The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2480
Hey, what's everyone's Quadrant score on your phones? Mine's 1700 :p:

Have Qualcomm acquired alien tech or something? What they're claiming is insane.....
Theoretically they could probably do that by 2013 however I imagine that's provided your phone is plugged into a socket at all times. It's never been performance that has stopped chip makers it's efficiency. Since it's not like a laptop or Ps3 where it's always plugged in they have to make it super efficient.
10 inch Tablet for £250. Not bad specs, though I'd like some hands on at least.

LINKY = Advent Vega

Came out and is already sold out everywhere.
Original post by bigmo7

Original post by bigmo7

Have Qualcomm acquired alien tech or something? What they're claiming is insane.....

3100 some roms claim. Not tested my actual DHD.
Original post by bigmo7

362... :sad:

Still, considering how little I paid for my San Francisco and what I use it for, it's remarkable that it's up there with phones twice its price. :yep:
Reply 2485
Original post by Mad Vlad
362... :sad:

Still, considering how little I paid for my San Francisco and what I use it for, it's remarkable that it's up there with phones twice its price. :yep:

I'm thinking of buying one of those just to play around with the ROM and then give it to my sis when I get bored with it...they're only £99 or so.

I would have thought a techie like you would have a decent phone :p:
Original post by bigmo7

If a test fails to run in some ways, you can get hugely exaggerated results. It happens with the SGS if I remember rightly.

I'm getting 1139, on a Desire wih 2.2. Run it once or twice more for JIT to kick in and get a proper score, but what are you using, and how much have you overclocked it? I haven't seen anything released that should be getting those numbers.
Original post by bigmo7
I'm thinking of buying one of those just to play around with the ROM and then give it to my sis when I get bored with it...they're only £99 or so.

I would have thought a techie like you would have a decent phone :p:

It is a decent phone. :p: it does everything I need of it and more, on a tight budget (and do remember, that I am still a poor student... but with financial commitments, so I really don't have hundreds of pounds to be splashing around on luxuries!) and it punches well above its weight in terms of features and performance. It's like the old E2200 Core 2 Duos, very cheap, but you could overclock the nuts off them to get high end performance for tuppence ha'penny. And because of its price, it's become very popular in the modding community.
hmm wow 212 not so good methinks :colondollar:
Original post by iainvg
hmm wow 212 not so good methinks :colondollar:

What phone is this?
I get 394 with my Hero :colondollar:
Reply 2491
Original post by Evil Monkey
If a test fails to run in some ways, you can get hugely exaggerated results. It happens with the SGS if I remember rightly.

I'm getting 1139, on a Desire wih 2.2. Run it once or twice more for JIT to kick in and get a proper score, but what are you using, and how much have you overclocked it? I haven't seen anything released that should be getting those numbers.

Every test I've done gives about the same results, ~1700. My mate on his DHD gets ~1900. Using 2.2 and I converted the filesystem to ext2 cos rfs is pretty awful, my score is about the average on the xda forums although some of the new firmware is reporting around 2100.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2492
Original post by bigmo7

Rooted SGS with lagfix:

I couldn't believe the difference it made, Samsung really need to sort this out.
Reply 2493
Original post by Hawiz
Rooted SGS with lagfix:

I couldn't believe the difference it made, Samsung really need to sort this out.

Did you change the filesystem? I assume you did if you've done the lagfix?

It's really bad how much difference it makes though :sigh:
Original post by Mad Vlad
What phone is this?

Hero/G2 but then ive been having problems with it for a fair while
Reply 2495
Original post by bigmo7
Did you change the filesystem? I assume you did if you've done the lagfix?

It's really bad how much difference it makes though :sigh:

I rooted first, then installed "OneClickLagFix" from the android market. And yea, the SGS has some really nice hardware but Samsung have messed something up so it doesn't perform anywhere near it's maximum at stock.
Original post by Hawiz
I rooted first, then installed "OneClickLagFix" from the android market. And yea, the SGS has some really nice hardware but Samsung have messed something up so it doesn't perform anywhere near it's maximum at stock.

Would you say ur SGS is now as smooth as an iphone, in terms of scrolling etc?
Reply 2497
Original post by itsmyname
Would you say ur SGS is now as smooth as an iphone, in terms of scrolling etc?

I haven't got one so I can't compare accurately right now, but from my experiences with iphones yes it is just as smooth. I have froyo (android 2.2) though, some report much better results with 2.1. Either way it feels 100 times better than before. I ran the benchmark just before rooting, and got 500-600.
As if, only 1891. Devastated. Stupid phone where no OC kernels work :angry:
Edit:
Changing to only max cpu (1GHz exactly) only I get 2100.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=836259
Look at the attached thumbnail in the link....

Anddddd..... finally found an OC kernel that works with the CM port I am running, set it to 1.5GHz and BOOM! 2771!
(edited 13 years ago)
I want to leave android to see what WebOS is like...

Although I do like android I just want a change *whines*

*sigh* I have to wait a few years until I have monies.

Latest