Reply 500
Got myself an offer :-)
Biochemistry, ABB. My first reply!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Eloise987
I'd just like to say reading that was amazing. I'm terrible with computers and I swear guys who know their stuff are almost better than guys with guitars. I'm such a geek groupie :colondollar:

Is this for real? :redface:
Original post by Helsy
Hey, does any one have an interview for next week Wednesday for MSci Physics and Astronomy?

Thats strange, I swear I read that Nottingham didn't use interviews which was why I applied as a back up incase my other 4 choices did them? I've had an offer but it was for MSci Physics, so maybe the Astronomy makes it different?
Reply 503
Original post by Freerider101
Thats strange, I swear I read that Nottingham didn't use interviews which was why I applied as a back up incase my other 4 choices did them? I've had an offer but it was for MSci Physics, so maybe the Astronomy makes it different?

That's what I thought... but clearly for some reason the Astronomy part of the course must make them want to talk to me..... :confused:
Reply 504

Somehow I doubt it :biggrin:
Original post by Helsy
That's what I thought... but clearly for some reason the Astronomy part of the course must make them want to talk to me..... :confused:

Well your GCSEs are amazing and you've got 4A's at AS, so not sure what more they could want?! Maybe they wanted you to have Chemistry or FM, thats the only thing I can think off. Or possibly the course is very popular and they're doing interviews to select the best applicants I'm not sure :confused:
Original post by roblee
Somehow I doubt it :biggrin:

Haha I hope the same goes to Physics not just Computer Science!! :rolleyes:

Yep, I swear hahaha! :smile:
Reply 508
Well your GCSEs are amazing and you've got 4A's at AS, so not sure what more they could want?! Maybe they wanted you to have Chemistry or FM, thats the only thing I can think off. Or possibly the course is very popular and they're doing interviews to select the best applicants I'm not sure :confused:

I dunno about the Chemistry, but I am doing Further Maths... I just don't have an AS in it. So yeah, I personally don't see why the need to talk to me..... :hmmm:
Reply 509
Midwifery :biggrin:
Reply 510
Original post by ambition-X
Woo offer for Psychology and cognitive neuroscience.. I'm putting it as my firm with a lovely offer of ABB :biggrin:

well done! how long after you applied did you get the offer? I've applied for Bsc psychology and all i've recived is an ackowledgement :s i'm getting really impatient now lol
Reply 511
Aloha :P

Firming Notts for pharmacy.... s'all about getting those grades :biggrin:
Reply 512
offer for politics AAB! :biggrin:
Original post by Helsy
I dunno about the Chemistry, but I am doing Further Maths... I just don't have an AS in it. So yeah, I personally don't see why the need to talk to me..... :hmmm:

Yeah seems wierd. Maybe your application is so strong, they just want to check that you're for real!! :tongue: But I'm sure you won't have any problems esspecially if your doing FM. Are you doing A2 Maths and AS + A2 FM then? And if you're preparing for an Oxford interview, I doubt you will have any problems with a Nottingham interview.
Reply 514
Yeah seems wierd. Maybe your application is so strong, they just want to check that you're for real!! :tongue: But I'm sure you won't have any problems esspecially if your doing FM. Are you doing A2 Maths and AS + A2 FM then? And if you're preparing for an Oxford interview, I doubt you will have any problems with a Nottingham interview.

Lol! I'd laugh if that was the case! :tongue: And yeah, in theory I've already done A2 Maths last year, so I'm completing A2 F Maths this year... And that's basically what I using Nottingham for, it's one of my practice interviews for Oxford (if I get one).
Reply 515
Anyone got any Economics replies yet? :wink:

really wanna go to this Uni but i heard they can make ya wait till Jan for an offer :frown:
Original post by Mossy22
Anyone got any Economics replies yet? :wink:

really wanna go to this Uni but i heard they can make ya wait till Jan for an offer :frown:

I think they're going to wait till January to start giving out offers to UK applicants. They've started giving offers to international applicants though.

Can I ask what your GCSE/AS-level grades are like and what you're predicted for A2?
Reply 517
i got 6 A*'s 4A's and 2Bs (at GCSE level) :smile:

For As Levels I got:

Mei Mathematics - A
Physics - A
Business studies - A
Accountancy - A
Art and Design -A

I dropped Art and Design in A2 and im predicted to get 4 A's at A2 level, hope that helped :P (lol lets just hope i can get the grades lol)
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Helsy
Lol! I'd laugh if that was the case! :tongue: And yeah, in theory I've already done A2 Maths last year, so I'm completing A2 F Maths this year... And that's basically what I using Nottingham for, it's one of my practice interviews for Oxford (if I get one).

Did you take the exams in A2 maths then? And super sweet, although I doubt the interview will be anywhere near as intense as Oxford!!
Original post by Unknown-User
Hey,

can I ask what grades you got for GCSE and AS-level, as well as what you're predicted for A2?

Thanks

I got 1 A* 10As and 1 B at GCSE , AABB at AS in Maths Geog Economics Physics, with an A2 module completed in geog early at 100%, so I've been predicted A*A*A (dropped physics)

What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending