The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6840
Original post by Foulish
You'll get used to it in time. When I first started, I remember my forearms where killing me,

Your forearms hurt because your muscles were being worked out. Your spine hurts with bad posture and that isn't something you get used to unless your spine is permanently bent out of shape, which one day will be constantly painful.
Hi all,

I have an interview this afternoon for a new Local store in North Street, Brighton. Im just a bit confused about where it should be- on the phone I was told it would be in the Lewes road store, but the email and the website say in the North Street store, which isn't even open yet (still being refurbed i think). I rang the recruitment line but they are closed. Any ideas?
Reply 6842
Hey , I made a verbal acceptance yesterday for my job as general assistant :biggrin:!
I have been told that I would be working tuesday, friday and saturday one week and sunday tuesday friday the next. Does this mean that I would be working saturday and sunday one weekend and then not working the next weekend? Or does it just mean that one weekend i work a saturday and the next I work a sunday? :confused:
Reply 6843
Original post by NonaxD
Hey , I made a verbal acceptance yesterday for my job as general assistant :biggrin:!
I have been told that I would be working tuesday, friday and saturday one week and sunday tuesday friday the next. Does this mean that I would be working saturday and sunday one weekend and then not working the next weekend? Or does it just mean that one weekend i work a saturday and the next I work a sunday? :confused:

Sainsburys weeks start on a Sunday. You'll work both days at the weekend one week, then neither the next.
Original post by _Demosthenes
Hi all,

I have an interview this afternoon for a new Local store in North Street, Brighton. Im just a bit confused about where it should be- on the phone I was told it would be in the Lewes road store, but the email and the website say in the North Street store, which isn't even open yet (still being refurbed i think). I rang the recruitment line but they are closed. Any ideas?

I would say the Lewes road store. The email and the website are automated whereas i'm presuming you actually spoke to someone on the phone? They would know what was what. Or ring the Lewes road store and ask whether they're holding interviews today. Sorry if this is too late, but good luck :smile:
Reply 6845
Original post by FXX
Sainsburys weeks start on a Sunday. You'll work both days at the weekend one week, then neither the next.

:frown: Bye bye weekend lol
Thanks for replying :smile:
Original post by Bleak
I got the job!

I have a two day induction starting 2nd December.

Well done!!
anyone tried the mincemeat? am wondering whether it would be worth it to get the TTD one or just the normal stuff.

speaking of TTD, what does everyone think? is it worth the extra money or do you prefer the others?
Reply 6848
Original post by inksplodge
anyone tried the mincemeat? am wondering whether it would be worth it to get the TTD one or just the normal stuff.

speaking of TTD, what does everyone think? is it worth the extra money or do you prefer the others?

We get the normal lean stuff. TTD often isn't worth it imo. The TTD fruit actually tastes worse.
Reply 6849

Never liked the taste of the stuff in the TTD range to be honest. Certainly not worth the extra money. But to be completely honest, I've always found Sainsburys Basics meat to be just as good as the normal stuff - mainly chicken fillets.

I read your message and thought mincemeat for mince pies - ie, fruit - yet everyone else seems to have read it as mince, like beef. Which did you mean? :smile:

I am not one to spend the extra for the TTD range to be honest, as I don't have the extra to spend in the first place. :smile:
Had an odd moment today in work.

A young girl (a chav/ned) came up to me and asked where the make up was. I showed her and then she asked what types of foundation we sold. I just said how am I meant to know I'm not a girl. :s-smilie:
Reply 6852
Original post by Schumacher
Had an odd moment today in work.

A young girl (a chav/ned) came up to me and asked where the make up was. I showed her and then she asked what types of foundation we sold. I just said how am I meant to know I'm not a girl. :s-smilie:

I'm always asked why type of Tampons I recommend for "first bleeders". Errrrr.... Yeh, i'll let you think about that one :P
Reply 6853
Original post by affinity89
I read your message and thought mincemeat for mince pies - ie, fruit - yet everyone else seems to have read it as mince, like beef. Which did you mean? :smile:

I am not one to spend the extra for the TTD range to be honest, as I don't have the extra to spend in the first place. :smile:

TTD tends to come from the same supplier, but with a different packaging. I read somewhere that Sainsbury's where charging an extra £1 for potatos that where simply washed.
Reply 6854
basics are the same too, it's just odd shaped, different sized stuff that makes the basics range, while the better looking ones go into sainsbury's brand.
like for fresh meat there should be no difference, but for others like groceries they may taste different.

dont think ive bought basics yet, i buy smart price dolly mixtures from asda, its a shame they dont have a basics range of those, had to buy a bag is sainsburys choco raisins instead.
Original post by affinity89

mincemeat for pies lol :tongue:

we bought some taste the difference meal deal thing and it didn't taste that much better than a normal one!

not sure i would buy basics meat =/ i am incredibly picky with meat haha i barely it. but basics biscuits and stuff i dont mind

but ttd... i mean the stuff they let us try last time, the lemonade and stuff, i thought it was horrible...
Reply 6856
the ttd cookies on biscuit aisles are awesome, think i munched on half a box. lots of sugar in them though.
this murderous thing here http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/groceries/index.jsp?bmUID=1290428762750
Does anyone know how much the bonus is? Also i started working at sainsburys at the beginning of may will I still recieve it?
Reply 6858
Original post by AgentSushi
Does anyone know how much the bonus is? Also i started working at sainsburys at the beginning of may will I still recieve it?

Either 1, 2 or 3% on your annual salary depending on Sainsburys own financial results (which are looking VERY good atm) and your own stores results on MAC and MCM for the year. You'll get half of that if you joined midway through the year (before October I think), so 0.5, 1% or 1.5% for you :smile:

I might be wrong, but if I am I'm sure someone on here will correct me.
Original post by AgentSushi

i started in october last year and got a bonus of i think £150 this year.

the amount you get depends on your contracted hours (doesn't include overtime).

Latest

Trending

Trending