The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Apologies, hadn't updated my signature in quite a while!

I'm in Year 13, doing A-Levels in Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry.
Reply 321
Original post by Freddie Thompson
actually York is not even included on the ''Top 90'' of the Guardian Table...:tongue:

Actually, York is joint ninth in the OVERALL Guardian table.
If you are going to use the retort "But that's not subject specific" the Guardian table thinks QMUL is the best uni for Law after Oxbridge. It's a bunch of crap. Before you say anything, I'm going to be made an offer from QMUL, so I'm not biased.

York wouldn't be on the Law subject table yet because it's a new course. A better table would be the complete university guide table.
Original post by Mann18

Original post by Mann18
Actually, York is joint ninth in the OVERALL Guardian table.
If you are going to use the retort "But that's not subject specific" the Guardian table thinks QMUL is the best uni for Law after Oxbridge. It's a bunch of crap. Before you say anything, I'm going to be made an offer from QMUL, so I'm not biased.

York wouldn't be on the Law subject table yet because it's a new course. A better table would be the complete university guide table.

To the retard you said this too -----> your a retard
Reply 323
Original post by lfcwatcher
To the retard you said this too -----> your a retard

Wow you are witty! With a retort like that you were practically born to be a Barrister! :rolleyes:
Reply 324

actually York is not even included on the ''Top 90'' of the Guardian Table...:tongue:

thats because its just got a new law school with new professors and all........ so its not included cz its too early to tell how good it is.... good uni though

well done
Original post by Tericon

Original post by Tericon
Wow you are witty! With a retort like that you were practically born to be a Barrister! :rolleyes:

wow sarcasm, the lowest form of humour, what's next throwing pies at clowns, for your information i am going Cardiff university,
Reply 326
Original post by Tericon

Irony, thy name is thou.
Reply 327
First sign of activity on track since I sent the damn thing and...

Durham Law Offer! :u:

That was a bit of a shock, I didn't think they'd be rolling these out until the new year! I'm not complaining :dance:.
Reply 328
Original post by Mann18
Irony, thy name is thou.

Sorry that my troll insulting skillz didn't measure up against your strict criteria ^^ Good job I was banking on a career as a Solicitor :tongue:
Reply 329
Original post by Tericon
Sorry that my troll insulting skillz didn't measure up against your strict criteria ^^ Good job I was banking on a career as a Solicitor :tongue:

That literally was not what happened.

You held yourself above another, when clearly, you yourself were on the same level, double standards, hypocrisy, call it what you will, I really hate it, so I called you out. Then you apparently negged me, so thanks for that :yy:

It's clear you're an overall class act :top2:

Let's stop clogging up the thread with non-offer related bullcrap now, good luck with your applications and the LPC when the time comes.
Reply 330
Has anyone heard from UCL or KCL for straight Law? :smile:
Reply 331
Original post by Kaskade
Has anyone heard from UCL or KCL for straight Law? :smile:

You won't hear from KCL until February if they do what they did last year.
As for UCL, no news is good news, very few people were given early offers last year, a host of people were rejected though.
Reply 332
Original post by Mann18
You won't hear from KCL until February if they do what they did last year.
As for UCL, no news is good news, very few people were given early offers last year, a host of people were rejected though.

Yeah, I heard KCL don't offer till march in some cases! So UCL will be the same, Feb/March time? Or before xmas? Why do they do thiiiis!? :albertein:
Reply 333
Original post by Kaskade
Yeah, I heard KCL don't offer till march in some cases! So UCL will be the same, Feb/March time? Or before xmas? Why do they do thiiiis!? :albertein:

From what I recall, UCL give offers out in dribs and drabs at first, then open the floodgates. Most responses early on will be rejections (mostly on LNAT score screening.) I think I'm right in saying UCL get back slightly quicker than KCL, not by much, maybe a fortnight or two, but still.

Good luck anyway, I saw you have a QMUL offer, I have an Open Day interview, so apparently I'm going to get an offer too, I'm still undecided on whether to make the trip though, costly and exhausting.
Reply 334
Original post by Mann18
From what I recall, UCL give offers out in dribs and drabs at first, then open the floodgates. Most responses early on will be rejections (mostly on LNAT score screening.) I think I'm right in saying UCL get back slightly quicker than KCL, not by much, maybe a fortnight or two, but still.

Good luck anyway, I saw you have a QMUL offer, I have an Open Day interview, so apparently I'm going to get an offer too, I'm still undecided on whether to make the trip though, costly and exhausting.

Ohhh, well I hope I don't get a response from UCL till after xmas!! I'd love to go there ^^

Thanks, yeah it was weird 'cause I got an open day with no offer so I got a little confused... but then I got the offer and it made more sense xD Over the moon about it!
When is your open day interview? That's strange because I didn't think they interviewed for Law unless you were international? Or have you got your a-levels already or something?

Good luck anyway!
Reply 335
Original post by Kaskade
Ohhh, well I hope I don't get a response from UCL till after xmas!! I'd love to go there ^^

Thanks, yeah it was weird 'cause I got an open day with no offer so I got a little confused... but then I got the offer and it made more sense xD Over the moon about it!
When is your open day interview? That's strange because I didn't think they interviewed for Law unless you were international? Or have you got your a-levels already or something?

Good luck anyway!

Did not mean an interview, my bad.

UCL is a good uni, you need a good LNAT though, more than 20/30 or whatever the equivalent is these days. My Open Day is next Wednesday I think, do you have one too?

I'm probably not going to go to QMUL anyway, York gave me an offer, and I'm not sure how they measure up. I do already have my A-Levels though.
University of Surrey:
Offer for Law (3 or 4 years) M100
Conditional BTEC DDD*
*Equivalent to 3 A's at A Level

Newcastle University
Law M100

Sweeeet =)
Reply 337
UCL interview for Law with French Law :biggrin:
Reply 338
Original post by anoif_

Congrats :smile: Do you mind me asking what your predictions are? How did they tell you, via email? :smile:
Original post by anoif_

same!! they informed me last week! what date is your interview, mine is december 15th.

Latest