The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
I thought it was generally unimpressive :dontknow:
Reply 801
Original post by dobbys sock
Maybe hates too strong a word but I found him really irritating! And now I feel awful because he dies :cry2:

I loved him, I didn't even know he was going to make an appearance in this film till I saw him on top of the thief (no idea what his name is :colondollar:) with Creature...I was so sad to see him die :cry:
Original post by bigmo7
I loved him, I didn't even know he was going to make an appearance in this film till I saw him on top of the thief (no idea what his name is :colondollar:) with Creature...I was so sad to see him die :cry:

The thief is Mundungus Fletcher (who is actually a pretty important character in the books...)

The other house elf is Kreacher not creature!! PLEASE READ THE BOOKS!
(edited 13 years ago)
hey this is such a random comment, but I started watching Harry Potter all over again from part 1...lol call me an insane fan :P

ANyway, when Harry was standing in front of the Mirror of Erised...he asked Dumbledore what he saw in the mirror (cuz u know, the mirrow shows you the deepest things you desire)...

Anyway, Dumbledore said he saw himself holding a pair of "wollen socks" years later, Harry thought it wasn't likely so...and after J.K Rowling said that Dumbledore was gay and was very close with Grindelwald, I'm thinking that Dumbledore would have probably seen himself with Grindelwald....

OR he could have seen himself with his mother and sister Eliana...

anyway thoughts on what Dumbledore could have seen in that mirror?
Reply 804
Original post by satisfactionatlast
hey this is such a random comment, but I started watching Harry Potter all over again from part 1...lol call me an insane fan :P

ANyway, when Harry was standing in front of the Mirror of Erised...he asked Dumbledore what he saw in the mirror (cuz u know, the mirrow shows you the deepest things you desire)...

Anyway, Dumbledore said he saw himself holding a pair of "wollen socks" years later, Harry thought it wasn't likely so...and after J.K Rowling said that Dumbledore was gay and was very close with Grindelwald, I'm thinking that Dumbledore would have probably seen himself with Grindelwald....

Isn't it mentioned somewhere (I think in the Deathly Hallows) that Harry believes Dumbledore really saw his family together again.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Groat
Isn't it mentioned somewhere (I think in the Deathly Hallows) that Harry believes Dumbledore really saw his family together again.

It is assumed. It says something along the lines that harry realised he and Dumbledor both saw the same thing in the mirror. Which you assume is his family.
Regarding people's comments about the acting in the film, I thought Rupert was fantastic as always, especially in the 'jealousy' scenes, Emma probably equally so and pretty much spot on for what her character was going through this time round, and I actually liked Daniel's performance in this film, believe it or not. I think he's improved so much since the 5th film, it looks like he's so much more in harmony with Harry now, the delivery of his lines is much less stilted and rehearsed, which I think added to the 'naturalness' (it's a word I think, but sounds clunky, ironically) of this film. For me it seemed to be filmed like a documentary, a lot of "shaky camera" time for starters, but the interactions between the characters just seemed more real, if you like. Anyways I am most definitely rambling, this is all in my opinion I might add, feel free to disagree! :wizard:

p.s. I think I'm obsessed.
Original post by satisfactionatlast

Original post by Groat

It's Ariana not Eliana

And to quote JK
He saw his family alive, whole and happy Ariana, Percival and Kendra all returned to him, and Aberforth reconciled to him

Source : http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2007/7/30/j-k-rowling-web-chat-transcript
Reply 808
I absolutely loved the film :biggrin: Although I would like to mention a few things:

- I think it would have been nice to expand the burrow scenes and wedding a bit more like their planning and krum etc. but i guess they wanted to get to the main point fast
- The ministry scene was done well but I really wanted harry to take moody's eye
- Was a bit sad that potterwatch wasn't mentioned at all because i think that was a really good part in the book
- i think they could have expanded the malfoy manor scene a little bit more with the whole griphook fake sword thing

now for the good things :biggrin:
- absolutely loved the animation bit- i though it was excellent
- i think rupert and emma showcased their talents brilliantly especially all the different emotions - the piano scene was soo cute :biggrin:
- even since the 6th book i feel so sorry for draco and think tom plays him very well- poor guy is so pressured by everyone :frown:
- snape's hair looked nice and fluffy in this one!!!
- lastly, i think scabior was really hot in the movie (like an odd mix between tim minchin and johnny depp)

i'm a bit torn betweeen whether or not i like the dance scene (although emma did brilliantly to showcase all the emotions in that scene) and i think the ginny and the dress bit was just stupid tbh. although george was hilarious in that scene and both actors for him and fred did brilliantly for the 2 minutes they had.
okay very last thing :biggrin: the bagshot scenes with nagini were VERY scary and made me jump. and whats with ppl saying the sex scene wasn't good? first of all it wasnt a sex scene, it was just kissing, and secondly it was taken directly from the book so i dont see whats wrong with it.

ok im done. overall an AMAZING film and can't wait for part 2. :biggrin:

EDIT:the guy who played the young grindelwald was soo hot!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 809
Original post by AClockworkOrange
Tom Riddle Forever :heart:

ohhh film was so good
Original post by Luceria
Yes, and you're a typical delusional Harmony shipper. Yes, you are calling her pathetic by saying it's pathetic that they are like brother and sister. Jo wrote the books. And even when the author herself agrees that Harmony shippers are desluional and haven't been paying attention. Well I think it's just sad. What on earth does real people have to do with anything? Hermione would always go for Ron. It wouldn't make a difference.

:eek:

Original post by Luceria
You have no idea what you're talking about. But if you want to continue living in your own delusional little world, that's fine by me.

oh my jesus. i just read through this to catch up and i almost can't believe what i'm reading. you sound like some people i know on another forum. not good. not good at all.

i'm not going to try and start a war here, but honestly, what satisfaction do you get from tearing someone apart just because they ship a couple you don't support? "delusional"? it's a ****ing book series! it's not the real world! let the poor person have their own opinion, instead of trying to shove yours down their throat. they came here to post their opinion and to read others, not to have your beliefs and ideas shoved down their throat. you've crossed the line, imo.
Original post by greeneyedgirl

right sorry...it's been a few years since I've read book 7...
Reply 813
Original post by green chica
:eek:

oh my jesus. i just read through this to catch up and i almost can't believe what i'm reading. you sound like some people i know on another forum. not good. not good at all.

i'm not going to try and start a war here, but honestly, what satisfaction do you get from tearing someone apart just because they ship a couple you don't support? "delusional"? it's a ****ing book series! it's not the real world! let the poor person have their own opinion, instead of trying to shove yours down their throat. they came here to post their opinion and to read others, not to have your beliefs and ideas shoved down their throat. you've crossed the line, imo.

Haha, what? You're bringing that up again? ... I wasn't very angry when I wrote that. Maybe it sounds like that. But that's not the case. It wasn't just an opinion, it was a lot of rubbish and lies. It's not about "supporting". Like mentioned, even the author herself thinks Harmony shippers are "delusional" and need to read the books again. I'm not making it up. And I'm not the first person to criticize people who ship Harry/Hermione. Yes, it's a book series. I'm aware of that. I'm not taking this very seriously, and neither should you. Calm down and move on.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 814
Hmmm. The film was ok, good but a little too long for my liking. I'm also dissapointed at the lack of Draco Malfoy in this film :sexface:
Cringe at the fact that I cried when Dobby died...
Reply 815
Original post by .Scout.
Hmmm. The film was ok, good but a little too long for my liking. I'm also dissapointed at the lack of Draco Malfoy in this film :sexface:

The film wasn't very long at all, only about 2 hours and 13 minutes. It felt really short!
Dobby :frown:... That's nothing to cringe about,haha.
I loved it, seen it twice :smile:
It's so annoying when you've read the book tons of times and little details are missed out of the film... I'm aware that they can't fit everything in but it still bugs me :p:

Can't wait for next year now!!

EDIT:
I wish they would have included Potterwatch, that was so good in the book and they put so much emphasis on Ron fiddling with the radio that I thought it might have been included.. obviously not :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 817
Original post by .Scout.

long movies are good movies.

i liked the way that this was done in 2 parts, it allows for it to be more intense as there isn't all the crap at the end when everything is resolved, it stops nicely in the action.
Reply 818
It might be just me, or because I read the book a long time ago, but was the entire "Ministry of Magic = Nazis" theme played up far more in teh film?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Luceria

:coma:

Tom riddle's my favourite character, before he turned in to voldemort, that is..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending