The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
I found the whole Harry/Hermione kissing half naked or whatever thing really strange :lolwut: it just wasn't.. right. I understand that that's what Ron fears but gawwd why were they topless and shizz :sigh: was far too sexualised and awkward. I like the film though!! Good ending point tooooo hmmm! Last one is gonna be quite sad :sad:

I have read the last book so was expecting some of the stuff but still :frown: Hedwig :cry2: DOBBY :bawling: Oh man, the woman in the cinema sat behind me was wailing soooooo loudly she was going mad crying for ages, became a bit funny after a while :o:

For anyone who has read the book, I have a question (I think I've forgotten parts of the last book):

Spoiler

Saw it today. Don't really know what to make of it... When it was good, it was very good; however, when it was bad, (and there were long stretches of sad looks in forests) it was really bloody awful.

Best part, IMO:

Spoiler

Original post by mel0n
I found the whole Harry/Hermione kissing half naked or whatever thing really strange :lolwut: it just wasn't.. right. I understand that that's what Ron fears but gawwd why were they topless and shizz :sigh: was far too sexualised and awkward. I like the film though!! Good ending point tooooo hmmm! Last one is gonna be quite sad :sad:

I have read the last book so was expecting some of the stuff but still :frown: Hedwig :cry2: DOBBY :bawling: Oh man, the woman in the cinema sat behind me was wailing soooooo loudly she was going mad crying for ages, became a bit funny after a while :o:

For anyone who has read the book, I have a question (I think I've forgotten parts of the last book):

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by mel0n

Spoiler

Spoiler

:smile:
Original post by greeneyedgirl

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 826
I finally got to watch it today and it was awesome !! :smile:
Original post by greeneyedgirl

Spoiler

Spoiler

But also

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 828
Original post by Susant
It might be just me, or because I read the book a long time ago, but was the entire "Ministry of Magic = Nazis" theme played up far more in teh film?

In the book there is that stature made up of dead muggles, they make all of those leaflets warning against muggles, and anybody who is muggle born is called to questioning. I think it's pretty true to the book :yep:

Original post by mel0n

It's very similar in the book just without the nakedness :P

Spoiler

Reply 829
Original post by Susant
It might be just me, or because I read the book a long time ago, but was the entire "Ministry of Magic = Nazis" theme played up far more in teh film?

I think there's a fairly firm connection in the book too. If not more so.
I saw the movie last night...i thought it was really good (so much better than the Half-Blood Prince) :biggrin:

I haven't read the book, but I was told who dies. Dobby's death was quite sad :frown: I love Dobby, especially when he says something along the lines of, "Dobby doesn't want to kill, he only wants to mane or seriously injure." :lol:

It seems that this film was a lot funnier compared to the previous ones., especially Ron! :biggrin:

Do you think that there was quite a lot a sexual innuendos, etc in this film?? :tongue:
Original post by ScottishShortiex

Do you think that there was quite a lot a sexual innuendos, etc in this film?? :tongue:

Try replacing all instances of "wand" with "willy" in both the books and films. :wink:

:teehee:

"Thirteen and a half inches...Powerful willy, very powerful, and in the wrong hands..."

"Willys are only as powerful as the wizards who use them. Some wizards just like to boast that theirs are bigger and better than other people's."

"Lucius Malfoy stood for a moment, and Harry distinctly saw his right hand twitch as though he was longing to reach for his willy."

"He raised his own willy, attempted a complicated sort of wiggling action and dropped it. Snape smirked as Lockhart quickly picked it up, saying, 'Whoops -my willy is a little over-excited'."

"Voldemort raised his willy. His head was tilted to one side,
like a curious child, wondering what would happen if he proceeded.
Harry looked back into the red eyes, and wanted it to happen now,
quickly, while he could still stand, before he lost control"
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 832
Original post by ily_em
In the book there is that stature made up of dead muggles, they make all of those leaflets warning against muggles, and anybody who is muggle born is called to questioning. I think it's pretty true to the book :yep:

Original post by Kinkerz
I think there's a fairly firm connection in the book too. If not more so.

I probably forgot then:redface:
Reply 833
Original post by ScottishShortiex

10 inches, nothing special :wink:
There's a lot of sexual innuendos in the books as well as the films :tongue:
Reply 835
Original post by dobbys sock
There's a lot of sexual innuendos in the books as well as the films :tongue:

Time for a reread I think :sexface:
Reply 836
Original post by mel0n

Spoiler

I didn't. They followed the book. That make out scene was in the book. (naked and all) It was exactly like it should be. And when Voldemort tried to kill Harry, he only killed the Horcrux that was a part of Harry. The bit of Voldemort's soul.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 837
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Spoiler

Spoiler

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I think I sort of get it now :ninja: Thanks :biggrin: forgot about the blood stuff in GOF I think it was?

Spoiler

Reply 838
Original post by AClockworkOrange
:coma:

Tom riddle's my favourite character, before he turned in to voldemort, that is..

Indeed:smile: He's my favourite character as well.
Reply 839
Original post by Luceria
I didn't. They followed the book. That make out scene was in the book. (naked and all) It was exactly like it should be. And when Voldemort tried to kill Harry, he only killed the Horcrux that was a part of Harry. The bit of Voldemort's soul.

Lol yeah they did follow the book it was just a bit :afraid: and awkward to watch seeing as I don't ever think of Harry/Hermione together like that!

Quick Reply

Latest