The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary on University Challenge

Does Queen Mary participate on University Challenge?

Scroll to see replies

Well, I think every University gets invited to enter, but not all necessarily qualify for the televised rounds. So, I imagine they enter, but I can't recall having seen them on it in the last few years.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
We should form a team :ahee:
Reply 3
Track down a Mr Darren McGuinness (not difficult). He tried to form a team last year or the year before. He'll get you a bunch of details.
Reply 4
I'd love to represent QMUL on University Challenge. Sadly I know absolutely nothing, though.
Good contribution there.
Reply 6
I've asked this question before, no one seems to know why we don't enter. You'd think that with the efforts to make the uni one of the top in the country this would be something they'd jump on for publicity.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
I've always thought this!

There seems to be at least four of us here, why don't we do it next year? Apparently Granada send out invertations to every uni about christmas time.

Any takers for setting up a team this year?
Original post by .Scout.
I'd love to represent QMUL on University Challenge. Sadly I know absolutely nothing, though.

LOL this cracked me up for some reason. Good post.
I totally want to do this too!
i was on the team two years ago, the team didnt get far.
Reply 11
Original post by TheBrightShadow
i was on the team two years ago, the team didnt get far.

How did you go about entering it?
TSR team anyone?
Original post by ajp100688
How did you go about entering it?

an email was sent around for the qualifying round...they asked 40 questions ( i think they were set by the university challenge people) and the top10 were chosen. that is two teams of 4 + 1 reserve.

the quality of applicants were very low...
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Nickiki
I've always thought this!

There seems to be at least four of us here, why don't we do it next year? Apparently Granada send out invertations to every uni about christmas time.

Any takers for setting up a team this year?

I think it's sooner as here in Leicester we have people trying to qualify to represent Leicester Uni on University Challenge over the next two days.
Reply 15
I guess QMUL has decided to avoid a thrashing then. I don't know why we're not entering though, throw together a couple arts students and a couple science students and we could at least beat the University of East London :biggrin:
Original post by ajp100688
I guess QMUL has decided to avoid a thrashing then. I don't know why we're not entering though, throw together a couple arts students and a couple science students and we could at least beat the University of East London :biggrin:

Of course it could be to get a team for the qualifiers. Still try and form one, ask around!
if anyone is serious, ill give them the email for the person who organized it last time
:laugh: What a coincidence that someone brought up University Challenge to me yesterday night? It'd be really good to see a QMUL University Challenge team. :biggrin:
Reply 19
Problem solved! Turns out QM have been banned from University Challenge for 10 years after having a fight with the LSE. They are now allowed to participate...

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=170098939689838

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending