The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by huy
Someone in my class got an interview for the 15th December within the last two days.

ooh do you happen to know his/her UKCAT score?:biggrin:
well that was scary!

King Newt
x

were you touring the new medical school?

Spoiler

has any EU student been inveted for interview?
Original post by spacepirate-James
well that was scary!

btw how did it go ? best of luck :biggrin:
Original post by areyousure?

btw how did it go ? best of luck :biggrin:

honestly guys, it wasn't as hard compared to the amount of preparation i did for it.

the questions are more or less straight-forward, and what the website said they would ask. the article was, in my case, okay and that lead onto a couple other questions that were more taxing (but impossible to revise for) that tested problem-solving. :smile:

i was so worried about it beforehand but it was relaxed and quite enjoyable tbh.

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 224
Had my interview today, felt it went okay other than one question. Hopefully that will not be detrimental. How have they chosen who are interviewed so far does anyone know?
well that was scary!

were you touring the new medical school?

Spoiler

I was! Not the glasses one though! I was the other one :wink: Hope your interview went well! Who interviewed you?
does anyone know if EU students have got interviews yet?
thanks ^^
Reply 227
Original post by areyousure?
does anyone know if EU students have got interviews yet?
thanks ^^

I just called. I told them I'm and EU student and asked if they got my school transcript. I've asked them if international or EU students are interviewed at the same time as the uk students and she didn't answer straight... but she did tell me that IF I am successful i will probably receive an interview offer for the february-march perioud. Hope it helps:smile:

By the way are you an EU applicant ? If so... where are you from (if you dont mind) :smile:
Original post by King Newt
I was! Not the glasses one though! I was the other one :wink: Hope your interview went well! Who interviewed you?

ahh. i got the one with the red clothes, dark brown (red perhaps) hair :biggrin:

it went as well as it could. though, i forgot some really stupid stuff. now waiting to, hopefully, hear something. the medical school is SO FRICKING new and awesome and shiny.

:tongue:

A very bubbly, blonde woman who taught anatomy... And a guy called Ed (who was a GP) who, I think, was deliberately trying to "act" hostile. And a guy from dundee there to learn how to interview.

twas fun.
Reply 229
ahh. i got the one with the red clothes, dark brown (red perhaps) hair :biggrin:

it went as well as it could. though, i forgot some really stupid stuff. now waiting to, hopefully, hear something. the medical school is SO FRICKING new and awesome and shiny.

:tongue:

A very bubbly, blonde woman who taught anatomy... And a guy called Ed (who was a GP) who, I think, was deliberately trying to "act" hostile. And a guy from dundee there to learn how to interview.

twas fun.

Hey Congrats for your interview! Could you tell me what your UKCAT score was?
Original post by teafil
Hey Congrats for your interview! Could you tell me what your UKCAT score was?

it was okay :ninja: 705
Reply 231
it was okay :ninja: 705

LOL that's more than ok... i barely got an 680 :frown: Do you happen to know how much other interviewed people got?:confused: (i'm a bit too stressed and stressful i know :colone: )
Original post by teafil
LOL that's more than ok... i barely got an 680 :frown: Do you happen to know how much other interviewed people got?:confused: (i'm a bit too stressed and stressful i know :colone: )

i know 3 other people who went from my school, and they all had roughly the same UKCAT scores. 690 - 720. :s-smilie:
Reply 233
i know 3 other people who went from my school, and they all had roughly the same UKCAT scores. 690 - 720. :s-smilie:

Well I hope they're gonna take a look to us mortals with 650+ scores as well... yep... waiting waiting waiting :smile:
Original post by teafil
Well I hope they're gonna take a look to us mortals with 650+ scores as well... yep... waiting waiting waiting :smile:

can we make that 600+:tongue:
Original post by teafil
I just called. I told them I'm and EU student and asked if they got my school transcript. I've asked them if international or EU students are interviewed at the same time as the uk students and she didn't answer straight... but she did tell me that IF I am successful i will probably receive an interview offer for the february-march perioud. Hope it helps:smile:

By the way are you an EU applicant ? If so... where are you from (if you dont mind) :smile:

yes i am from spain!
thanks for the infor, we should just keep waiting even thought i had an average ukcat which may mean that there is no interview for me!!
I'm not a medic there but I was creeping around and just wanted to say good luck to everyone!! :biggrin:
Reply 237
Original post by garlicbreadman
can we make that 600+:tongue:

I'd love everyone to get it so if it were to me i'd make it 500+ :wink:) Where else did you apply? I have the feeling I've seen your username on many forums but can't really figure out where :biggrin:
Original post by teafil
I'd love everyone to get it so if it were to me i'd make it 500+ :wink:) Where else did you apply? I have the feeling I've seen your username on many forums but can't really figure out where :biggrin:

Edinburgh, Dundee, Aberdeen.

wbu?

Do St Andrews continue giving out interviews through until March?

What was ur ukcat teafil?
Reply 239
Original post by garlicbreadman
Edinburgh, Dundee, Aberdeen.

wbu?

Do St Andrews continue giving out interviews through until March?

What was ur ukcat teafil?

I've applied to Dundee, Glasgow, St. Andrews and Oxford. Oxford is out as my Bmat is not high enough...

I called St. Andrews and they told me there are 2 main interviewing periods: November-December (as I've noticed Wednesdays 24.11 ; 1.12; 8.12; 15.12) and February-March... i suppose they will interview for a total of 8 weeks (before and after Christmas). They do not interview in January as I understood, but they will probably start sending interviews again at the end of January. Also, checking the St. Andrews last years thread I've noticed a lot of people got interviews in the last half of February and first half of March... so there is a long waiting ahead of us.

My UKCAT score was 680. I've heard that some people with interviews on the 15th of December have a 670 UKCAT score though...

I am an EU applicant and I'm starting to think that universities tend to interview local students first, leaving internationals towards the end. I hope I get an interview... the pressure is killing me :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending