The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by LukethePianoMan
I don't think mine has done the disappearing thing yet!
Congratulations anyway!
I need maths and physics As too
what about you?

Ah, I see :smile: I need A's in maths, biology and either my chemistry or geography, and then the AS on top of that. I thought they would be dishing out A* offers tbh...that was the impression I got from an open day anyway :confused: But still, happy days. Providing my offer hasn't dissapeared for good that is!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 1181
I was told by my school to only put the AS I had banked onto UCAS, do they put the rest of the AS grades on or do the university only see the predictions and the AS you dropped?
Reply 1182
Original post by kthanki
I was told by my school to only put the AS I had banked onto UCAS, do they put the rest of the AS grades on or do the university only see the predictions and the AS you dropped?

I think theyll see whatever you/ your referee typed onto your UCAS form, so if you didnt add it and put pending or whatever they won't see it
Reply 1183
anyone got an offer for economics, and if so, what is it :smile:?
Reply 1184
Original post by adam0311
Talk about lucky! Castle w/ an open application, that's a score!

indeed :smile: i am very excited!
Original post by OhNo_23
Ah, I see :smile: I need A's in maths, biology and either my chemistry or geography, and then the AS on top of that. I thought they would be dishing out A* offers tbh...that was the impression I got from an open day anyway :confused: But still, happy days. Providing my offer hasn't dissapeared for good that is!

My offer still hasn't disappeared :smile:
I don't think they are giving out any A* offers which is a relief!
Though the A in further maths is still pretty tricky to get, so I'm gonna have to work hard to get it!
Have you started revising?
Reply 1186
Original post by sentiment
May I be pesky and irritating and ask about your grades and blah blah blah? Since I got my first rejection I'm feeling a bit insecure about GCSEs/AS grades. Congrats by the way! You must be so happy.

Well last year i was rejected from durham with predicted A*A*A* at a level... I ended up only getting AAA at A level this year (due to a lot of crappy family stuff :-/) and I got 4A*s 5 As and 2 Bs at GCSE and I got AAAC at A/S level.

Last year i wrote a crappy personal statement, this year mine was really good, due to all the experience and knowledge I gained throughout the year. yeah Im over the moon thanks, I've got 3 offers even though I sent off my application a week and a half ago :biggrin:
Reply 1187
Original post by Ross_D93

my friend received an economics offer last week - AAA i think it was. i'm still awaiting politics :/
Original post by treyno
Well last year i was rejected from durham with predicted A*A*A* at a level... I ended up only getting AAA at A level this year (due to a lot of crappy family stuff :-/) and I got 4A*s 5 As and 2 Bs at GCSE and I got AAAC at A/S level.

Last year i wrote a crappy personal statement, this year mine was really good, due to all the experience and knowledge I gained throughout the year. yeah Im over the moon thanks, I've got 3 offers even though I sent off my application a week and a half ago :biggrin:

Wow nice one, I've had one offer and one rejection so far but Durham is the prize at the moment..did you mention circumstances in your personal statement? Mine was probably less manicured than it was last year but I'm hoping it won't be a problem. Is Durham your favourite? And which college did you choose?
Original post by Ross_D93

Got my offer last week. Conditions: 37 IB Points with 5 in HL Mathematics. I believe the A-Level conditions are AAA?
Original post by potatonater
I have an offer for Geog :smile:

Ooh well done, agh I'm jealous! What was the offer, which college have you applied to, what are your AS grades & predicted grades, blah blah, you get my drift :smile:
has anyone got an offer for mathematics?
Reply 1192
Original post by sentiment
Wow nice one, I've had one offer and one rejection so far but Durham is the prize at the moment..did you mention circumstances in your personal statement? Mine was probably less manicured than it was last year but I'm hoping it won't be a problem. Is Durham your favourite? And which college did you choose?

Yeah, only like one line something like "despite a difficult family life..." and accompanied it with a letter explain what happened and why/how it affected my studies etc. Yeah Durham is my favourite with Bristol being my second, I got an offer from both of those within the space of 5 mins which surprised me! But the departmental open days in Feb/March will decide which one to go to for me :smile:

I applied to Josephine Butler, purely because of the self catering aspect and the single room too. And it's a stones throw away from Politics lectures too.

What have you applied to do?
Has anyone called/emailed about the UCAS glitch from Friday?
Reply 1194
I just got an offer for Biomedical Science :smile: Yay!!!!
Original post by sandfishes
Ooh, please tell me what they say if you do call! The exact same thing happened to me.

Hey i called up and they said it was just a tech problem. I got an email from admissions saying the same thing just now! so all is fine!
Reply 1196
Original post by LukethePianoMan
My offer still hasn't disappeared :smile:
I don't think they are giving out any A* offers which is a relief!
Though the A in further maths is still pretty tricky to get, so I'm gonna have to work hard to get it!
Have you started revising?

They sent me an email today to say it was a technical error...phew :smile: Panic over ha. Erm, I've sort of started on my biology and chemistry. I'm trying to do little bits every night. What about you?
Original post by OhNo_23
They sent me an email today to say it was a technical error...phew :smile: Panic over ha. Erm, I've sort of started on my biology and chemistry. I'm trying to do little bits every night. What about you?

Ah thats good then, we still all have our offers!
I have just been revising maths as I need an A* in that
Original post by treyno
Yeah, only like one line something like "despite a difficult family life..." and accompanied it with a letter explain what happened and why/how it affected my studies etc. Yeah Durham is my favourite with Bristol being my second, I got an offer from both of those within the space of 5 mins which surprised me! But the departmental open days in Feb/March will decide which one to go to for me :smile:

I applied to Josephine Butler, purely because of the self catering aspect and the single room too. And it's a stones throw away from Politics lectures too.

What have you applied to do?

That's great, Bristol rejected me for Politics! Must have been personal statement or something which seems a bit mad but nevermind. I applied to Castle for single honours Politics, it's my second choice after Cambridge but getting in there is so unlikely that Durham is pretty much my top choice hahah. The only downside of Durham is that it is so so far from where I live, but other than that it's perfect. I hoooope they don't reject me, I'll cry :frown: Hahah.
[email protected]
Dear Applicant

We have identified a technical problem today which means that details of some of our conditional offers have disappeared from UCAS track.

If this has affected your record, please accept our sincere apologies and be reassured that your conditional offer from us still stands. Staff in our technical team are currently working on the problem to ensure that your conditions are restored on UCAS Track as quickly as possible.

We hope that this work will be completed by the end of this week. If you have any queries after this date regarding the terms of your offer, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0191 334 6128 or by e-mail at [email protected]

Kind regards

Liz Dodds
Head of Admissions
Durham University

Quoted for attention

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)

Latest