The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by catherine93
Does anyone know how long after the college recieves your application you find out if you have an offer?! :smile: thanks!

mine was sent to a college on friday and i got my conditional offer today on UCAS, i think it can take up to 10 days though....i'm not sure
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 1241
Has anybody heard from languages?
Original post by gusekeew
Wow! You got offers from York and Warwick already?
I only got an offer from Durham.

I find people who already got an offer from those two universities and I didn't.
WHat do you mean by AES and U?
Do you mean on the UCAS Track page?

Ohhh I am soooo lost :frown:

Probably because I'm post-A-level so I have the grades already! And I submitted my form 6 weeks ago.

AES - durham's applicant enquiries service. You should have been sent an email with a pin number and username (your UCAS number). It's like their own version of track (sort of) telling you whether your application's been considered or accepted by a department, and then whether it's been passed to a college.

By U I mean the campus code on UCAS track.

Hope this helps! Silly Durham system. You have an offer though? Got a college yet?
Original post by lorlarose16
Congrats! what college did you apply for?
If you dont mind me asking what were your grades acheived ect?- Im reapplying post A-Level so really anxious to hear from Durham!

University! Fingers crossed. You?

I think it comes up in my sig, but A*s in English Lit, History and Politics. Also post-A-level!
Is it still a good university experience at the Queens Campus, considering its an hour from the main Durham campus?
Reply 1245
Original post by Lumi Nous
Probably because I'm post-A-level so I have the grades already! And I submitted my form 6 weeks ago.

AES - durham's applicant enquiries service. You should have been sent an email with a pin number and username (your UCAS number). It's like their own version of track (sort of) telling you whether your application's been considered or accepted by a department, and then whether it's been passed to a college.

By U I mean the campus code on UCAS track.

Hope this helps! Silly Durham system. You have an offer though? Got a college yet?

Ohh I see. Well I applied early because I am also applying to Oxford PPE. I didnt choose a college when I applied Durham and I kinda regret it :frown: Oh well cant change anything now!

I got an offer from St.Chads.are you still waiting for an offer from Durham? Have you heard anything about St.Chads?
'Bonj.
;28625198']Has anybody heard from languages?

Yepp =] are you still waiting?
Reply 1247
I just got an offer for history, and it says i'll hear from a college 'shortly'... Anyone know how soon 'shortly' is? Really want my first choice (which was Hatfield). Congrats to everyone with offers :smile:
Original post by eve_m
I just got an offer for history, and it says i'll hear from a college 'shortly'... Anyone know how soon 'shortly' is? Really want my first choice (which was Hatfield). Congrats to everyone with offers :smile:

It shouldn't be more than three weeks according to the website. I got my offer on 9 November but I still haven't received any college confirmation.
Reply 1249
Original post by playxsailxliv
It shouldn't be more than three weeks according to the website. I got my offer on 9 November but I still haven't received any college confirmation.

AES says 'in college'

Omg so happy, yet just hoping it is not false hope!!!
Original post by cpdavis
Got an email from durham asking for maths module scores, hopefully good news!!!

Me too, i'm just praying it's good news but a couple of my UMS marks didn't look the best when I put them in :/ :frown:
Original post by LukethePianoMan
Ah thats good then, we still all have our offers!
I have just been revising maths as I need an A* in that

Hi, I was just wondering when you got your offer for NatSci? I sent my UCAS on 15th or 16th I think (that whole week is a bit of a blur to me now!) but AES still says only received by department and I haven't heard anything. Hoping they're not worrying I'm a risky post A2 person who might forget things :frown:
Everytime I log in and see "...recieved by a College" my heart skips a beat, only to realise that it still says "Your application has not yet been received by a College". Stupid Durham :rant:
Original post by Muffinz
Everytime I log in and see "...recieved by a College" my heart skips a beat, only to realise that it still says "Your application has not yet been received by a College". Stupid Durham :rant:

Welcome to the club. :rant:
Reply 1255
Original post by Wasnerello
I applied for economics, got a conditional offer today (3 A's, including maths and economics, from my 4 subjects)

I sent it off mid-October. I have only got replies from Surrey and Durham so far. Still waiting for Bath, York and Warwick (all economics)...

Ah best of luck! I've got an unconditional from york, got back to me on Friday. Applied for warwick as well myself, fortunately i've already done my A levels, just gotta wait n see what happen
Original post by eve_m

Aes took a little while to catch up with UCAS for me. If your offer is on UCAS, then isn't the college code on that the accepting college? (Hope so).

Mine moved from 'received by college' to 'decision has been made' in two days.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Yellowstone
Aes took a little while to catch up with UCAS for me. If your offer is on UCAS, then isn't the college code on that the accepting college? (Hope so).

Mine moved from 'received by college' to 'decision has been made' in two days.

No unfortunately =/ that's what I originally thought. The college code is just the college you specified.
LL36 Anthropology and Sociology
•Your application has been received by a College
•A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details

What does this mean? Does this mean that I'm likely to recieve an offer? How many people have had their applications in a college and then got a rejection? I'm so on edge!!
things seem to have died down in terms of english offers and rejections?

Latest