The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mel0n
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I think I sort of get it now :ninja: Thanks :biggrin: forgot about the blood stuff in GOF I think it was?

Spoiler

Spoiler

But yeah. :smile:
Reply 841
Original post by mel0n
Lol yeah they did follow the book it was just a bit :afraid: and awkward to watch seeing as I don't ever think of Harry/Hermione together like that!

Yeah. Definitely weird. But I'm glad they stayed true to the book though!
Reply 842
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Try replacing all instances of "wand" with "willy" in both the books and films. :wink:

:teehee:

"Thirteen and a half inches...Powerful willy, very powerful, and in the wrong hands..."

"Willys are only as powerful as the wizards who use them. Some wizards just like to boast that theirs are bigger and better than other people's."

"Lucius Malfoy stood for a moment, and Harry distinctly saw his right hand twitch as though he was longing to reach for his willy."

"He raised his own willy, attempted a complicated sort of wiggling action and dropped it. Snape smirked as Lockhart quickly picked it up, saying, 'Whoops -my willy is a little over-excited'."

"Voldemort raised his willy. His head was tilted to one side,
like a curious child, wondering what would happen if he proceeded.
Harry looked back into the red eyes, and wanted it to happen now,
quickly, while he could still stand, before he lost control"

Hhahaha I think there's a whole facebook page dedicated to the HP innuendos :rofl: Especially the whole 'wand/willy' one :p:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Try replacing all instances of "wand" with "willy" in both the books and films. :wink:

:teehee:

"Thirteen and a half inches...Powerful willy, very powerful, and in the wrong hands..."

"Willys are only as powerful as the wizards who use them. Some wizards just like to boast that theirs are bigger and better than other people's."

"Lucius Malfoy stood for a moment, and Harry distinctly saw his right hand twitch as though he was longing to reach for his willy."

"He raised his own willy, attempted a complicated sort of wiggling action and dropped it. Snape smirked as Lockhart quickly picked it up, saying, 'Whoops -my willy is a little over-excited'."

"Voldemort raised his willy. His head was tilted to one side,
like a curious child, wondering what would happen if he proceeded.
Harry looked back into the red eyes, and wanted it to happen now,
quickly, while he could still stand, before he lost control"

that's funny! :lol:
Original post by ily_em
10 inches, nothing special :wink:

This was the innuendo I was thinking of! :tongue:
There's lots of things involving white, creamy substances erupting from the end of their wands. I remember rereading Goblet of Fire when Mrs Weasley was cooking dinner and that happened :tongue: Oh and the patronuses are white.

In the final book "I overpowered Draco weeks ago" and "Draco was gripping him so tightly it hurt". Don't forget all the broomstick references too!
Reply 846
All this innuendo talk...

"I'll show you mine, if you show me yours."

Original post by Luceria
All this innuendo talk...

"I'll show you mine, if you show me yours."

And he sticks out his tongue to lick Snape's wand :giggle:
Original post by Luceria
I didn't. They followed the book. That make out scene was in the book. (naked and all) It was exactly like it should be. And when Voldemort tried to kill Harry, he only killed the Horcrux that was a part of Harry. The bit of Voldemort's soul.

lol you just spoiled that for the people who haven't read the books! :tongue:

But...you deserve it people who haven't read the books...I mean you can't be a Harry Potter fan WITHOUT reading the books! Watching only the movies isn't enough! :huff:
Reply 849
Original post by dobbys sock
And he sticks out his tongue to lick Snape's wand :giggle:

:sexface:
Reply 850
Original post by satisfactionatlast
lol you just spoiled that for the people who haven't read the books! :tongue:

But...you deserve it people who haven't read the books...I mean you can't be a Harry Potter fan WITHOUT reading the books! Watching only the movies isn't enough! :huff:

The book has been out since 2007. The time of spoiler tags ended a long time ago.
If people don't want Harry Potter spoilers now, they should never leave their room and never turn on their computer. And I really don't care if film fans are spoiled.
Original post by Luceria
The book has been out since 2007. The time of spoiler tags ended a long time ago.
If people don't want Harry Potter spoilers now, they should never leave their room and never turn on their computer. And I really don't care if film fans are spoiled.

haha I'm with you on that! :tongue:

BTW, your sig with Voldermort and the birthday caps...I saw it earlier this morning...so my friend wanted to see Harry Potter cuz he hasn't seen it...so I went with him and when that scene came when Voldermort was like "I was beginning to think you lost your way Severus...come we've saved you a seat"...I imagined your sig and burst out laughing in the cinema, much to the annoyance of my friend! :tongue:
Listening to the soundtrack on Spotify and listening to the music makes me sadder than I was watching the film. Like with the music from the beginning with the Dursley's leaving, and Hermione obliviating her parents. Gutted there's no variation of Hedwig's theme though.
Original post by dobbys sock
Listening to the soundtrack on Spotify and listening to the music makes me sadder than I was watching the film. Like with the music from the beginning with the Dursley's leaving, and Hermione obliviating her parents. Gutted there's no variation of Hedwig's theme though.

The score is amazing isn't it. Yeah Hedwigs theme not being in there was a total bummer :frown:
Reply 854
Original post by Kinkerz
Wonder how many sets of ginger identical twins there are? :p:

Haha. They're two things I barely noticed.
I can't stand Gambon as Dumbledore. He's just so bad at it. Refuses to read the books because he wants to play Dumbledore with his own unique inflection. Yes, fair enough, but it's a character based on the ******* book series - at least understand your own character :colonhash:

Another thing is how Hagrid's hut moves. In the first few (first two I think) films, his hut's in a different place to the films after. Bad stuff.

I'm here at 00:08 on Friday night (Saturday morning, pedants) talking about my least favourite things about the Harry Potter films :colondollar:

ahhh. but 'ave you considered the salient possibility - that 'agrid 'as moved 'ouse in each book, macca?

man, the acting is terrible in parts. there are excellent teen actors in the UK, so why not recast the roles to someone more suitable? The biggest mistake the directors ever made was to stick with actors who grew out of their parts (eg when Emma turned into a girl who was crap not cute, and when Daniel turned to shouting his lines instead of reading them as the little canny kid he was perfectly cast to do). I mean, sooo bad - worse than tv movie! It is, i agree, pretty dire that Americans top kid actors like Dakota Fanning and the Kodi-McPhee kid make these two clowns look like total and utter cretins (which to be fair, they are). And Malfoy looks ancient now..... seriously there is room for recasting!

Also the plots. i'm not sure how anyone can believe that Prisoner of Afghanistan (mmm. cringeyworthy title writing skills, Mrs Rowling?) has a senseworthy plot or an engaging direction. Rowling has her moments, but not for the scale of a movie. Her work would best be served in a tv series, giving her time to develop her plots.

but great wizard battles..i go for the wizard battles hehe!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 855
Does anyone else think Daniel Radcliffe is a terrible actor?
It's actually annoying :s

I thought the film was really good though, much better than the last one.
Reply 856
Original post by Gizmo!
ahhh. but 'ave you considered the salient possibility - that 'agrid 'as moved 'ouse in each book, macca?

Ah, sounds like... clutching at straws to me, macca.
man, the acting is terrible in parts. there are excellent teen actors in the UK, so why not recast the roles to someone more suitable? The biggest mistake the directors ever made was to stick with actors who grew out of their parts (eg when Emma turned into a girl who was crap not cute, and when Daniel turned to shouting his lines instead of reading them as the little canny kid he was perfectly cast to do). I mean, sooo bad - worse than tv movie! It is, i agree, pretty dire that Americans top kid actors like Dakota Fanning and the Kodi-McPhee kid make these two clowns look like total and utter cretins (which to be fair, they are). And Malfoy looks ancient now..... seriously there is room for recasting!

I agree with pretty much all that. Particularly the Radcliffe comment.
Also the plots. i'm not sure how anyone can believe that Prisoner of Afghanistan (mmm. cringeyworthy title writing skills, Mrs Rowling?) has a senseworthy plot or an engaging direction. Rowling has her moments, but not for the scale of a movie. Her work would best be served in a tv series, giving her time to develop her plots.

It's got some interesting twists, you can't deny it, Giz. But I do think, in hindsight, a TV series might've been better.
Reply 857
Original post by Firaila
Does anyone else think Daniel Radcliffe is a terrible actor?

Nope, you're the first person shrewd enough to notice it...
Original post by Luceria
Haha, what? You're bringing that up again? ... I wasn't very angry when I wrote that. Maybe it sounds like that. But that's not the case. It wasn't just an opinion, it was a lot of rubbish and lies. It's not about "supporting". Like mentioned, even the author herself thinks Harmony shippers are "delusional" and need to read the books again. I'm not making it up. And I'm not the first person to criticize people who ship Harry/Hermione. Yes, it's a book series. I'm aware of that. I'm not taking this very seriously, and neither should you. Calm down and move on.

please, do not try and defend bullying. that is all i have left to say on the matter.
Reply 859
Original post by green chica
please, do not try and defend bullying. that is all i have left to say on the matter.

I think you're being over dramatical.. It's far from bullying. But fine. Let's agree to disagree and move on with our lives.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest