The Student Room Group

Snow

Ok I've heard it's could snow in my area and I am really dreading it. And the reasons why is as follows:
1.I have to walk to school, in my suit shoes which have no grip whats so ever so I'm going to either slip and fall and crack my head open or ice skate to school.
2.There is a chance school will get called off. I have exams coming up and not going school is not the best idea.
3.After the initial first footprints in the snow when the snow turns into slush and ice it's disgusting and dangerous.
4.I have to shovel the snow out of my driveway shoveling snow is not easy trust me(I remember last year).
5.Sure it is fun for like the first few hours but after that it's just downhill.
I bet most of you are thinking :eek:

STOP GIVING ME NEG REP YOU TWITS.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I agree. I hate snow.
Reply 2
Suit, not suite.
Yeah, you're welcome.
Reply 3
I do have to agree as well. It's nice to look at, and it's fun the first half an hour, but afterwards it becomes tiresome.

Plus I'm clumsy, and at the start of a year I almost slipped into a river because of the ice.
I have to walk a grand total of one hour to uni and one hour back, not including various busses or trains that I may have to get along the way- so I'm not really looking forward to tomorrow, either!
Snow is cold; therefore, no me gusta.
I couldn't go to school today because of snow, there was a car crash at the roundabout near where I live and no traffic was moving.
I hope we don't get another winter like last year. -_-
There should be an unwritten rule that snow only falls from the 24 of december and then magically clears by 2 jan.

Last year ,where I live from like the middle of december until late feb, the snow and ice caused major problems. And I live in a typically mild part of the UK.

And I tell you what else annoys me, are the people who live in countries who live with snow all year round who laugh at us. Their governments spend money on all sorts of technology and other things to make it easier because it makes finanical sense . Our goverments do not and I find every year we are completely unprepared for this.

You know what,we need to reverse all this global warming rubbish,lets pollute the atmos as much as possible and warm the planet up big time. Blame the cold winters on these environmentalist idiots.
Reply 8
It's supposed to snow where I live aswell :cry:
Reply 9
I LOVE snow. :biggrin: :woo:
Reply 11
Original post by SAK.A
Ok I've heard it's could snow in my area and I am really dreading it. And the reasons why is as follows:
1.I have to walk to school, in my suit shoes which have no grip whats so ever so I'm going to either slip and fall and crack my head open or ice skate to school.
2.There is a chance school will get called off. I have exams coming up and not going school is not the best idea.
3.After the initial first footprints in the snow when the snow turns into slush and ice it's disgusting and dangerous.
4.I have to shovel the snow out of my driveway shoveling snow is not easy trust me(I remember last year).
5.Sure it is fun for like the first few hours but after that it's just downhill.
I bet most of you are thinking :eek:

1. Wellies? Or any more suitable footwear. Then change into normal shoes when you get there
2. Closing the school is a last resort for them, if they have to then the teachers will make adjustments to their teaching schedule to make up for the lost time. If you're that worried study at home.
3. Disgusting? No ones asking you to eat it. Dangerous? Walk around the dangerous areas, or again more suitable footwear will help to prevent slipping.
4. Or just walk through the snow? Wellies will help with this too.
5. Downhill? Invest in a sledge. Failing that, some sort of tray/large flat object.

OK, that last one was a joke. But I think the rest is pretty obvious advice.
WTF is wrong with you guys?!

Snow is lush.
Reply 13
i agree i dont like snow! its nice to look at and would be nice if it snowed on christmas day but apart from that i dont see the obsession with it. its cold! whats to like
Reply 14
I love snow!
It so magical, clean and beautiful. I don't even mind when it gets all old and slushy.

I do think we need to be better prepared for the weather though - I'm Polish and my family back in Poland reguarly get inches and inches of snow and they trudge to work, no complaints.
Snow sucks. I ****ing hate it when it's icy.
I agree it's so cold! I live in the middle of nowhere with dangerous icy roads and it snows a lot here :frown: ...snowing now actually! Not sure if I can visit Cardiff uni next week because of the snow :frown: and last year nearly missed my AS exam as we were snowed in.
Original post by SAK.A
x

I'm with you on this one.
I can't possibly understand why adults can get excited about snow. I'm 19 at university and I know plenty of people who are excited about it...
Yes it looks pretty. Yes it's nice if it snows around Christmas and you're in the warm looking out of it. But let's face it, it's frozen rain. Cold rain! Snow isn't terrible but ice is horrible. I used to slip up all the time on the way to school. You get chavs throwing snowballs at you. Traffic is awful and it's dangerous to drive. I get two buses to uni and I'm not looking forward to it.

I feel like such a grinch saying all of this :frown:
Really though, snow is all well and good when you can stay inside, preferably by a fire, and look out at it, and make the decision to go and build a snowman for like 20 minutes. But if you're forced to go out in it and travel in it, it's not that nice at all. And surely by the time you're 16-20, the novelty has worn off...
Reply 18
I ****ing love snow! So white and pure and beautiful. Just how I love my women :awesome:

But after it turns to slush it is horrible. Although technically that isn't snow.
The only good thing about the snow is that my school could close and it looks nice outside :P It also feels good to step on a patch of snow that no one else has stepped on yet :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending