Typical interview questions for Computer Science? Watch

irepislam
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I have an interview with Surrey and Manchester, was just wondering.. apart from why you want to study computer science, and what it is, what are some typical interview questions for this course?

any help is appreciated, thanks in advance
Tumpelo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Do you have a life outside of the computer screen?
irepislam
Rep:
?
Any serious responses?
taliman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
why you want to study computer science at our university?
irepislam
Rep:
?
(Original post by taliman)
why you want to study computer science at our university?
mentioned that in the OP
Coda
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by irepislam)
I have an interview with Surrey and Manchester, was just wondering.. apart from why you want to study computer science, and what it is, what are some typical interview questions for this course?

any help is appreciated, thanks in advance
Problem solving questions. Have you studied D1 in Maths yet? Or anything like a bubble sort? They might ask you to describe how this works.. Things like that..

Be prepared to answer questions on anything you've stated in your PS. Including books etc.
Refrigerator
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Logic related question's I'm guessing. Because they don't expect you to have prior knowledge of programming etc. (although it helps).
amie05
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My interview for manchester was very general, you could guide it in which ever way you wanted. It's also a post offer interview, well it was last year, so it doesn't really make any difference how you do in it. Don't worry about it at all, it's very informal.
katiemac_q7
Report 8 years ago
Hi I had an interview at manchester last year, but it was more of a walk around the building get given a talk on the content of the course then an interview. That wasnt too stressing the questions were friendly and in no way difficult, dont stress about it I think its so you can get a feel for the place too more than they want to grill you
MickyT
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I had an interview at imperial last year and they only asked my two questions.

The first was a maths one something like:
If I have a normal clock where both the hands are ontop of eachother pointing at the number 3 (ie the time is 3:15 and both hands are ontop of eachother) what is the next time the hands will be positioned ontop of each other.

The second was about the bubble sort, (I told him I did D1 and we got onto sorting).
He asked for me to explain the algorithm. and then once I had explained it he asked me to calculate the complexity of it.

Wasn't too bad.
Oh my Ms. Coffey
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Are you a virgin?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (74)
13.73%
Yes - a food allergy (58)
10.76%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.78%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (15)
2.78%
No (377)
69.94%

Watched Threads