The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary 2011 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JH-QC
Don't worry you'll get one :smile: especially if you were at the open day - UCAS is probably just taking forever. I got the track update email on my phone and nearly had a nervous breakdown praying that it wasn't a rejection from UCL!

EDIT: Yes, straight law :biggrin:

OMG!!!! I got the email on my phone too and started thinking it was a rejection from UCL too. I was soooooo scared I nearly broke down on the bus!
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 461
Original post by SpriteOrSevenUp

OMG!!!! I got the email on my phone too and started thinking it was a rejection from UCL too. I was soooooo scared I nearly broke down on the bus!

Grrr I know it's so scary when you get them! They could at least give you a heads up on what kind of news it is haha, instead of just saying 'something has changed on your application' :rolleyes:
Have you done your LNAT yet? I'm getting really nervous cos they've had my app+ LNAT for a while now so I'm just hoping and praying and hoping some more that it's good news I haven't heard from them yet!
Reply 462
Original post by JH-QC
Told you you'd get one :tongue: Yes it is for people they're interested in, the admissions guy told us, and my offer came through today finally!

Ahh I know! I'm so on edge cos I keep hearing of people being rejected from UCL for sub-par LNAT scores, and they've had my application for a month now and I did my LNAT on the 9th nov, so I keep worrying that it's going to be me next :frown:

Saw your post earlier on and emailed you :P! People they're interested in? :O So that means they could still potentially reject us :frown: x
Original post by JH-QC
Told you you'd get one :tongue: Yes it is for people they're interested in, the admissions guy told us, and my offer came through today finally!

Ahh I know! I'm so on edge cos I keep hearing of people being rejected from UCL for sub-par LNAT scores, and they've had my application for a month now and I did my LNAT on the 9th nov, so I keep worrying that it's going to be me next :frown:

ditto for both of these points...
finally got an offer from QMUL through today <3 and still waiting on UCL, my application went in to UCAS on 11th October and I did my LNAT around October 15th, but still haven't heard anything from UCL :|
Reply 464
Ive applied for biomedical science :biggrin:
Original post by JH-QC
Grrr I know it's so scary when you get them! They could at least give you a heads up on what kind of news it is haha, instead of just saying 'something has changed on your application' :rolleyes:
Have you done your LNAT yet? I'm getting really nervous cos they've had my app+ LNAT for a while now so I'm just hoping and praying and hoping some more that it's good news I haven't heard from them yet!

Haha I'm glad I have someone to share this entire UCL heartache with :P The only two universities I have left to hear from (UCL & LSE) probably won't even send an offer now. Sooooo, if I receive ANY emails from UCAs it is most probably a rejection :frown:

I sat my LNAT on like the 4th of November, and I reckon I flopped the entire thing tbh. Hopefully my over-opinionated essay compensates for such a low score in the MCQ, but that is very unlikely!

When did you sit the LNAT & send off your form? At the moment I guess no news is good news, as they're only probably rejecting applicants :frown:

EDIT: Ok I saw that you sat your LNAT on the 9th. When did you send off your form and how did the exam go?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 466
Original post by Kaskade
Saw your post earlier on and emailed you :P! People they're interested in? :O So that means they could still potentially reject us :frown: x

No it's for people they're making offers to, it says so on their website :smile: ah right cool I'll mail you back right after I've done my maths homework :rolleyes:

Original post by andrea1992
ditto for both of these points...
finally got an offer from QMUL through today &lt;3 and still waiting on UCL, my application went in to UCAS on 11th October and I did my LNAT around October 15th, but still haven't heard anything from UCL :|

Wow that's ages! It's probably good news for you then :smile:

Haha I'm glad I have someone to share this entire UCL heartache with :P The only two universities I have left to hear from (UCL &amp; LSE) probably won't even send an offer now. Sooooo, if I receive ANY emails from UCAs it is most probably a rejection :frown:

I sat my LNAT on like the 4th of November, and I reckon I flopped the entire thing tbh. Hopefully my over-opinionated essay compensates for such a low score in the MCQ, but that is very unlikely!

When did you sit the LNAT &amp; send off your form? At the moment I guess no news is good news, as they're only probably rejecting applicants :frown:

EDIT: Ok I saw that you sat your LNAT on the 9th. When did you send off your form and how did the exam go?

I sent my app on 22nd Oct, so a month ago but I figure if they get LNAT results straight after you sit it then they've still had it for some time. I thought (hope) it went quite well, by the time I sat it I'd got in the mindset of how the questions work I think so I did the process of elimination for most of the MCQs; just hoping that it worked cos I'm dying to go to either UCL or King's!! Essay went alright but not amazing, only just finished in time and didn't make that many points but I put my opinion across so I'm hoping it was decent! Aghhh I can't stand the waiting :frown: then again I don't really want to hear because it would be a rejection at this point :rolleyes:
Original post by JH-QC
No it's for people they're making offers to, it says so on their website :smile: ah right cool I'll mail you back right after I've done my maths homework :rolleyes:

I sent my app on 22nd Oct, so a month ago but I figure if they get LNAT results straight after you sit it then they've still had it for some time. I thought (hope) it went quite well, by the time I sat it I'd got in the mindset of how the questions work I think so I did the process of elimination for most of the MCQs; just hoping that it worked cos I'm dying to go to either UCL or King's!! Essay went alright but not amazing, only just finished in time and didn't make that many points but I put my opinion across so I'm hoping it was decent! Aghhh I can't stand the waiting :frown: then again I don't really want to hear because it would be a rejection at this point :rolleyes:

OMG I sent my UCAS form on the exact same date ahah! Coincidental or what!!?!? Yeah I ended up eliminating answers which I thought were wrong on the MCQ. I even ran out of time and had to guess the end ones :frown: Since they've had our LNAT scores for some time, I'm hoping that we're in the clear and may receive offers. I'm not sure though because it's only been a couple of weeks.

I've heard of some people on TSR being rejected based on their LNAT scores though and that's not reassuring :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
OMG I sent my UCAS form on the exact same date ahah! Coincidental or what!!?!? Yeah I ended up eliminating answers which I thought were wrong for on MCQ. I even ran out of time and had to guess the end ones :frown: Since they've had our LNAT scores for some time, I'm hoping that we're in the clear and may receive offers. I'm not sure though because it's only been a couple of weeks.

I've heard of some people on TSR being rejected based on their LNAT scores though and that's not reassuring :frown:

It is but the people that were rejected on the basis of their LNAT were rejected fairly instantly (I've heard that UCL are pretty clear about what score they want), so if your application was sent off more than a month ago, I'd say that you've probably reached their required LNAT standard (at least that's what I'm telling myself - application sent on 1st October!).

I heard that they started making offers around November/December time last year, so not too long now. Funnily it coincides with the Oxford interview offers and I'm waiting to hear from QMUL soon too, so the next few weeks are going to be SCARY for me!
Original post by LornaSandison1
It is but the people that were rejected on the basis of their LNAT were rejected fairly instantly (I've heard that UCL are pretty clear about what score they want), so if your application was sent off more than a month ago, I'd say that you've probably reached their required LNAT standard (at least that's what I'm telling myself - application sent on 1st October!).

I heard that they started making offers around November/December time last year, so not too long now. Funnily it coincides with the Oxford interview offers and I'm waiting to hear from QMUL soon too, so the next few weeks are going to be SCARY for me!

OMG You have officially made my night :smile: WOWOWOW! This sounds good. Thank you so much :biggrin: Even if it isn't true, it's put my mind at ease tonight ahaha.

I heard that UCL often places their interview dates on the same days as Oxbridge to see who is serious about attending their university. I don't know how reliable this is, but you never know...at least they don't interview all m100 candidates :smile:

Did you go to the QM opening day on Weds 17th? If so your offer should come shortly.
Reply 470

OMG I sent my UCAS form on the exact same date ahah! Coincidental or what!!?!? Yeah I ended up eliminating answers which I thought were wrong for on MCQ. I even ran out of time and had to guess the end ones :frown: Since they've had our LNAT scores for some time, I'm hoping that we're in the clear and may receive offers. I'm not sure though because it's only been a couple of weeks.

Haha, what a coincidence :biggrin: aww that sucks, how many questions did you end up rushing?

That's what I think, if they saw that our scores weren't good enough for them surely they would have just put rejections through? I've seen the rejection posts but just realllllyyyyy hope I still have a chance and that they have already viewed my application
Original post by JH-QC
Haha, what a coincidence :biggrin: aww that sucks, how many questions did you end up rushing?

That's what I think, if they saw that our scores weren't good enough for them surely they would have just put rejections through? I've seen the rejection posts but just realllllyyyyy hope I still have a chance and that they have already viewed my application

That's the only thing which is in the back of my mind. After the end of this month, if I haven't heard anything from them then it may mean that my LNAT score was average or above. However, it's only been like 16 days, so I don't think we're entirely clear yet.

Let's just hope we don't hear anything from them in the next month or so :biggrin:
Dayummm there's too much people doing law here!lol. Where all the biological people at?
Reply 473

That's the only thing which is in the back of my mind. After the end of this month, if I haven't heard anything from them then it may mean that my LNAT score was average or above. However, it's only been like 16 days, so I don't think we're entirely clear yet.

Let's just hope we don't hear anything from them in the next month or so :biggrin:

Well, unless it's an offer :wink: Yeah I agree though, I hope they leave it for a while longer just so it's more likely it's good news.
Reply 474
Original post by nofrills
English offer eeee! anyone else?

Snap! 340 points? Congrats! Though offer from email not track
OMG You have officially made my night :smile: WOWOWOW! This sounds good. Thank you so much :biggrin: Even if it isn't true, it's put my mind at ease tonight ahaha.

I heard that UCL often places their interview dates on the same days as Oxbridge to see who is serious about attending their university. I don't know how reliable this is, but you never know...at least they don't interview all m100 candidates :smile:

Did you go to the QM opening day on Weds 17th? If so your offer should come shortly.

Yeah I did, and thanks, I'm hoping so too :smile:

And I don't know about the whole same days as Oxbridge thing, but that's not really very ice is it!? :s-smilie: They don't tend to interview M100 candidates anyway, only the people who want to do a year abroad (like me! :biggrin:).
Reply 476
Original post by JH-QC

Ahhhhh happyyyyyyyyyy :smile:
Reply 477
Original post by The Cornerstone
Dayummm there's too much people doing law here!lol. Where all the biological people at?

haha Ive applied to do biomedical science at QM, I never realised it was so popular for law
Reply 478
Got an email telling me I have an offer for English after the interview last week :biggrin: !
Original post by Greek-BBQ
haha Ive applied to do biomedical science at QM, I never realised it was so popular for law

I applied for Psychology and science foundation year (separate choices). I think there was an open day for law. Probably why so many are talking about it:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending