The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

I've been avoiding this thread for too long in fear of getting a straight rejection from UCL. Now that I have an interview offer I can start dreaming of UCL. Going for Medicine :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Blondshavemorefun
Sorry to hear about your friend, did they give any feedback regarding the rejection?

No, unfortunately they didn't :frown: I told her to email them, asking for a reason though.

I was so shocked because she seems like an ideal candidate. If she had an interview I'm pretty sure that she would have been offered a place.

Unlucky though I guess?
Original post by samantha0929
Hi, I've applied to SSEES, have you heard anything from them?

I've been offered an unconditional for Russian Studies. What course are you applying to?

I've not heard back for German and Russian yet, but I think that might be because it's sorted out mainly by Modern Languages and they've probably got a lot more applications to deal with.
Reply 1403
Original post by .am.
Has anybody who has sent his application before the 15th of october, so obviously the oxbridge deadline, received an answer yet? any offers or rejections?

or any international student in general?

Hey!! I'm an international student and applied on the 14th of October - UCAS processed it on the 15th. Only acknowledgements from all the courses I applied to - no offers/rejections which is extremely frustrating.
Original post by quizzo

Original post by quizzo
What are your grades like?

GCSEs - 9A* 2A

AS - 4A
A levels predicted - 4A*
Reply 1405
conditional offer from ucl for modern languages.. AA (french and spanish) B (english). now, i'm excited! any other modern languages applicants here? :biggrin:
Reply 1406
interview at UCL
Reply 1407
Original post by CZephyr
Hey!! I'm an international student and applied on the 14th of October - UCAS processed it on the 15th. Only acknowledgements from all the courses I applied to - no offers/rejections which is extremely frustrating.

You shouldn't say that no rejections are frustrating:wink: i'm in the Same situation like you and already got rejections from LSE.
What do you want to study by the Weyand which unis are you aiming for?
:smile:Congrats on your interview! What subject are you applying for?
Original post by ragaa
interview at UCL
Reply 1409
Original post by Blondshavemorefun
:smile:Congrats on your interview! What subject are you applying for?

Thanks medicine
Reply 1410
Original post by .am.
You shouldn't say that no rejections are frustrating:wink: i'm in the Same situation like you and already got rejections from LSE.
What do you want to study by the Weyand which unis are you aiming for?

Hahaha at this point, I think I just really want something to happen! Ooo LSE! So I'm guessing you are aiming for L100 at UCL?
I applied for UCL's biomedical sciences and medicine courses along with medicine and biomedicine at Imperial and biomed at Oxford :smile:
What courses are you applying for?
Original post by ckelly674
Offer - Conditional for L100 Economics - A*AA.

Are you UK based?? do you not need to attend an open day?/ cuz my offer is subject to attendance of an openday..
Congrats :smile:
Reply 1412
Original post by CZephyr
Hahaha at this point, I think I just really want something to happen! Ooo LSE! So I'm guessing you are aiming for L100 at UCL?
I applied for UCL's biomedical sciences and medicine courses along with medicine and biomedicine at Imperial and biomed at Oxford :smile:
What courses are you applying for?

No it's VL51, phil & eco. LSE was also phy & eco and govern & eco and PPE in Oxford. I still have one choice but can't make up my mind whether to choose durham or warwick :^_^:
Reply 1413
Original post by .am.
No it's VL51, phil & eco. LSE was also phy & eco and govern & eco and PPE in Oxford. I still have one choice but can't make up my mind whether to choose durham or warwick :^_^:

ooo!! I applied to Oxford too!
AND...
OMG I JUST GOT AN OFFER FROM UCL FOR BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES
"We do not expect applicants who live beyond a reasonable travelling distance to come to UCL for interview and so we have recommended that an offer be sent to you through UCAS."
I must be dreaming. I must be dreaming OMG OMG OMG!
Original post by anradu
Wow. I feel for you :frown: What did you do afterwards? + what were your grades?

I may find myself in the same position with my application unsuccessful for UCL and LSE. UCL stating: Regretfully, your academic performance to date was not strong enough and does not warrant further consideration.

I'm worried and anxious. LSE was first choice. I understand they have a high ratio of foriegn students to maintain the income and.thus, standards of the university. Being British in this case may have its disadvantages. My GCSE grades were as follows:

3A* and 8As
A-Levels: 2A* and 2A

Were my grades lacking strength? Is there the possibility Oxford too will follow suit, and pass me by? I'd be deceiving if I said I wasn't upset but Im considering whether I was overambitious with my Application and overlooked my realistic chances. I have Bristol and WarwicK left to hear from.

I ended up getting a job at a university, working with administration and stuff, and I truly enjoy it. I don't feel that bad about not studying right now, and I don't feel very rushed into doing it either. But it's each to its own, I guess.

Your grades seem really fine, I wouldn't worry about them. Sometimes it's just down to luck. I would be very surprised if you didn't get in anywhere, though.
Original post by CZephyr
ooo!! I applied to Oxford too!
AND...
OMG I JUST GOT AN OFFER FROM UCL FOR BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES
"We do not expect applicants who live beyond a reasonable travelling distance to come to UCL for interview and so we have recommended that an offer be sent to you through UCAS."
I must be dreaming. I must be dreaming OMG OMG OMG!

Nice! Although UCL never interview for biomed (only in borderline cases), what they mean is that you don't have to go to the open day they hold for those they've made an offer.
Reply 1416
Original post by Markh1000
Nice! Although UCL never interview for biomed (only in borderline cases), what they mean is that you don't have to go to the open day they hold for those they've made an offer.

Thanks :smile: That is so cool!! But I really want to visit UCL if I end up going to London for interviews with Imperial (which I don't think will happen! haha)! I've never been to the U.K before and this should be a good time (haha post IB) to do so!
Reply 1417
I got 4 offers so far and now waiting for UCL to reply me back :biggrin:
Give me an offer and I'll work my ass off :biggrin: lol
Reply 1418
Original post by Sawasdee
I got 4 offers so far and now waiting for UCL to reply me back :biggrin:
Give me an offer and I'll work my ass off :biggrin: lol

Congrats! :biggrin:

I have an unconditional from UCL. :smile:

Hopefully yours will come through soon too, just wait! :smile:

:hugs:
Reply 1419
Original post by -beads-
Congrats! :biggrin:

I have an unconditional from UCL. :smile:

Hopefully yours will come through soon too, just wait! :smile:

:hugs:

When did you get the invitation fr the UCL?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending