations too :smile: what are you applying for?
Reply 1151
Congratulations too :smile: what are you applying for?

I'm applying for Psychology :biggrin: what are you applying to do?

xx
Reply 1152
Does 'Acknowleged ' mean that they sent an email, saying that they are considering your UCAS?
Or something more?

:s-smilie:
Reply 1153
Original post by Kai.
Does 'Acknowleged ' mean that they sent an email, saying that they are considering your UCAS?
Or something more?

:s-smilie:

It means they have recieved your application :smile: and that they are looking through it basically.

Good luck with your application :biggrin:

xx
I'm applying for Psychology :biggrin: what are you applying to do?

xx

waaaaaayyyyy more exciting than mine then haha i'm applying for accounting and finance :smile: good luck on Psychology, I've heard its quite competetive
Reply 1155
waaaaaayyyyy more exciting than mine then haha i'm applying for accounting and finance :smile: good luck on Psychology, I've heard its quite competetive

Aww thank you :smile: Good luck to you too! Where have you applied?

xx
Reply 1156
It means they have recieved your application :smile: and that they are looking through it basically.

Good luck with your application :biggrin:

xx

Ooh, cool - so I have two acknowledgements. Yay.

It doesn't have any reflection on whether or not they are more likely to accept an application, does it?
Original post by Kai.
Ooh, cool - so I have two acknowledgements. Yay.

It doesn't have any reflection on whether or not they are more likely to accept an application, does it?

no reflection whatsoever im afraid :frown:
Reply 1158
Just finished fixing my application. :biggrin: Im applying to History at:
St andrews
Glasgow
Stirling
Cardiff
Bangor

I know St Andrews doesn't start looking at applications til January but does anyone know when the others start making offers?
Reply 1159
Sent my application away yesterday.

Computer Science at Edinburgh, Glasgow, Strathclyde, Aberdeen and Heriot Watt.

Can anyone tell me where the thread is that has the list of all the unis that have given out offers so far? I've been searching for a while and can't seem to find it, thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending