Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1200
Original post by OMGWTFBBQ
Quoted for attention

Spoiler

Yeah, I got that earlier hahahas thanks anyway.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by adam0311
Well at least you didn't have to watch the michigan wisconsin game :mad:

That's funny, I only lived there from 2 to 10...so missed out on all the stereotypes. Although I ran into a huge group from carmel about a year ago, and picked up on that.

Now that there's a midwestern girl who plays dodgeball, Durham is definitely my firm :smile:.

I'm 90% positive I'll end up at Durham. LSE (even if they give me an offer) can't compete with the experience I'll have. And since I'm set on working in London upon graduation, I'd rather live in London where I'll have my own income and can actually enjoy the city.

Holy crap, we have to start a dodgeball team.:biggrin: But I'm also taking bowling at the moment (because I'm a Senior and I do what I want:cool:), and my average is steadily climbing...

Yeah, I think Durham is pretty much it for me, unless Cambridge gives me an offer. But even then, I don't know if I'd say yes.:s-smilie:
Original post by alphaeta08
Yeah, I think Durham is pretty much it for me, unless Cambridge gives me an offer. But even then, I don't know if I'd say yes.:s-smilie:

At last someone understand what it is actually like! I'm exactly in the same situation.
Holy crap, we have to start a dodgeball team

As a fellow American I feel compelled to jump in and say that dodgeball was a staple of my middle/high school PE experience and you can put me down as the third member of this team haha.
Got an offer of ABB for Business Finance. Very happy. :smile:
So I got an unconditional offer for History through UCAS on Friday... seeing as my campus code said "U" I presumed I was in to Castle, plus my AES changed to say a decision had been made - so it's not just that the department has made a decision, but a college has too.

However, Durham just emailed to say congrats on my offer, and they'd let me know my college soon.

So... I guess I have to temporarily suspend the rejoicing? Does this mean I'm not necessarily in at Castle? Their system confuses me!
Reply 1206
Original post by sentiment
That's great, Bristol rejected me for Politics! Must have been personal statement or something which seems a bit mad but nevermind. I applied to Castle for single honours Politics, it's my second choice after Cambridge but getting in there is so unlikely that Durham is pretty much my top choice hahah. The only downside of Durham is that it is so so far from where I live, but other than that it's perfect. I hoooope they don't reject me, I'll cry :frown: Hahah.

I'm sure you'll be fine. Although applying to castle is a risk isn't it? I'm sure it is the most applied for? If not they'll probably move you to another though... Hopefully see you in seminars in the future! tim x
Reply 1207
any one with PPE decision?
Reply 1208
I've applied for Mathematics at Grey College :smile: anybody got an offer for Maths yet??
Original post by Lumi Nous
So I got an unconditional offer for History through UCAS on Friday... seeing as my campus code said "U" I presumed I was in to Castle, plus my AES changed to say a decision had been made - so it's not just that the department has made a decision, but a college has too.

However, Durham just emailed to say congrats on my offer, and they'd let me know my college soon.

So... I guess I have to temporarily suspend the rejoicing? Does this mean I'm not necessarily in at Castle? Their system confuses me!

Yeahh it's a bit of a pain unfortunately. Basically what it means is that the department has made you an offer and now that that's happened it's been sent to castle as that was your specified choice. If college looks at you and decides to make you an offer you'll get a letter in the post, otherwise you'll be forwarded onto a second college that was specified by the department at the time of their accepting your application.

Sooo in short no, it means you're not necessarily at Castle. But one way we've found that we think helps to cheat the system a bit is go and look under your personal links section and the first heading should be colleges, what does it say under there?
Original post by playxsailxliv
Yeahh it's a bit of a pain unfortunately. Basically what it means is that the department has made you an offer and now that that's happened it's been sent to castle as that was your specified choice. If college looks at you and decides to make you an offer you'll get a letter in the post, otherwise you'll be forwarded onto a second college that was specified by the department at the time of their accepting your application.

Sooo in short no, it means you're not necessarily at Castle. But one way we've found that we think helps to cheat the system a bit is go and look under your personal links section and the first heading should be colleges, what does it say under there?

Thanks for the help :smile:

Under colleges it says "colleges", rather helpfully. Like:

Colleges
Colleges

Yeah I figured all that, I was just confused by the fact that I have been accepted by a college according to AES ("A decision has been made" rather than it just being passed to college), and the fact that campus code is still "U". Do you know what happens here? Does it just change if it's another college in the end?

Yo bro let me know when you get a letter in the post. I'm trying to gauge how long it'll take to get from the UK to the US. If my calculations are correct, we should get something this week.

Original post by Lumi Nous
Thanks for the help :smile:

Under colleges it says "colleges", rather helpfully. Like:

Colleges
Colleges

Yeah I figured all that, I was just confused by the fact that I have been accepted by a college according to AES ("A decision has been made" rather than it just being passed to college), and the fact that campus code is still "U". Do you know what happens here? Does it just change if it's another college in the end?

When you get allotted to a college, instead of just saying "colleges" under links, it'll say the college you were alloted. So (ideally) in your case it would come up as:

Colleges
Successful applicants will receive confirmation of their college via UCAS track
University College
Colleges

If you check AES daily, you'll know a few days before you receive the letter in the post by checking under links.
(edited 13 years ago)
Anyone with a history v100 offer yet?
Original post by treyno
I'm sure you'll be fine. Although applying to castle is a risk isn't it? I'm sure it is the most applied for? If not they'll probably move you to another though... Hopefully see you in seminars in the future! tim x

I don't think it really lessens your chance of getting a Durham offer, you're just less likely to get into your college of choice. I was hoping for an early offer so I'd get into Castle before it filled up (not going well so far haha).
As a fellow American I feel compelled to jump in and say that dodgeball was a staple of my middle/high school PE experience and you can put me down as the third member of this team haha.

I know! Dodgeball gets such a bad rap because lame parents think it's too rough for their babies, but it's those skinny quiet kids you have to watch out for. They're the ones with like four balls behind their back.:colone:
Original post by BeckyIsOptimistic
Mine just turned to the same thing!!
This means a pretty much guaranteed offer right?
& also o/t but Hi! Haven't spoken to you in aaaages :smile:

:woo:
And I think (/ REALLY REALLY HOPE) so! (well, there were some reasons on the website as to why it doesn't necessarily mean an offer, but they didn't seem as though they could apply this early on in the cycle, so.... :biggrin:)
How are things going for you elsewhere, UCAS-wise? :smile:
Original post by adam0311
Yo bro let me know when you get a letter in the post. I'm trying to gauge how long it'll take to get from the UK to the US. If my calculations are correct, we should get something this week.

Yep I will do, same to you =] I'm estimating tomorrow or the next day hopefully knowing the DC post system.
I know! Dodgeball gets such a bad rap because lame parents think it's too rough for their babies, but it's those skinny quiet kids you have to watch out for. They're the ones with like four balls behind their back.:colone:

This is too true, I wish I could say I was any good at dodgeball...unfortunately I'm awful and usually the one who hangs back and then is left alone to defend my side at the end of the game up against all the really intense players on the other team haha. Where are you from?
Original post by lorlarose16
Anyone with a history v100 offer yet?

Yeah just got one on Friday.. not sure what college yet though! About 6 weeks after submitting form.
Reply 1219
Original post by sentiment
I don't think it really lessens your chance of getting a Durham offer, you're just less likely to get into your college of choice. I was hoping for an early offer so I'd get into Castle before it filled up (not going well so far haha).

Ah well... My ex gf has an interview for pps at cambridge soon and she got into Durham the other day, and she has roughly the same credentials as you- so your offer may come very soon me thinks :smile:

Latest