The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
i sent my sociology app to nottingham on 28th of october got an offer on the 19th of november.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Kinesthetic
Hey,
Can I just ask your predicted grades and AS grades?

I am worried Nottingham will reject me for English & Hispanics, I got BBBC for AS (English lang/history/spanish/biology) and am predicted AAB (dropped biology) with an A in extended project for AS.

Cheers, can PM me if you prefer :smile:

Hey, I'll just quote you here :smile:
I got AAAAB at AS and am predicted A*A*A (with EPQ as well). I'm sure you'll be fine, your grades are higher than the required ABB! And yayy another person for this course :biggrin:
offer for european politics!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 543
WTF noone else doing sociology at Notts next year?????
Reply 544
Original post by Kai.
Yo Guys.

I applied for Philosophy 2011.
Still waiting on a reply.

Set me a Pm or something if you wanna chat.
Or just quote me.
:smile:

Philosophy department is amazing. Like just the building. Woah.
I'm sure the course is awesome as well, I was too busy staring at the marble.
Reply 545
hi everyone, i'm just trying to choose (quickly) between sheffield and nottingham. does anyone know anything about accommodation applications for nottingham? it says on the website that you are only guaranteed accommodation if you put it as your firm choice! and i'm not sure if it would be my firm. does that mean i wouldn't get accommodation or would i just get the worst accommodation? and is any of nottingham's accommodation bad? because i've heard it's all realllly nice. thank you!
Original post by samcoe
hi everyone, i'm just trying to choose (quickly) between sheffield and nottingham. does anyone know anything about accommodation applications for nottingham? it says on the website that you are only guaranteed accommodation if you put it as your firm choice! and i'm not sure if it would be my firm. does that mean i wouldn't get accommodation or would i just get the worst accommodation? and is any of nottingham's accommodation bad? because i've heard it's all realllly nice. thank you!

Accomodation Application opens in March and you can only apply for them if you have Nott as your firm. The accomodation is on first come first serve basis. Though I know some people who didn't get their first choice but if you wanted to apply for Self-catered e.g. in BPG or SPC, then you will be able to apply directly to them earlier than march. On the other hand, you can apply for Sheffield accomodation even when you have it as your insurance.

I don't think you will get the "worst" accomodation because I think that the accomodation people would try to allocate you in the best possible available spaces.

Personally, I don't really know much about Nottingham's accomodation on campus at the moment but I don't see any of them being really bad...expensive but not too bad.
Reply 547
Just got an offer from Nottingham for Engineering!! :smile:

Still no idea where it ranks in my list though...
Reply 548
Original post by Wanischa
Accomodation Application opens in March and you can only apply for them if you have Nott as your firm. The accomodation is on first come first serve basis. Though I know some people who didn't get their first choice but if you wanted to apply for Self-catered e.g. in BPG or SPC, then you will be able to apply directly to them earlier than march. On the other hand, you can apply for Sheffield accomodation even when you have it as your insurance.

I don't think you will get the "worst" accomodation because I think that the accomodation people would try to allocate you in the best possible available spaces.

Personally, I don't really know much about Nottingham's accomodation on campus at the moment but I don't see any of them being really bad...expensive but not too bad.

thank you! what're bpg and spc?
Reply 549
Just got an offer for Mechanical Engineering :woo: anyone else? (First Choice)
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by samcoe
thank you! what're bpg and spc?

BGP is Broadgate Park, a self-catered residence right outside University Park. Runs by UPP.

SPC is St.Peter's Court also a self-catered residence, slightly cheaper than BGP but only have en-suite. It's near Jubilee Campus in Radford (rougher area of Nottingham). Runs by UNITE.
Reply 551
Original post by Wanischa
BGP is Broadgate Park, a self-catered residence right outside University Park. Runs by UPP.

SPC is St.Peter's Court also a self-catered residence, slightly cheaper than BGP but only have en-suite. It's near Jubilee Campus in Radford (rougher area of Nottingham). Runs by UNITE.

oh so are they just independent from the uni? what is the difference between them and the others? sorry to be a pain!
Reply 552
Just recieved 2 conditional offers for Nottingham :smile: applied 9th Nov, recieved offer 23rd Nov!

AAB -Classical Civilisation (Single honors)
ABB/AAC - Classical Civilisation and Art History (Joint honors)

Putting it as my fim (the single honours) and uni of Leeds as back-up!

Also want to stay in broadgate park, anyone else similar?
xxxxx
Reply 553
Original post by pixiebot
Philosophy department is amazing. Like just the building. Woah.
I'm sure the course is awesome as well, I was too busy staring at the marble.

Yeh I loved that building, and the Campus in general. I think it's definitley the best looking out of all the ones i've seen. It also had the best course introduction out of all the ones I saw, so as you can probably tell i'm pretty smitten by the place. :colondollar:
Original post by samcoe
oh so are they just independent from the uni? what is the difference between them and the others? sorry to be a pain!

Yep they are.
Do you mean the difference between them and the ones on Campus? Or something else?

If you check on the Nottingham website and look on their accomodation bit, they will tell you the list of all the accomodation around the University.

BGP and SPC are different from the ones on campus because they are not run by university.
SPC is also shared with NTU students.

Only the accomodation on campus are catered.
Reply 555
I got an offer for Maths and Economics! woooooooo :smile:
Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine hopefully! :-)

Goodluck to all!
Philosophy and French - ABB
Insurance sorted
Graphic design :biggrin:
Got an offer today for Chinese and German :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending