Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by Freerider101
Did you take the exams in A2 maths then? And super sweet, although I doubt the interview will be anywhere near as intense as Oxford!!

Yup. My A2 Maths is more or less sorted. :smile: And yeah, the Oxford interview would be much harder, but I can use this as practice to get my words in the right order.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 521
Original post by thesnowman
I got 1 A* 10As and 1 B at GCSE , AABB at AS in Maths Geog Economics Physics, with an A2 module completed in geog early at 100%, so I've been predicted A*A*A (dropped physics)

What about you?

Why is geog a level so easy? everyone i know who does it say its **** aha.
Reply 522
International Relations and Global Issues :biggrin:
Original post by Wezzler
Why is geog a level so easy? everyone i know who does it say its **** aha.

Haha it's not that easy, it jus depends where your strengths are. At AS, the grade boundaries are really low, partly because a lot of people don't do well due to the level marking system, and because of the fact that its a pretty new syllabus.. The boundaries in A2 are higher though, presumably because the people that mess up most often drop it, even though the level marking affects your result even more in A2! If you have a really good essay writing technique and bare in mind the level marking nature, and can remember a load of case studies in detail, then you'll definately be fine!

I'm glad though that I did well in the three exams so far, now I just need a low D to get an A overall (aiming for an A* though of course :colondollar:)
Reply 524
Yo Guys.

I applied for Philosophy 2011.
Still waiting on a reply.

Set me a Pm or something if you wanna chat.
Or just quote me.
:smile:
Reply 525
Haha it's not that easy, it jus depends where your strengths are. At AS, the grade boundaries are really low, partly because a lot of people don't do well due to the level marking system, and because of the fact that its a pretty new syllabus.. The boundaries in A2 are higher though, presumably because the people that mess up most often drop it, even though the level marking affects your result even more in A2! If you have a really good essay writing technique and bare in mind the level marking nature, and can remember a load of case studies in detail, then you'll definately be fine!

I'm glad though that I did well in the three exams so far, now I just need a low D to get an A overall (aiming for an A* though of course :colondollar:)

fair enough but trust me history is hard!, i am just hoping that i can get a B in it tbh. Where else have you applied for econ?
Original post by Wezzler
fair enough but trust me history is hard!, i am just hoping that i can get a B in it tbh. Where else have you applied for econ?

Ahh, in History at AS i think only one person got an A in my year, the rest got C's D's and lower :s-smilie: I've heard it's really hard too! Good luck though I'm sure you can do it.

I've also applied to Bath (w/ year in industry), Bristol (w/ Econometrics), Birmingham and Surrey :smile:

What about you?
Reply 527
Ahh, in History at AS i think only one person got an A in my year, the rest got C's D's and lower :s-smilie: I've heard it's really hard too! Good luck though I'm sure you can do it.

I've also applied to Bath (w/ year in industry), Bristol (w/ Econometrics), Birmingham and Surrey :smile:

What about you?

Ye i got a solid B at AS and im gonna retake one in summer, so i should defo get a B. I'm applying to Notts (econ and international econ), Bristol (econ and accounting), Birmingham, Southampton and Leicester. 4 acknowledgements so far. good luck with your app.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by *snowflake*
Yay, someone else for English and Spanish :biggrin: Where else are you applying?

(Haha, woops, just realised Paparazzi just said this to you too :wink:)

Hey,
Can I just ask your predicted grades and AS grades?

I am worried Nottingham will reject me for English & Hispanics, I got BBBC for AS (English lang/history/spanish/biology) and am predicted AAB (dropped biology) with an A in extended project for AS.

Cheers, can PM me if you prefer :smile:
Original post by Wezzler
Ye i got a solid B at AS and im gonna retake one in summer, so i should defo get a B. I'm applying to Notts (econ and international econ), Bristol (econ and accounting), Birmingham, Southampton and Leicester. 4 acknowledgements so far. good luck with your app.

Oh right, well in that case with the retake an A isnt out of your reach either :smile: aim high! haha

And yeap I have 4 acknowledgements too, just Notts who haven't yet . Good luck to you too!
Reply 530
Do universities see all of your AS grades or do they only see your predicted grades and the AS e.g. A*AAb
Helloooo :smile:

I'm applying for Music, I think Nottingham's probably my second choice after York, but I'm still really hoping to get an offer.
I just sent my application off on Wednesday, so fingers crossed. :biggrin:
Original post by kthanki
Do universities see all of your AS grades or do they only see your predicted grades and the AS e.g. A*AAb

I assume they'll see all of your AS grades, as you have to put them on ucas as well as your predicted grades... :smile:
Reply 533
My school told me that I didn't have to put my 4 AS grades on UCAS, only the one I had banked, so did I do something wrong?
Reply 534
Original post by kthanki
My school told me that I didn't have to put my 4 AS grades on UCAS, only the one I had banked, so did I do something wrong?

depends if they where cashed in, i suppose, :confused: which would be confusing cause then you would have 1 AS grade to your name
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 535
What I mean is that all I had to write down was the AS that I had dropped and write down my predictions for the other 3 subjects I had carried on. Also hope I get into nottingham. Really want a reply. Applied 9th november for Finance, Accounting and Management!!
Original post by LadyTee20
well done! how long after you applied did you get the offer? I've applied for Bsc psychology and all i've recived is an ackowledgement :s i'm getting really impatient now lol

I sent my UCAS off on the 20th of October and got my offer on the 19th of November. I know the wait is sooo frustrating. But I've someone on here who applied just a few days after me for EXACTLY the same course and they haven't heard back from them. I was quite surprised really because seeing as it's such a popular course at such a popular uni I thought they wouldn't reply till like January. Anyway, don't worry your time will come :smile: good luck!
Reply 537
I'm applying for Psychology, and Psychology and Cognitive Neuroscience! It's going to be my first choice I think. :smile:
Original post by kthanki

No you've done the right thing I think. I didn't even put the one I had done at AS and not continued to A2 as my school sorted that bit out for me.
Reply 539
I have an offer for History! Yay :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest