The Student Room Group

What would happen if I were to microwave a non-microwaveable ready meal?

The cooking instructions say to use the oven... but silly me forgot to check the instructions and I only have a microwave. What will happen if I just microwave it? (it contains meat)
Reply 1
I would imagine it would warm up. It will be fine. :biggrin:
Reply 2
Video it, just in case something amazing happens!
Reply 3
Original post by Glennith
Video it, just in case something amazing happens!

this. xD
Reply 4
What kind of meal is it?
We can't help much if we have no idea what it is...
Reply 5
Think it would cook fine, just would take a lot less time than the oven, only carb type foods would possibly be a problem, might go sort of soggy or something i don't know
Death and the plague. After death
Reply 7
It's a cottage pie - it won't make me ill or anything?
Reply 8
Original post by afua12

Original post by afua12
It's a cottage pie - it won't make me ill or anything?

You won't get ill.
I'd advise you to cook it for longer at a (somewhat) lower power, so it isn't still cold in the middle. Other than that it should be fine.

If it doesn't work out you know for next time anyway ^^
Reply 9
Are you mad op? This is how anti-matter is made.
:iiam:

I think it will be fine, just don't heat it for too long. Might not taste as amazing but will generally be ok :smile:
... and keep taking it out and stirring, regardless of how mushy it looks you'll benefit in the short run!
Reply 12
It will cause a black hole!

Just don't try and microwave an egg.
It will transcend all known levels of culinary brilliance, and earn you a michelin star....
A wormhole in time and space will appear, and will consume the entire solar system. Duh!
Reply 15
As long as it's pre-cooked (i.e. no raw meat) then it should be fine, providing it's piping hot to nuke any germs. If any of it is raw and needs to be properly cooked instead of reheating, then do it properly. Don't risk food poisoning.

Mind you, last time I did it the microwave died and a Scrin raiding party came through a newly formed wormhole in my kitchen.

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
LOL, that's a good one.

Quick Reply

Latest