The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greeneyedgirl
She hasn't ruled out writing another book...so who knows, she may have Dudley being a frequent visitor to the Potter household. I can imagine Dudley and Ginny getting on well :smile:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLOOOLOL.

Maybe :confused:

Personally I don;t want her to write anotherbook. Claims of 'drawing it out for more dosh' aside I think it would tarnish the whole essence of the series. It sounds very cheesy but I like the way it follows throughout school and finishes at the end. It kind of gives it a structure with which the audience can identify. If she took it into adulthood I can't seethe story line being as effective.
Original post by Hampsey83

Personally I don;t want her to write anotherbook. Claims of 'drawing it out for more dosh' aside I think it would tarnish the whole essence of the series. It sounds very cheesy but I like the way it follows throughout school and finishes at the end. It kind of gives it a structure with which the audience can identify. If she took it into adulthood I can't seethe story line being as effective.

I agree she shouldn't write another book, but in my head I see Dudley and Ginny getting on well (NOT SEXUALLY!) and the kids getting on well etc. :smile:
Just saw it :biggrin:
Reply 543
I loved it!!!!!!

What was with the naked scene though with Harry and Hermione?!
Reply 544
Original post by oh-bang
I loved it!!!!!!

What was with the naked scene though with Harry and Hermione?!

If you read the book, you'll know. It's Horcrux-Riddle showing Ron fake scenes of Harry and Hermione together.
I just got back and I absolutely loved it! The acting was brilliant and they've improved so much, Emma was realy good, and being the H/Hr shipper that I am, I was screaming in my head when Hermione and Harry kissed and when they were dancing, I was just stupidly smiling at myself hoping against hope that they would kiss even though I knew that they obviously wouldn't.

.I realy liked the scene where Fenrier (I think) could smell Hermione's scent even though he couldn't see her, and the Ministry of Magic scenes were superb. However, I realy wanted them to keep the scene in the book where the Dursley's were leaving and Dudley was like "I don't think you're an idiot" or something like that.. I just realy liked it and thought it showed how Dudley has realy changed, I wish they'd have kept it. But whatever, the film was realy great and it stood true to the book more than any other Harry Potter film ever has. I was also quite worried about how they were going to explain everything, because in HBP(film) Dumbledore didn't realy explain to hurry much about Horcruxes, but I thought they handled it well by making it in Harry's dreams. I didn't think there were many action scenes, but I guess that's what part 2 is for...I can't wait till part 2! +D
Reply 546
Original post by greeneyedgirl
She hasn't ruled out writing another book...so who knows, she may have Dudley being a frequent visitor to the Potter household. I can imagine Dudley and Ginny getting on well :smile:

She's just saying that. I wouldn't expect anything at all. So sick of media going all "OMG SHE MIGHT WRITE ANOTHER BOOK"... Idiots. The most we can hope for is "The Scottish book" (the Harry Potter lexicon) in a few years maybe.
Reply 547
Original post by Pensivedore
I just got back and I absolutely loved it! The acting was brilliant and they've improved so much, Emma was realy good, and being the H/Hr shipper that I am, I was screaming in my head when Hermione and Harry kissed and when they were dancing, I was just stupidly smiling at myself hoping against hope that they would kiss even though I knew that they obviously wouldn't.

.I realy liked the scene where Fenrier (I think) could smell Hermione's scent even though he couldn't see her, and the Ministry of Magic scenes were superb. However, I realy wanted them to keep the scene in the book where the Dursley's were leaving and Dudley was like "I don't think you're an idiot" or something like that.. I just realy liked it and thought it showed how Dudley has realy changed, I wish they'd have kept it. But whatever, the film was realy great and it stood true to the book more than any other Harry Potter film ever has. I was also quite worried about how they were going to explain everything, because in HBP(film) Dumbledore didn't realy explain to hurry much about Horcruxes, but I thought they handled it well by making it in Harry's dreams. I didn't think there were many action scenes, but I guess that's what part 2 is for...I can't wait till part 2! +D

H/HR shipper? .............................. Errr okay. That wasn't Fenrir, it was Scabior.
Original post by Luceria
H/HR shipper? .............................. Errr okay. That wasn't Fenrir, it was Scabior.

Yep, there is nothing wrong with being a H/Hr shipper, okay!??- At least I'm not a Dramione shipper, they are just scary.. Oh, well I wasn't sure, but thanks :rolleyes:
Reply 549
Original post by Ears
Just got back, I absolutely loved it. Emma Watson just gets better and better.
The cinematography was brilliant, and it was better directed that a lot of the previous films. It didn't have as much action as I had wanted, but by the sounds of it, they kept true to the story (I haven't read it :frown: ) Can't wait until part 2.

Completely agree, her acting against Helena Bonhem Carter in Malfoy Manor was unbelievable! She really got into the role and different emotional aspects. I love her! :colondollar:

Couldn't disagree more with the bit in bold. The first four are almost completely true to the books. I would say after the HBP, this is the furthest from the book.
Reply 551
Yep, there is nothing wrong with being a H/Hr shipper, okay!??- At least I'm not a Dramione shipper, they are just scary.. Oh, well I wasn't sure, but thanks :rolleyes:

There is. But to each their own. Non-canon like Dramoine isn't really scary, no. That is just utterly ironical.
Reply 552

My thoughts exactly :redface:
Reply 553
Original post by Shuv11

A dream of mine is other books about the Marauders, or Tom Riddle's story etc.
That would have been bloody brilliant :awesome:
Couldn't disagree more with the bit in bold. The first four are almost completely true to the books. I would say after the HBP, this is the furthest from the book.

WHAT!!?? how? they didn't miss any important bits, they explained everything pretty well, considering that this was only the first part.
Original post by Shuv11

Great minds think alike?
Reply 556
I think the way that Hedwig dies in the film is better then the book, gives her a nice heroic end, her one last fight to save Harry. Made it a lot more poignant :redface:
Reply 557

lol. What films have you been watching? Books and films are two completely different things, and the most annoying thing about the Potter fandom (except Harmony shippers) is the book purists. The important word here is 'adapt'.

But yeah. DH:1 was quite true to the book, more so than the rest. ( except the first two of course)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 558
Original post by Luceria
lol. What films have you been watching? Books and films are two completely different things, and the most annoying thing about the Potter fandom (except Harmony shippers) is the book purists. The important word here is 'adapt'.

But yeah. DH:1 was quite true to the book, more so than the rest.

I agree that there's no point in hating on bits that weren't in the film for the sake of it, but there were definitely bits they left out which, in my opinion, would've added to the movement of the plot (a proper goodbye from the Dursleys, Kreacher's tale, and more voldermort scenes in general).
Reply 559
Original post by Luceria
A dream of mine is other books about the Marauders, or Tom Riddle's story etc.
That would have been bloody brilliant :awesome:

Yeh that's the kinda books I would want, I really would love Hogwarts A History :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest