The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
owp! rejection from UCL today- based on LNAT score! DAMN!
Original post by Matt_1307

Hey :smile: Sorry about the rejection from UCL, hopefully KCL hits you up with an offer :smile:

When did you sit the LNAT and send off your UCAS form?
Original post by SpriteOrSevenUp

Cardiff
Law & politics
ABB Or ABBB or AB and Welsh BAQ
ucas sent 6/11/2010
Offer recived Today, 24/11/2010

Invite to open day recived last week

thats three offers out of 5 come on Bristol
Reply 343
Anyone heard back from Kings or Nottingham yet?
Reply 344
Original post by Matt_1307

Sorry about that! Hopefully you get offers from the rest of your UNIS as your grades are actually really good! If you don't mind me asking, when did you do your LNAT please?
Reply 345
Original post by chantelligent
same!! they informed me last week! what date is your interview, mine is december 15th.

Mine is December 15th too at 4pm! :smile: When is yours? Are you nervous? I am now the initial excitement has settled down!

Original post by viola146
Congrats :smile: Do you mind me asking what your predictions are? How did they tell you, via email? :smile:

Thank youuu :smile: No of course not, I'm predicted A*A*A*A, with the 3 A*s in Politics, Economics and English and the A in French (because I got AAAB at AS with the B in French) I though the B might put me at a disadvantage but hopefully not :smile: And yeah, they emailed me. I see you've applied for Christ Church as well - so have I! :biggrin: Is that for Law with French Law too, I presume? Good luck - I'm sure you'll hear soon :smile:
Reply 346
QMUL offer:
Unconditional.

I already knew, but it's official now.
Applied for law at:

Oxford University - WAITING FOR THAT INTERVIEW LETTER!
UCL
LSE
SOAS
Warwick

So far, not a single offer. :frown: Help me people!
Course: LLB Law with International Relations
University: Edinburgh
Offer: 34 IB points with 555 HL

UCAS sent: 4th November 2010
Offer recieved: 24th November 2010
Reply 349
Original post by lfcwatcher

Original post by lfcwatcher
Cardiff
Law & politics
ABB Or ABBB or AB and Welsh BAQ
ucas sent 6/11/2010
Offer recived Today, 24/11/2010

Invite to open day recived last week

thats three offers out of 5 come on Bristol

How coincidental! I'm waiting for Cardiff, for Law and Politics and have an offer from Bristol! What were you predicted?
Reply 350
Original post by ufochaffeuress
Applied for law at:

Oxford University - WAITING FOR THAT INTERVIEW LETTER!
UCL
LSE
SOAS
Warwick

So far, not a single offer. :frown: Help me people!

Ahaha, I feel your pain, my friend, but don't stress. I've been lurking in the Oxford chat thread and a lot of interview letters have gone out, but none, so far that I can see, for law. Perhaps they take longer to process because of the LNAT, or something else.

Which college did you apply to?

Also, don't worry about the other universities - UCL and LSE have both sent out loads of rejections but few acceptances, so no news is good news so far. Warwick, so far as I can see, hasn't sent out any Law offers either - I've only received an acknowledgment, and they can take a while too. Don't panic!
Reply 351
Original post by kiwimate
Ahaha, I feel your pain, my friend, but don't stress. I've been lurking in the Oxford chat thread and a lot of interview letters have gone out, but none, so far that I can see, for law. Perhaps they take longer to process because of the LNAT, or something else.

Which college did you apply to?

Also, don't worry about the other universities - UCL and LSE have both sent out loads of rejections but few acceptances, so no news is good news so far. Warwick, so far as I can see, hasn't sent out any Law offers either - I've only received an acknowledgment, and they can take a while too. Don't panic!

I've seen some Law interview offers given out, only to non-Home students though.
If you're not from the UK, they give you more than a week's notice, (two I believe.)

Seeing as the interviews are scheduled for the 8th of December-10th of December, letters should be recieved by around the 1st of December for UK people, and around this time for non-UK applicants.

Warwick have given out offers too, but on the whole, I agree with your post, there's really nothing anyone can do now, I just want to know who's accepted me so I can get things sorted, rather than linger here, in this crappy limbo.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 352
any Lancaster offers for Law LLB or Law with Criminology LLB?
any York offers for Law LLB?
oh and what's this about York not being in the Law tables or whatever? I thought it was a top Uni? :s-smilie:

No offers yet, going out my mind :frown:
Cardiff University
Law and Politics
AAB

Newcastle University
Law
AAA

University of Manchester
Law and Politics
AAB
Reply 354
Original post by amydee:)
any Lancaster offers for Law LLB or Law with Criminology LLB?
any York offers for Law LLB?
oh and what's this about York not being in the Law tables or whatever? I thought it was a top Uni? :s-smilie:

No offers yet, going out my mind :frown:

Lancaster AAA Law LLB

haven't heard from York

York Law isn't in the league tables because it has only been doing law for a few years, so it hasn't got the feedback needed to be top in the table yet.
Got a track update today, thought to myself "wow Bristol are early", logged in and saw that Exeter have lowered my offer to AAB!!!!! They're my top choice, so I'm ecstatic with that! :biggrin: :biggrin: Lets off so much pressure with the A in History. Over the moon :biggrin:
Reply 356
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Course: LLB Law
University: Warwick
Offer: AAAc

UCAS sent: 12th October 2010
Offer recieved: 19th November 2010

Congrats!! I didn't see this, sorry :frown: I sent my UCAS on the same day as you :smile: What are you predicted again? And you're a home student right? Hurrrry up Warwick. Please.

[QUOTE="knb3;28646655"]How coincidental! I'm waiting for Cardiff, for Law and Politics and have an offer from Bristol! What were you predicted?[/QUOTE

congrats on the offer from bristol i am pridicted;

AAAB + welsh Baq which is 120 ucas points
Original post by lattywatty
Got a track update today, thought to myself "wow Bristol are early", logged in and saw that Exeter have lowered my offer to AAB!!!!! They're my top choice, so I'm ecstatic with that! :biggrin: :biggrin: Lets off so much pressure with the A in History. Over the moon :biggrin:

Damn it why can't they lower my offer :frown:!

Did they give you any indication as to why they lowered it?

Also, how come you're placing Exeter above Bristol in terms of your choices?
Original post by Cast.Iron
Damn it why can't they lower my offer :frown:!

Did they give you any indication as to why they lowered it?

Also, how come you're placing Exeter above Bristol in terms of your choices?

Yeah I know it's because I took part in something linked to the mutual recognition scheme (at Bristol uni) which universities associated with it appreciate and give "special consideration" to, which basically means they may give you a lower offer. Bristol may also do the same for my offer.

And I placed Exeter above Bristol because the uni is so much nicer. I've lived in Bristol all my life and whilst I love the city (and place the city above Exeter), the uni itself is... just not that great. Plus I'll only be 20 minutes from home. But I still haven't ruled it out. If they give me an offer of AAB too then I'll have a very tough decision.

Latest

Trending

Trending