The Student Room Group

Hull York Medical School Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
I think the only preferences you can do is either if your brother or sister goes to either Hull or York, or if you live close. Other than that it is random and you cannot choose where you go. I think its on their website somewhere :smile:
Reply 121
Original post by ?!master?!mini?!
Week beginning 22NOV hasn't started yet :beard:

You can't argue with this straight from their website:

"UCAS form reading is now complete and invitations to interviews will be processed in batches, with invitations to interview on 8th December going out in the week commencing 22nd November."

http://www.hyms.ac.uk/undergraduate/admissions-team.aspx

So i think someone is telling porkies :biggrin:

I swear. I sent reply and have their confirmation.can pm you copy of email. there are plenty of other interview dates so no worries if not heard yet. unis seem to allocate dates randomly as well
(edited 13 years ago)
Update from the HYMS website:
Hull-York Medical School
Invitations to interview on 8th December are now going out (19th November) and the remainder will be processed over the next week. All applicants for 2011 entry will hear with a decision no later than 10th December. Sample interview questions will be available to view on this website from Wednesday 24th November.

So not long left to hear about all the other interview dates.. Getting excited and nervous now :s-smilie:
Original post by conorcd
I swear. I sent reply and have their confirmation.can pm you copy of email. there are plenty of other interview dates so no worries if not heard yet. unis seem to allocate dates randomly as well

They've changed their website to 19 NOV :beard: :biggrin:
Reply 124
Are all fellow interviewees for the 8th in York?
Reply 125
If you get an offer from them and firm it then you can state your preference of campus in may or something. If however you put them as an insurance then you choose in August and are obviously less likely to get allocated to your choice
Reply 126
Original post by tome27
Are all fellow interviewees for the 8th in York?

I am. luckily am only an hour away by train.
Reply 127
Original post by conorcd
I am. luckily am only an hour away by train.

I have no idea how long it'll take for me to get there. May well be driving - coming from north west. Few hours only though.
Reply 128
Original post by tome27
I have no idea how long it'll take for me to get there. May well be driving - coming from north west. Few hours only though.

think I would be too nervous to drive. luckily my train fare is only 20 return and direct train. I go first class there so plenty of room. don't care how squashed I am on way back
Reply 129
Original post by Eddie91

Original post by Eddie91
If you get an offer from them and firm it then you can state your preference of campus in may or something. If however you put them as an insurance then you choose in August and are obviously less likely to get allocated to your choice

This must be something new as when I applied last year it was completely random allocation but only some people could choose: campus allocation

this link shows that it is still random allocation
Reply 130
good luck to you all. On the 8th is an SSC day for us (which we should have completed before this) so you probably won't see many 1st years around.
Reply 131
Original post by trektor
good luck to you all. On the 8th is an SSC day for us (which we should have completed before this) so you probably won't see many 1st years around.

any advice? are they friendly or good interviewer/bad interviewer. I've only ever had really pleasant interviewers. not sure what I'd do if someone really argued with me!
Reply 132
Original post by conorcd

Original post by conorcd
any advice? are they friendly or good interviewer/bad interviewer. I've only ever had really pleasant interviewers. not sure what I'd do if someone really argued with me!

essentially this: http://www.hyms.ac.uk/undergraduate/selection-procedure.aspx. The interviewers are pleasant but they may further question somethings that you say. Nothing to worry about and you will have student representatives with you that give you a tour, talk to you beforehand, and generally put you at ease. Other than that just good interview technique will do you well
Reply 133
Original post by trektor
essentially this: http://www.hyms.ac.uk/undergraduate/selection-procedure.aspx. The interviewers are pleasant but they may further question somethings that you say. Nothing to worry about and you will have student representatives with you that give you a tour, talk to you beforehand, and generally put you at ease. Other than that just good interview technique will do you well

Thanks.
Reply 134
When the letter came through and it went on about the things other than interview and needing outdoor clothing my mum now thinks we're gonna be put through an assault course! I doubt that, otherwise I'd be even more screwed :wink:.
Hey guys. I was just wondering if any graduates have received an invitation for an interview yet?
Reply 136
10th december latest. not too long of waiting left then eh.... i am so stressed from all the waiting and email address checking!! 3 out of my 4 unis have now started giving out interviews, and i havent heard ANYTHING :frown: :frown: people who have got interviews for HYMS, can you tell me your grades, ukcat etc for comparison please? thanks
Reply 137
I'll oblige this classic TSR thing

You are one click away from my A levels, GCSEs and UKCAT - on profile.
I would stress we don't really know how the UCAS score out of 50 is weighted - is is academic or very towards ECs or just your development of points.
We know how the UKCAT is used but are points differences between candidates large or small? This will show how much weight the UKCAT really has.
Obviously the better your stats the better your chances but I'd guess a modern school using PBL to some level like Hull York would, as the trend goes, put a good weight on things other than grades and UKCAT - so don't fret over these things. You may not be in the first few batches, that's all.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by MedicalMaverick9
Hey guys. I was just wondering if any graduates have received an invitation for an interview yet?

Hey sorry for the late reply. I am a graduate and have an interview on the 8th Dec!
Original post by katiej149
Hey sorry for the late reply. I am a graduate and have an interview on the 8th Dec!

Hey Katie. Congrats on the interview! I hope you don't mind me asking but whats are your grades like and how much work experience did you get etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending