The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tillytots
I know another person rejected for History with A*AA the other day :/

Gulp! That's rather scary... I got my questionnaire on the 22nd October and haven't heard anything since, so hoping that's a good sign, if anything! :s-smilie:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by manthew
Out of so many things.. tsk tsk :rolleyes: I'm Asian too, if this helps lol :biggrin::biggrin:

lmao =)
Reply 1302
Has anyone else heard from Psychology yet? Heard they are giving out questionairres. I emailed and asked them about my application as its been 6 weeks and they said to email after 4, and just got a reply saying its still being considered and i will hear soon :/
Reply 1303
Original post by whatsmyage
well when its you that gets rejected it's not gonna be all the life goes on crap.

Medical re-applicant here. If you get rejected, life goes on. You man up, crack open some beers, do what you need to do then re-evaluate your situation. Want a year out to gain more experience/maturity and reapply? Go for it! Want to take your back-up option and either stick with that career or go for graduate entry? Kudos to you! Either way, when **** hits the fan, you'd best clean up that fecking fan if you want to reapply again. No-one's going to give an offer to a ****-covered fan.
Reply 1304
Original post by jayjaybird33
It came in my emails

you know what i just realised? all linguistics interviews at cambridge are being held on the 6th.

reckon ucl might be using that date for internationals only, who won't be invited to the uk for anything else? because otherwise, how could they tell who had/ hadn't applied to cambridge as well? hmmm :curious:
Reply 1305
Original post by hannahmoore92
-

heard anything from ucl yet by the way? they're starting to email open day invites already, even though their first linguistics one clashes with cambridge ling interviews...

i think i just want to know they haven't forgotten about us :redface: i mean i wouldn't even mind if they sent me the dreaded questionnaire!

york have just started offering, got my first one for AAB the other day :smile: expect yours soonly!
BSc Economics
Accepted!
Offer- 39 IB points, 7 in M HL...
I'd choose LSE/Cambridge over UCL though. Hope they accept me :wink:
Reply 1307
Original post by nishadpotdar
BSc Economics
Accepted!
Offer- 39 IB points, 7 in M HL...
I'd choose LSE/Cambridge over UCL though. Hope they accept me :wink:

Congrats :biggrin: May I ask a question? Seeing that you're from India, are you paying a Home rate or International rate of tuition fee? :biggrin:
I'm a little late but can I be added to the list? :redface: Physics applicant here
Original post by Justbuildingmydam
I'm a little late but can I be added to the list? :redface: Physics applicant here

Have you received an offer, or just applied?
Original post by Beth_F
Has anyone else heard from Psychology yet? Heard they are giving out questionairres. I emailed and asked them about my application as its been 6 weeks and they said to email after 4, and just got a reply saying its still being considered and i will hear soon :/

I sent my application off 7 weeks and 4 days ago, and still no news. I don't want to email them though because I dred to think how many eager students they're going to get emailing saying 'why haven't I heard from you!?' ect ect.

I always say no news is good news, as they have given out a few rejections for psychology too. Fingers crossed eh? :redface:
Original post by TheSingingMute
Have you received an offer, or just applied?

Just applied. :smile: Is the list for offer-holders?
Just applied. :smile: Is the list for offer-holders?

I think OP has stopped filling in, but I think I've seen about 4 physics (straight) applicants so far. I've got ack but no offer
:redface:
I think OP has stopped filling in, but I think I've seen about 4 physics (straight) applicants so far. I've got ack but no offer

Ah, same. I was acked by email this morning and have since then become dangerously addicted to Track. When did you apply?
Original post by a daedalus
Life does go on >.> it's one university out of the 5 .. doesn't make sense to apply only to 'reach' universities.

I mean, there are hundreds of great universities out there. If you want to get into the top ones you have to take into account that your competition is going to be pretty harsh; you don't need to have the greatest recommendation/personal statement ever written but obviously if somebody with A*A*A* (or better) gets rejected then there was something seriously wrong.

If everybody was compared solely on the basis of their grades you'd get a huge bias towards the upper classes of society. I've heard, on TSR, of people with seriously good grades (10+ A*s at GCSE ... 4 or 5 A*s predicted and AS) and they bring stuff up like mentioning IQs in your personal statement. Obviously if you tell anybody at a university that your IQ, at 145, is above the 99.99% percentile, they will look at you as if you're an idiot. But it proves a point: some people just don't get that intelligence is only one component of your life. They're judging you on what you will bring to the school, not on how well you can memorize information.

And yeah it is only one essay. But heck, you have months to redraft it, talk about it with teachers, friends, parents, etc.. if you seriously mess up on it then it's your own fault.

couldn't agree more ...
:redface:

Ah, same. I was acked by email this morning and have since then become dangerously addicted to Track. When did you apply?

Applied 15th Nov, Ack 17th

Want offers!!
Applied 15th Nov, Ack 17th

Want offers!!

All the best :h:
All the best :h:

And to you =)
Original post by Soloman
um i mean that bath is really good fun according to some friends who go there, and im cautious about imperial because ive been told it has a reputation of being alot of hard work and not much fun like other unis

Yes, Imperial is very demanding which is why you a) should choose to study something that you enjoy and 2)will be very employable if you graduate from Imperial as it shows you are able to handle a high work load and can manage your time well.
Original post by Kobie
heard anything from ucl yet by the way? they're starting to email open day invites already, even though their first linguistics one clashes with cambridge ling interviews...

i think i just want to know they haven't forgotten about us :redface: i mean i wouldn't even mind if they sent me the dreaded questionnaire!

york have just started offering, got my first one for AAB the other day :smile: expect yours soonly!

I got an offer from York! Wheyy so happy :smile: Congrats on yours too!
UCL just emailed me saying:

"Thank you for returning the completed questionnaire, in which you demonstrated an interest in the approach to linguistics taken at UCL.

We will now hold your application until the end of January 2011, and will then get in touch to let you know the outcome of your application.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions in the meantime."

Maybe they didn't mention UCAS days because I've already done my A Levels??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending