The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I get this too, I dont have a clue what I want - and people are asking me, definately watching this thread.
Reply 2
Money's always welcome in my book.
If you really don't want anything, why not ask for things you need? Like anything for your flat/house? Or even I thought food 'vouchers' for a food shop later if my Mum would actually do that lol Or vouchers for Topshop/River island/HMV etc? I'm being sensible and getting driving lessons this year. I'd love money as I'm looking for a job but my parents would never 'just' give me money!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
I never end up spending the money though lol. I went shopping on Sun and didn't find a single thing, so frustrating!
Save your money instead?
Maybe you should save it, do something memorable with it.

And how old are you to have a xmas list? ****ing hell, I'm appreciative of anything I get for Christmas knowing how the recession ****ed up my parents wages.
Are there any shows you want to go to in the next year? Maybe get tickets for it...? Any hobbies?
Reply 8
I'm 24. I don't have an actual list list! Its just my bf asking me to let him know a few ideas thats all. I'm not exactly some spoilt brat thanks. Also a list doesn't equal expense. I see so many people on here talking about 42" plasma tv's for xmas. I'm not talking anywhere near this scale. Maybe a few books etc that sort of thing
(edited 13 years ago)
What kind of stuff are you in to?

maybe some art for your room?
money - and then save up for something you want. A holiday is a good option - yes I know they're expensive so you'll have to save for a while, but money to go towards it is helpful :biggrin:
Reply 11
Would defo like some wii games. My course is quite intense, its nice to have a bit of downtime. I have asked for wii sport resort, any recommendations peeps?
Original post by Sprockette
If you really don't want anything, why not ask for things you need? Like anything for your flat/house? Or even I thought food 'vouchers' for a food shop later if my Mum would actually do that lol Or vouchers for Topshop/River island/HMV etc? I'm being sensible and getting driving lessons this year. I'd love money as I'm looking for a job but my parents would never 'just' give me money!

I can sometimes get that too, I dont have a clue what I want when people ask me. But as the quote above says- if there is anything you particularly need then ask for that. I had a couple of books i needed for college last christmas- it saved my buying them myself.
Reply 13
save it for a trip or a journey.
Reply 14
Original post by Cynthi007
save it for a trip or a journey.

Yeah we are going on holiday next year hopefully so will put some aside for that.
Original post by Mm_Minty
Money's always welcome in my book.

You're a girl, thats innate.
Reply 16
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
You're a girl, thats innate.

Reply 17
Any more ideas peeps? I am stuck stuck stuck! What are you guys hoping for for xmas?x
Reply 18
Original post by Lazaroo
Any more ideas peeps? I am stuck stuck stuck! What are you guys hoping for for xmas?x

what about like a magazine subscription? I am asking for 6 months of MetalHammer (music mag) to be delieved right to my door :biggrin:
also asking for mittens, earmuffs, posters for my room, a few books, ipod cover and some wellie-boots!
Reply 19
Original post by Mally-xo
what about like a magazine subscription? I am asking for 6 months of MetalHammer (music mag) to be delieved right to my door :biggrin:
also asking for mittens, earmuffs, posters for my room, a few books, ipod cover and some wellie-boots!

OOooo I always read NEW magazine, so thats a very good idea!

Latest

Trending

Trending