The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by Mally-xo
LOL, I thought it was just me and my friends being immature. am glad to see we were not alone! all the cinema were silent, but we laughed and were like 'oooeer' haha :tongue:

OMG I did the same :') I was like the only person who found it funny :')
Original post by XxCBxX
OMG I did the same :') I was like the only person who found it funny :')

haha good! everyone else obviously just missed the MASSIVE innuendo :perv:
also, how yummy was rupert grint? :coma:
I thought it was amazing! I agree with the above points that they missed out but they did some bits so well- particularly the fight with the death eaters at the start and bellatrix torturing hermione. I don't know about anyone else I was crying at Dobby's death :frown: it seemed more real on screen. Oh and I thought Hermione and Harry dancing was ridiculous and unnecessary- why did they feel the need to put that in?
Reply 423

Omg I was in awe of him and sad when he was out of the movie for a bit :P Was like hermoine why aren't you all over him?!?! haha
Original post by Mm_Minty
If it's not shot in 3D it has to be converted which messes up the quality and makes it really dark....it's what happened with the avatar film, apparently.

Yeah, James Cameron waited the best part of 12 years for 3D technology to catch up to be able to convert Avatar into 3D.

It was actually Clash of the Titans. Avatar was shot in 3D right from the ground up.

Seriously I know!! I'd never seen rupert grint in that way before but now YUM YUM YUM :perv:

And agree with everyone saying about no Harry Dudley thing, most upset!

Also the ministry polyjuice potion wearing off thing was ridiculous!!

And while I agree there was no sense of impending doom throughout, that is because they didn't have the long times inbetween events

Also, no mention of the taboo...so explanation of why they were found on Tottenham Court Road (sorry, Shaftesbury Road) hasn't happened!

No Potterwatch :frown:

No Snape at Godrics Hollow was VERY upsetting

And while I disliked the torture of Hermione, I thought the whole mudblood thing was clever! But that scene as a whole I thought lacked drive!!

To whoever said not much was made out of Harry grabbing the wands from Malfoy, in the book not much is made of it till Harry's duel with Voldemort at the end. Like so many other things (the locket in book 5 for example) nothing is made of them till later on.

Also, just thinking about the next film, how much do they actually have still to show? All I can think of is them planning to get into gringotts, them getting into gringotts, the battle at hogwarts, harry learning about snape, harry getting killed, harry's chat with dumbledore, harry defeating voldemort, the epilogue...not nearly as much stuff as in part 1, so hopefully they will get this stuff all brilliant!!

Oh and while I think of it, who else LOVED the way they did the tale of the three brothers? Thought that was brilliant!
Loved it! Can't wait for part 2 now! :love:
Original post by Mm_Minty
If it's not shot in 3D it has to be converted which messes up the quality and makes it really dark....it's what happened with the avatar film, apparently.

:lolwut: Which part of Avatar turned out really dark?
Reply 428
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Seriously I know!! I'd never seen rupert grint in that way before but now YUM YUM YUM :perv:

And agree with everyone saying about no Harry Dudley thing, most upset!

Also the ministry polyjuice potion wearing off thing was ridiculous!!

And while I agree there was no sense of impending doom throughout, that is because they didn't have the long times inbetween events

Also, no mention of the taboo...so explanation of why they were found on Tottenham Court Road (sorry, Shaftesbury Road) hasn't happened!

No Potterwatch :frown:

No Snape at Godrics Hollow was VERY upsetting

And while I disliked the torture of Hermione, I thought the whole mudblood thing was clever! But that scene as a whole I thought lacked drive!!

To whoever said not much was made out of Harry grabbing the wands from Malfoy, in the book not much is made of it till Harry's duel with Voldemort at the end. Like so many other things (the locket in book 5 for example) nothing is made of them till later on.

Also, just thinking about the next film, how much do they actually have still to show? All I can think of is them planning to get into gringotts, them getting into gringotts, the battle at hogwarts, harry learning about snape, harry getting killed, harry's chat with dumbledore, harry defeating voldemort, the epilogue...not nearly as much stuff as in part 1, so hopefully they will get this stuff all brilliant!!

Oh and while I think of it, who else LOVED the way they did the tale of the three brothers? Thought that was brilliant!

I loved it! I was so engrossed!
Reply 429
NO DOBY!!! why did you have to go :frown:

Best bit of the film was either at the start or at the end the middle bit I thought was a tad boring TBH but still it Harry Potter they can get away with that.
Original post by Law123mus
Book, film what are you on about, I was saying my dog snape died.

:gasp: I'm sorry! :console:
Reply 431
What irked me a bit was the omission of the whole "don't say Voldemort's name" aspect of the plot. It made the way the 'snatchers' find them really unrealistic. I thought the whole 1984-like concept of the Ministry, under influence of Voldemort, keeping tabs on who says his name really clever in the books. idk, it's just a minor detail that wouldn't have taken that much effort to put in the film.
Of course, it was no 'The Burrow spontaneously setting on fire for dramatic effect'... *half blood prince, w.t.f.*

Other than that, and a feeew other small issues, I thought it was brilliant! They really made an effort to stick to the book.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by xnatalie01x
I thought it was amazing! I agree with the above points that they missed out but they did some bits so well- particularly the fight with the death eaters at the start and bellatrix torturing hermione. I don't know about anyone else I was crying at Dobby's death :frown: it seemed more real on screen. Oh and I thought Hermione and Harry dancing was ridiculous and unnecessary- why did they feel the need to put that in?

Really? I loved the dancing scene! I can't really put into words why, I just thought it was good and not as cheesy as it could have been.
Reply 433
I'm a bit excited, but the 5th and 6th ones were so **** that i just can't imagine that i will enjoy it that much.

I just hope that David Yates has ended the series on a high, after the dramatic decline in quality after GOF.
Original post by damos92
I'm a bit excited, but the 5th and 6th ones were so **** that i just can't imagine that i will enjoy it that much.

I just hope that David Yates has ended the series on a high, after the dramatic decline in quality after GOF.

u mad? 5, 6, 7.1 > 1, 2, 4.
Reply 435
they also missed out the wormtail bit and i think dean thomas was supposed to be caught as well. oh well i guess it doesn't matter too much but seriously the place where they cut off was so unexpected.
Reply 436
Just seen it, and was a bit of a let down...

Full of action etc and edge of the seat thrills, but it reminded me of Lord of the Rings!

Such as the Horcrux round harry's neck...the ring?

Ron going slowly mad and paranoid...Sam?

Even the font of the end titles were the same as lotr!
There's more I can't think of atm but thought of at the time & I know it's only a small flaw but still, it didn't live up to expectations...
Original post by anomynous
they also missed out the wormtail bit and i think dean thomas was supposed to be caught as well. oh well i guess it doesn't matter too much but seriously the place where they cut off was so unexpected.

Really? I'd been betting it was that bit for weeks....

You'll be pleased to know that pretty much the whole showing at the cinema I went to laughed at that bit :smile:

And gosh hasn't Ron bulked up??
Original post by xlouisedoll
Really? I'd been betting it was that bit for weeks....

I thought it would be just as dobby died.

TBH i think it would have worked better if it had been just as dobby died and they'd missed the final scene with voldy getting the wand as think that would have made a great first scene of second film, not sure what they can use for second film to start on now :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest