The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Does anyone else find Bonnie Wright to be a horrible actress? She seems so cold and stiff.
Reply 601
Original post by LuhLah
Does anyone else find Bonnie Wright to be a horrible actress? She seems so cold and stiff.

Yes!! I found the whole "will you do up my dress" bit horrible too. The whole cinema laughed when she came out with that line!
Original post by ily_em

Original post by ily_em
Yes!! I found the whole "will you do up my dress" bit horrible too. The whole cinema laughed when she came out with that line!

And as I pointed out to my friend, there was absolutely no reason why she couldn't have worn a normal bra with that dress. It wasn't strapless or anything......
Harry Potter 7 part 1 was AMAZING! Anyone saying otherwise can go smash his/her head into concrete!
Reply 604
Original post by Hampsey83
Well, funny you should say that. About three weeks before the film came out me and my friend were debating when it would end and i got it right! I said

Spoiler

I liked the way they ended it, couldn't have chosen a more suitable stopping point IMO. Anything prior to shell cottage is way to in-depth and non-stop to have a break in.

I read the spoiler. It's what I thought. Fits well.
Original post by ily_em

I laughed all the way through that...least sexy scene ever. Why can't they just get the girl who plays Amy Pond to play Ginny? Ginny was supposed to be sexy and sassy and awesome.
Sigh.
well i went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows-Part I this morning and i have to say its the best one yet that has been made and i would even go back and watch it all again :biggrin: as i enjoyed it that much.I will defiantly be buying it on DVD when it comes out to add to the rest of my Harry Potter Film collection.I just wish they wouldnt leave a gap between this part and the final part next year
(edited 13 years ago)
I cannot wait to see this!! I'm quite excited!!!
Won't be watching it in 3D though.
Reply 608
Original post by Tyrannosaurus Cal
I laughed all the way through that...least sexy scene ever. Why can't they just get the girl who plays Amy Pond to play Ginny? Ginny was supposed to be sexy and sassy and awesome.
Sigh.

I know :sad: It was just as bad in the 6th film too!

However, they did choose the actors when they were around 10. I guess it's difficult to know what people will turn out like as actors when they're older, and they can't change them now :/
Original post by cellophane11

Original post by cellophane11
I cannot wait to see this!! I'm quite excited!!!
Won't be watching it in 3D though.

Neither will anyone else, since it hasn't been made in 3D :lolwut:

Second part comes out 2 days after my birthday :woo:
Original post by ily_em
I know :sad: It was just as bad in the 6th film too!

However, they did choose the actors when they were around 10. I guess it's difficult to know what people will turn out like as actors when they're older, and they can't change them now :/

Yeah, and I guess they wouldn't have known back then that Ginny and Harry would totally get busy...
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx

Ohhhhh :s-smilie: I'm sure that trailer advertised it in 3D! LOL
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx

Second part should come out on July 31st...makes much more sense, Harry and JK's birthday...but NO, it's coming out on 15th :angry:
Original post by greeneyedgirl

You complain about that now, but by July 10th you'll be glad you're not having to wait any longer :p:

And it was going to be converted to 3D, but then it wasn't :smile:
On the contrary I thought very little was 'unneeded'. All of the book is relevant to the main plot so they had a very difficult job cutting anything really. As for adding things that weren't in it whatsoever, they did it sparingly. The scene with harry and Hermione dancing is a great bit of cinema which I thought was really sweet :')

The books are amazing. It may be your opinion that they suck but they are part of the best-selling book series of all-time so they can't really be '****ty'.

Part 1 and part 2 were necessary. Unlike the other books which had sub plots, the whole 7th book is dedicated to the main plot so they couldn't cut much out at all. So unless they wanted to make a 4 hour movie that nobody could be bothered to sit through and came out rushed they needed to split it up. Also making it into two parts has given the end of the book it's own feel which the book itself achieves. In the book there is a clear change between everything leading up to Gringotts and everything that unfolds immediately afterwards.

Highest selling books =/= good books.
Charles Dickens sold far less copies than J.K Rowlings yet can you compare the two?
Heck Sir Walter Raleigh one of the greatest Reinessance writers sold far far less copies than Twilight.Can you compare his work with that crap however?
Original post by ily_em
It was about 2hrs 15 mins I think, but it went by sooooooo quickly! They could have added it bit more to make it 2hrs 30 like the last film.

Really it was that long ily_em it didnt seem to me to be just over 2 hrs as it went by so quickly and i just wanted to stay in the cinema, and re-watch it again it was that good.
I just cant wait for the next part now.I just wish it was sooner than July 2011:frown: ah well just have to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I again and again when it comes out on DVD when ever that is, to remind me, so when the next and last installement comes out it.I will remember what happened in the last one.:biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Luceria
:lol: Are you for real? Oh yes, if it has won awards and sold well.. Surely it means it can't be bad!

Edit: What on earth? Did you feel offended by that?

Firstly lets not forget a book is written for a fan base. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't well written. Meyer wrote great books for the fans she was aiming at. Therefore they are well written which is displayed by their incredible sales.

Did i feel offended by what?
Reply 617
Firstly lets not forget a book is written for a fan base. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't well written. Meyer wrote great books for the fans she was aiming at. Therefore they are well written which is displayed by their incredible sales.

Did i feel offended by what?

I know loads of people have Twilight as their "guilty pleasure" But it is by no means well written literature. (And yes I have read them.) Yeah, teenyboppers. (We shan't speak of those over the age of 18).

Meyer molested the dictionary. It's rather laughable. She ruined the word chagrin as well.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 618
Original post by Trigger
Read my sig...

Your sig is correct, but it doesn't encompass the whole of the HP series and its messages. I mean, from book 5 onwards, the developing and maintenance of relationships is quite a prevalant sub plot.

Harry/Ginny. Ron/Lavender etc.
Original post by Theconomist
Highest selling books =/= good books.
Charles Dickens sold far less copies than J.K Rowlings yet can you compare the two?
Heck Sir Walter Raleigh one of the greatest Reinessance writers sold far far less copies than Twilight.Can you compare his work with that crap however?

Population of people = greater today than in the eras of the authors you mentioned. Books are more widely available today. More people can and will buy books today so just because more are sold today doesn't mean they are better than everything that came before it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending