The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1320
Original post by hannahmoore92
I got an offer from York! Wheyy so happy :smile: Congrats on yours too!
UCL just emailed me saying:

"Thank you for returning the completed questionnaire, in which you demonstrated an interest in the approach to linguistics taken at UCL.

We will now hold your application until the end of January 2011, and will then get in touch to let you know the outcome of your application.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions in the meantime."

Maybe they didn't mention UCAS days because I've already done my A Levels??

high fives all round baby :tongue:

i just got sent the ucl questionnaire this morning haha, probably later than most of you because my application was sent off to UCAS at the last minute! i'm actually thrilled that i haven't been rejected yet.

you gotta keep me updated on progress with all of our unis by the way :biggrin:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 1321
Original post by murp
PHILOSOPHY ADMISSIONS/OPEN DAY!
I got an email a couple of days ago saying that i'm invited to an open day in december :tongue: which i am really pleased with, i'd loveeee to go to UCL!
Butttt I can't see what this day includes? It mentions and talk and test, anyone know anything about the test? How can I prepare for the day?! And also what does 'a brief discussion period' actually mean?! Ahh! :smile: xxx

Congratulations! I'm alsoapplying for philosophy at UCL but haven't sent my application off...Would you mind telling me your GCSE/A Level grades?
Reply 1322
An Offer from Civil engineering :smile:
I've been waiting for hearing from ucl for ages!!
Original post by cru
Congratulations! I'm alsoapplying for philosophy at UCL but haven't sent my application off...Would you mind telling me your GCSE/A Level grades?

Just a little vent to stop people worrying about grades and asking to compare with people. Why worry about what other people got/ are predicted? UCL don't just look at A level results, think this is clear by the fact a lot of people with 3A* prediction have been rejected for Economics all ready. My school don't even give us our predicted grades, to stop us getting in a state comparing grades to see if we're 'good enough'. At the end of the day, they're asking for AAA, if you have AAA/ predicted AAA and you like the course then chill- no one knows how these things are going to go.

Anyway, good luck with your application. :smile:
Got a rejection from UCL! I don't mind, as it was my fifth choice! Ciao, UCL apllicants and I hope you are all more succesfull than I was! :smile:
Reply 1325
Original post by bownessie
Got a rejection from UCL! I don't mind, as it was my fifth choice! Ciao, UCL apllicants and I hope you are all more succesfull than I was! :smile:

awww:frown: :s-smilie::frown::confused:

Well, at least it was your fifth choice!!
Which course did you apply for?
Original post by CZephyr
awww:frown: :s-smilie::frown::confused:

Well, at least it was your fifth choice!!
Which course did you apply for?

Environmental Biology! I didn't have higher level chemistry and wasn't sure wether they would accept me without it, but thought I might as well try as I didn't have a fifth choice!
Reply 1327
what did you apply for other than ucl? did you get any other offers?
i'm thinking of applying for philosophy and history of art but i don't have the entry requirements :/
Reply 1328
Environmental Biology! I didn't have higher level chemistry and wasn't sure wether they would accept me without it, but thought I might as well try as I didn't have a fifth choice!

Oooo another IB-er :smile:, Hey! hahahaha
I applied for biomed with higher bio and higher chem but I still havn't heard anything from them!
I am really not looking forward to a rejection but I think it might be inevitable. :frown: UCL also happens to be my fifth choice but my four other choices are insanely difficult to get in to and all depends on BMAT.
What did I get myself into? <cries> :confused:

What other courses did you apply to?
If it's fairly obvious on our application we're applying for Oxbridge, is it safe to assume we won't hear from UCL (and LSE/SOAS for that matter) until after Oxbridge replies (that is assuming that they don't give a straight rejection prior)?
Reply 1330
Original post by mairi_rob
If it's fairly obvious on our application we're applying for Oxbridge, is it safe to assume we won't hear from UCL (and LSE/SOAS for that matter) until after Oxbridge replies (that is assuming that they don't give a straight rejection prior)?

That was my theory too. But I don't think it's true.

For example, if you've applied to oxford, ucl and imperial, each individual university can only see the courses you've applied to that specific university.
I applied for biomed and med at UCL. UCL will be able to see that piece of information. HOWEVER, UCL will not know that I have also applied to Oxford biomed..

Unless you accidentally leaked something in your personal statement, there's no way that UCL will know (for sure) that you are also an oxbridge applicant.
Oh I guess they probably do know seeing that you would've had to apply prior to the 15th of October to meet the deadline.
Original post by CZephyr
Oooo another IB-er :smile:, Hey! hahahaha
I applied for biomed with higher bio and higher chem but I still havn't heard anything from them!
I am really not looking forward to a rejection but I think it might be inevitable. :frown: UCL also happens to be my fifth choice but my four other choices are insanely difficult to get in to and all depends on BMAT.
What did I get myself into? <cries> :confused:

What other courses did you apply to?

Yeah, IB joys! I also applied for Marine Bio at Southampton and Newcastle, Natural Sciences at Lancaster, and Ecology at Durham. I'm predicted 40/41 overall, do you know what you are predicted?
Reply 1332
Yeah, IB joys! I also applied for Marine Bio at Southampton and Newcastle, Natural Sciences at Lancaster, and Ecology at Durham. I'm predicted 40/41 overall, do you know what you are predicted?

wow ecology! haha I remember in IB Bio, the topics I dreaded the most were topics 5 and 10 (lol plants and ecology I believe)
haha my exam session was november 2010 (yay no more IB!!)
Are you sitting your exams in May of next year?
I was predicted quite highly - very similarly to your predicted grade :smile: (43/44, depending on TOK/EE components.) But I honestly don't think I performed quite as well as I had done in my mocks.
Ah.. who knows :smile:
Reply 1333
Original post by CZephyr
wow ecology! haha I remember in IB Bio, the topics I dreaded the most were topics 5 and 10 (lol plants and ecology I believe)
haha my exam session was november 2010 (yay no more IB!!)
Are you sitting your exams in May of next year?
I was predicted quite highly - very similarly to your predicted grade :smile: (43/44, depending on TOK/EE components.) But I honestly don't think I performed quite as well as I had done in my mocks.
Ah.. who knows :smile:

same, I am not a big fan of ecology. when do you results come out?
Reply 1334
Original post by homer6
same, I am not a big fan of ecology. when do you results come out?

haha yay! high 10 :smile: I prefer physio so much more
6th of January :smile:
or :frown:
Ambivalence. I want to know but at the same time, I am afraid it won't be what I want it to be.
haha
looks like the Psychology department are sending out more questionnaires, just got one! :smile: I'm one step closer to UCL now, woop woop :redface:
Any international applicant get an offer yet?
Has anyone else got an unconditional from UCL and are planning of firming it yet? :smile:
Reply 1338
I applied with a Dentistry personal statement, for Biochemical Eng.
Also a retake student ( bumping my chem grade up to an a )

I really love the look of the course but im not sure ill stand a chance.. it's sooo tense until they come back with a decision, but it's my second choice soooo i'm brikin' it :/

anyone know how they consider retake students or anything? i can imagine i'd be at a disadvantage but am not sure that demand for biochem eng is that big.. only saw one other person applying for it on here..

fingers crossed..

when does the department give out offers anyone know?
Original post by xbabycakes
looks like the Psychology department are sending out more questionnaires, just got one! :smile: I'm one step closer to UCL now, woop woop :redface:

Oh my gosh well done!! this is good news, how long ago did you send off your application? and do you think they send them out in batches? :smile:... at least they're actually getting back to people lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending