The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by .am.
Has anybody who has sent his application before the 15th of october, so obviously the oxbridge deadline, received an answer yet? any offers or rejections?

or any international student in general?

I've received an unconditional for the ITMB..I sent my application on the 4th of October..Not an international student though..just waiting for LSE to reply. Their admissions told me that I should hear within three months of my application..We'll have to see if they keep true to their word! :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by .am.
Has anybody who has sent his application before the 15th of october, so obviously the oxbridge deadline, received an answer yet? any offers or rejections?

Hey :smile:

My friend who applied to UCL for English with a AAAA at AS and predicted grades of A*AAA was rejected last week :frown:

She applied for the Oxbridge deadline as well
Original post by .am.

I applied WAY before the oxbridge deadline, and I've had an unconditional for one course but I've not heard anything other than a confirmation from the other one yet, but I'm hoping to hear soon :smile:

P.S. I'm not an international student.
Reply 1383
Original post by synvilla
Last year I got rejected from LSE, UCL, Durham, Edinburgh and Cambridge :facepalm:
I got lovely feedback from Cambridge post-interview while LSE said my PS was rubbish, Durham said my grades were rubbish and UCL said my subject choices were rubbish... :rolleyes: I was too ashamed to ask Edinburgh for feedback.

I hope this will make you feel a little bit better, you allready have an offer so there's no way you can fail to my level :wink:

Hopefully you will get in somewhere good this year. UCL said that about your A Level subject choices?? What were your subjects?
Original post by JakeBeesley

Original post by JakeBeesley
I'm applying to two courses at SSEES, Russian Studies and German and Russian. What about you?

Hi, I've applied to SSEES, have you heard anything from them?
Reply 1385
Anyone heard about Law/Spanish? :smile:
Original post by SpriteOrSevenUp
Hey :smile:

My friend who applied to UCL for English with a AAAA at AS and predicted grades of A*AAA was rejected last week :frown:

She applied for the Oxbridge deadline as well

Sorry to hear about your friend, did they give any feedback regarding the rejection?
Reply 1387
Original post by ckelly674
Offer - Conditional for L100 Economics - A*AA.

What are your grades like?
:eek:Your grades are really good, best of luck with your other choices.
Original post by beabeajuicy
I have just been given a rejection by UCL for economics. I have been predicted of getting four A* in A level and I got full marks in seven modules of my AS Level result.
I can't believe how competitive it is !
Reply 1389
I think it clearly shows that grades are NOT the only thing UCL are looking for.. that's why there's the personal statement, the reference and sometimes an interview. Yes, economics is extremely competitive, but four A* predicted.. who can beat that? Looks like it's a strong personal statement that can get you in:smile: (in addition to a thousand As of course) :biggrin:
Anyone else applied for Politics and East European Studies?
Original post by eve_bg

Original post by eve_bg
I think it clearly shows that grades are NOT the only thing UCL are looking for.. that's why there's the personal statement, the reference and sometimes an interview. Yes, economics is extremely competitive, but four A* predicted.. who can beat that? Looks like it's a strong personal statement that can get you in:smile: (in addition to a thousand As of course) :biggrin:

I am studying economics and business studies. This might be one of the factor contributing to the rejection as well.
Original post by James Snowdon
Anyone else applied for Politics and East European Studies?

me :smile:
and around 20 other people on this site.... kind of making me a little worried as there are only 20 places for PEES... :rolleyes:
Original post by coffee-spoons
me :smile:
and around 20 other people on this site.... kind of making me a little worried as there are only 20 places for PEES... :rolleyes:

Haha crap :tongue:
Is there a dedicated thread for this years applicants?
Have you heard from them yet? Also, if you dont mmkind saying - what AS grades and predictions do you have? (eyeing up the competition! :colondollar:)
Haha crap :tongue:
Is there a dedicated thread for this years applicants?
Have you heard from them yet? Also, if you dont mmkind saying - what AS grades and predictions do you have? (eyeing up the competition! :colondollar:)

There is a SSEES thread in the UCL section :smile:

I got 4 A's at AS, and am aiming to get 3A*'s at A2. However, school don't tell us what were predicted, and i've been told by some teachers they don't like predicting people A*'s ( last year my RS teacher gave no one an A* prediction even though 4 people ended up getting an A*) soo, in short- don't know what i'm predicted lol.

My PS statement is a bit rubbish, to be hons. I'm applying for Politics and Philosophy at a few other uni's- which meant my personal statement had a lot of emphasis on Philosophy. so, seeing as there is heavy competition- i doubt they will like me. However, in History we do Russian History, so i spoke about that and books i've read about the Soviet Union blah blah blah.

Hope that helps. :smile:
There is a SSEES thread in the UCL section :smile:

I got 4 A's at AS, and am aiming to get 3A*'s at A2. However, school don't tell us what were predicted, and i've been told by some teachers they don't like predicting people A*'s ( last year my RS teacher gave no one an A* prediction even though 4 people ended up getting an A*) soo, in short- don't know what i'm predicted lol.

My PS statement is a bit rubbish, to be hons. I'm applying for Politics and Philosophy at a few other uni's- which meant my personal statement had a lot of emphasis on Philosophy. so, seeing as there is heavy competition- i doubt they will like me. However, in History we do Russian History, so i spoke about that and books i've read about the Soviet Union blah blah blah.

Hope that helps. :smile:

Ah, very impressive as I expected! I've put UCL and LSE (moreso) down as long-shots, I got AABB last year, and I'm predicted AAA/B i think but you never know!
Ah, very impressive as I expected! I've put UCL and LSE (moreso) down as long-shots, I got AABB last year, and I'm predicted AAA/B i think but you never know!

i applied to LSE too!- for politics and Philosophy though.
you never know how things are going to turn out though... i just want to hear something. i submitted my application agessss ago. However, the first PEES is 12th January- according to the website. so doubt we will hear anything till end of UCL term. so, 17th December.
i applied to LSE too!- for politics and Philosophy though.
you never know how things are going to turn out though... i just want to hear something. i submitted my application agessss ago. However, the first PEES is 12th January- according to the website. so doubt we will hear anything till end of UCL term. so, 17th December.

Ahhh that's ages to wait! I'll end up convincing myself I have a chance of getting in by then and surely be left dissapointed! Thanks for the info by the way! :smile:
Reply 1398
wish UCL would hurry up! been a week and not even an acknowledgement, anyone else applied for natsci?
Reply 1399
Original post by procrastinizer
Got an offer for electronic and electrical engineering H601 :smile:

Congrats, were you at the interview day on the 10th?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending