The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blueee:)
A minimum is a cut off though right?

Glasgow use the minimum (lowest of top 800 UKCAT scores) as the cut-off so, yes, they are both the same in Glasgow's case.
Top 800? I hope it's not in the 700s! :s-smilie:
Reply 182
Original post by laurencebaker1
Top 800? I hope it's not in the 700s! :s-smilie:

Top 800 that Glasgow recieve, remember... there are all kinds of factors affecting this to be honest- will people with higher UKCATs tend to apply to Glasgow because of how it uses the test? etc
Reply 183
Original post by teafil
What do you mean by minimum... and did she mention what this minimum is?:redface:

Basically a cut off probably but she used the word minimum and she said they won't know till they've got everyone they want, they pick the first 800 with the highest UKCAT score and the 800th person's score's the cut- off ('minimum')
Reply 184
Original post by dmz
Basically a cut off probably but she used the word minimum and she said they won't know till they've got everyone they want, they pick the first 800 with the highest UKCAT score and the 800th person's score's the cut- off ('minimum')

They're only talking about Home/EU students right? Or do International applicants get thrown in as well cause I know some other universities rank international applicants separately.
Reply 185
Original post by Vulpes
They're only talking about Home/EU students right? Or do International applicants get thrown in as well cause I know some other universities rank international applicants separately.

I didn't ask but probably yer, do international applicants do UKCAT as well? sorry if that's a stupid question but i'm pretty naive to the whole process for international applicants
Reply 186
Glasgow is to start interviewing next week. Source: My honours project supervisor who is on the interview panel. They will also interview right up to March.
Reply 187
Original post by Sammi22
Glasgow is to start interviewing next week. Source: My honours project supervisor who is on the interview panel. They will also interview right up to March.

Really?
So they will give less than one week notice?
Reply 188
Original post by haleem
Really?
So they will give less than one week notice?

Apparently so. Maybe people have already got interview invites, they're just not on this forum.
Original post by Sammi22

I doubt it. Saying that though, Glasgow dental school have started handing out interviews and rejections...
Reply 190
my friend got an interview for dentistry at glasgow and she got 622.5. medicine ukcat scores are always higher than dental applicants so you can expect your cut off to but higher

glasgow handed out interviews for dentistry over three days.

i think medicine is completely different

Caponester
I doubt it. Saying that though, Glasgow dental school have started handing out interviews and rejections...
Well based on what's said above, it sounds like we havent got long to wait, guys. ^^
Reply 192
Original post by dmz
I didn't ask but probably yer, do international applicants do UKCAT as well? sorry if that's a stupid question but i'm pretty naive to the whole process for international applicants

Yea we do.
Reply 193
Woohoo interview on 1st dec arrived in post today! Im a grad entry with 672.5 ukcat and a 1st class hons
Reply 194
Original post by AuldYin
Woohoo interview on 1st dec arrived in post today! Im a grad entry with 672.5 ukcat and a 1st class hons

Congrats!! And good luck... you're rather short on time... Why did they send it why post? What if you didn't get it in time... or what if it got lost ? Don't they sent interviews by email as well? I mean imagine there are international applicants as well and in these cases there is a real chance of packages getting lost:confused: Very weird.
Reply 195
Original post by AuldYin

congrats! really short notice though :eek: im guessing you live locally?
Reply 196
just rang up glasgow admissions..

they still couldn't confirm what the ukcat cut off will be as they still processing applications.

but she did say that they were interviewing top ukcat scorers first, (around next week)

She also stated that:

a) ukcat cut off will definately be higher than last years cut off of 2570

b) she couldn't confirm what the cut off this year would be, but she said that it would probably be around the region of 2600

(I stress, probably)

hope this helped! my ukcat score is 2630 so im pretty worried!
:smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 197
I live in edinburgh so not far. Though it did take me 2 hrs door to door using public transport
Reply 198
On the open day that is
Reply 199
Original post by lekky
Also I'm stalking you all potential first year medics of 2011 :smile: Remember exactly how it feels to be where you are now!

Thought youd be a good person to ask :smile:
With 677.5 avg UKCAT, and not very amazing gcses at all, do i have a chance to get to the interview stage?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending