The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by affinity89
Standing isn't all good. I just did a 6h30m shift on the self checkouts. My legs are killing me from standing up/walking around so long lol. :smile:

Try 8hrs on self-scan every Sunday :tongue:
One of the woman I work with constantly wears heals and I truly dont know how she does it.
Original post by xangelinax
One of the woman I work with constantly wears heals and I truly dont know how she does it.

really? isn't that dangerous? =/ i'd be told off if i was wearing heels!
Reply 6823
Original post by affinity89
Standing isn't all good. I just did a 6h30m shift on the self checkouts. My legs are killing me from standing up/walking around so long lol. :smile:

That's your legs getting exercise though, not your spine ripping itself apart :p:
Original post by xangelinax

no heels allowed at our store no matter what! drummed into us in induction, even did a roleplay about it :biggrin::tongue:
There is two in our store, one is the manager of the TU department and the women that
I work with is the team leader of the commercial department. On my induction we were also told not to wear heels but those two seem to get away with it.
Original post by Schumacher
Try 8hrs on self-scan every Sunday :tongue:

I've got a 9 hour shift on them tomorrow. Should be fun lol. :smile:
Hello. I have read that Sainsbury's is now the fastest-growing supermarket. They should give you all a £1000 bonus. Goodbye.
Original post by morris743
Hello. I have read that Sainsbury's is now the fastest-growing supermarket. They should give you all a £1000 bonus. Goodbye.

i think we should get a big pay rise
bring on the bonus though - ill get a full one this time :biggrin:
Who gave my post a positive rating? I will rep in return. (Guess it will be first come, first served since anyone could say they did :wink:)
Reply 6830
Original post by morris743
Who gave my post a positive rating? I will rep in return. (Guess it will be first come, first served since anyone could say they did :wink:)

Me! :cool:
Original post by inksplodge
i think we should get a big pay rise
bring on the bonus though - ill get a full one this time :biggrin:

Do you happen to know when the bonus is?
When is the next pay day?
Friday 3rd December

@inksplodge, thanks for the reply, I ended up leaving a note and they got back to me within a day so that was good. However, I've got to ring the tax office as they don't deal with it, oh well
Reply 6834
Original post by AgentSushi
Do you happen to know when the bonus is?

Think it's April/May time.
Original post by FXX
Think it's April/May time.

It was the first payday after the start of the new tax year this year wasn't it? But apparently that was 'early' ...!
Reply 6836
I got the job!

I have a two day induction starting 2nd December.
awesome! :smile:
Original post by Bleak
I got the job!

I have a two day induction starting 2nd December.

Well done:smile:
Reply 6839
Original post by tosh999
Guys does anyone else get this...

Im a cashier so I work out on the tills, I sit down and I have no leg pains or nothing but my back (upper back) KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLS, and the upper part of my spine..why is this?

You'll get used to it in time. When I first started, I remember my forearms where killing me,

Latest

Trending

Trending